Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

ABC really pushing Roseanne

Didn't really like it. Roseanne seemed off on her timing for most of her jokes. Sick of politics in EVERYTHING.....Really gets old..Regardless of which side is trying to be spun(even though Roseanne spun both sides) I mean can we have anything anymore that doesn't have politics meshed into it? Sports, movies, TV....where do you go for a break from all of that.

Oh and let's see. Their son has a black daughter, their one daughter has what--2 kids out of wedlock and is a lesbian....and NOW Dan is peeved cause Becky wants to have a surrogate? NOW he puts his foot down. That whole premise felt forced and idiotic.

Laughed at a few of the jokes, thought they were OK. Most fell flat. Don't think it was a laugh track, said filmed in front of a live studio audience, which these days could be a little worse.

So probably not gonna tune in for any future shows, or maybe if it's on I might catch it but not gonna DVR it.

Do like the return of will and grace though.

If you know the show a lot of this story line makes sence with the back storyline

Pretty sure it's a live audience for this one.

The wife and I really enjoyed it, thought it was well done for what it is. The nostalgia of the whole thing was great.

Theres no way an audience laughed at that. That was a post production laugh track

Jesus, had more of a laugh track than Big Bang theory and 2.5 men combined.

What a shitshow

When you film in front of a live audience, you have to have a laugh track especially when you use different takes...

Theres no way an audience laughed at that. That was a post production laugh track

I read a few years ago that the laugh track you hear on sitcoms is the same one they've been using for 50-60 years. Don't know how true it is but I thought it was interesting.

I read a few years ago that the laugh track you hear on sitcoms is the same one they've been using for 50-60 years. Don't know how true it is but I thought it was interesting.

All those laughing are probably dead, sweet

Mung, I am just curious, what comedies do/did you like that didn't have a laugh track?

Mung, I am just curious, what comedies do/did you like that didn't have a laugh track?

Sunny in Philadelphia is the best sitcom ever created. No laugh track.

Yeah, the laff track is pretty outdated.

Missed last night. but I would watch just to see Sarah Chalke.

Did she do this last night? https://i.imgur.com/soYM05Z.gif :wub:

Thank you sir! :thumbsup:

Weird thing is now when I hear her voice I can't help but picture Beth from Rick and Morty.

Always sunny and the office are probably the best ones

just watched it. give it a 6/10. thought acting by rossanne and jackie was terrible. rest of cast was fine. john goodman saves it.

edit: grown up sarah chalke is yummie. scrubs and on.... very nice.

I just watched first episode. Better than I expected, but they really need to dial back that laugh track.

The black kid really sort of sticks out Dunn she?

There was one joke that was funny, can't even remember what it was though.

Agreed on the acting. I mean it's a sitcom for chrissake not a fellow. And still, Roseanne God she just can't act.

Everything just seemed incredibly forced.

When do they bring opioids into the show? It is about white trash America after all.

As I was researching yesterday, I was surprised to find that original Becky has actually caught and surpassed new Becky in hotness. :o

Original Becky was not my cup of tea at the time, but she has aged well. :thumbsup:

New Becky is starting to get that weird plastic surgery face. <_<

My link

As I was researching yesterday, I was surprised to find that original Becky has actually caught and surpassed new Becky in hotness. :o

Original Becky was not my cup of tea at the time, but she has aged well. :thumbsup:

New Becky is starting to get that weird plastic surgery face. <_<

My link

you are crazy

Lecy looks like she should be cast as young Hillary

you are crazy

Lecy looks like she should be cast as young Hillary

:nono:

My link

vs.

My link

watch em on the show its no comparison

its like comparing Tiffany Trump to Ivanka

Looks wise yeah, but Tiffany is a slut. You can tell. Ivanka not so much

I thought this might be a good show to watch with the whole family. After reading the reviews and some of the opinions here, I have my doubts.

The cross dressing kid, the lesbo mom, the laugh track and the Trump vs Hillary crap are more than enough reasons for me to pass it by.

• Like 1

I thought this might be a good show to watch with the whole family. After reading the reviews and some of the opinions here, I have my doubts.

The cross dressing kid, the lesbo mom, the laugh track and the Trump vs Hillary crap are more than enough reasons for me to pass it by.

John Goodman is good in it though

Wait.... you mean the show that featured one of the first gay weddings..... lesbian kisses..... had episodes about interracial relationships in the 90's may have episodes dealing with similar issues in today's environment?

SHOCKING

Last Man Standing was much better for the whole family...

So probably doesn't take much for a psychic to figure out that this is going to be yet another bullshit culture war kind of thing.

I heard that its only an 8 episode season, so was the network expecting it to suck?

Not all comebacks are filled to 13 episodes... It is late March already and sweeps ends in May, no reason to have more than eight episodes...

Wiff will not be happy.

18.5 million viewers and a 5.1 rating in 18-49 demo.

Modern day television doesn't draw these huge ratings anymore unless it's a sporting event.

Source: Tv by the numbers.

Actually I do. Would. And her name is Brett Butler, not Rhett.

Brett was a pretty good lead off hitter for the Braves too.

Ok. I just watched it and holy fock, was that bad!

All else aside, TV surpassed this type of show years ago and for me, theres just no going back. And Im a get off my lawn guy whos eligible for A focking ARP!

Laugh track - are you focking serious with this sh!t?

One liners every 10 sec - cmon man!

Put us all out of its misery already.

Brett was a pretty good lead off hitter for the Braves too.

Was very happy with him when he was with the Giants.

I think the real key here will be the drop off or lack thereof. Yeah, everyone to TuneIn because it was seriously hyped and everyone to see what everyone look like and how it would go. Now that we're past that, will be very interesting to see where the numbers end up going forward.

Most of the reviews I've read have really said the same thing about it being more about Nostalgia than actual quality.

I think the real key here will be the drop off or lack thereof. Yeah, everyone to TuneIn because it was seriously hyped and everyone to see what everyone look like and how it would go. Now that we're past that, will be very interesting to see where the numbers end up going forward.

Most of the reviews I've read have really said the same thing about it being more about Nostalgia than actual quality.

I haven't watched the show. I did flip around the news channels last night, Fox spent a lot of time praising it. Huckabee was on with McCallum, all boned up about it. Ingraham opened her show with it, went on and on, conservative values, the passion of the christ was huge, this is what America wants, Hollywood should listen. Will be interesting to see how the ratings roll out the rest of the season, and if Huckabee is on board when the transgender make out session happens.

I haven't watched the show. I did flip around the news channels last night, Fox spent a lot of time praising it. Huckabee was on with McCallum, all boned up about it. Ingraham opened her show with it, went on and on, conservative values, the passion of the christ was huge, this is what America wants, Hollywood should listen. Will be interesting to see how the ratings roll out the rest of the season, and if Huckabee is on board when the transgender make out session happens.

LOL and CNN didn't like it much. LOLOL Predictable?

LOL and CNN didn't like it much. LOLOL Predictable?

I didn't see CNN cover it, but they probably did. CNN was all in on the new Gates stuff, and Stormy.

The idea is actually decent.

Pick up a show and their characters so many years later and see how theyve changed, what theyre up to etc.

But the execution here was godawful.