Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

What was your worst physical pain ever?

OM- very sorry for your losses. Must have been very traumatic (probably to some degree now as well). glad you survived and are with us!

4) ankles- used to play a lot of basketball and hs/collegiate lacrosse. have been on crutches 10+ times for them.

3) gout- in the ankle. used to get flare ups 3 times a year. very painful. take a pill and it is relieved within a day. change in diet has helped with this. rarely kicks in now.

2) knee- playing a mud football game (was before the 1st dal/49ers NFCC game in the early 90's). instead of trying to tackle me, my closest friend dropped his shoulder- acl, mcl, cartilage. rehabbed- re-injured, rehabbed, reinjured...decided on surgery. it has been pretty solid since, just lost a step on the field and court.

1) freak back injury- in 2000 i was going for a run i had done probably 1000 times and went through a faux cement block... L4, L5, S1. kicks in a few times a year and i cannot move for 4-10 days... evil pain.

A faux cement block? Explain.

FYI: Cement is a powder that acts as a binder when mixed with aggregate and water to form concrete, mortar, grout, etc.

That sucks, lucky you didn't snap your leg like a twig.

That sucks, lucky you didn't snap your leg like a twig.

true. but all of the lower body injuries seem minimal compared to what i've gone through with my back.

minimal settlement. I'd return it in a heartbeat to get my pre-injury back back.

I've had broken bones, neck braces, stitches, bruises, etc. Easily the worst pain was when I had an impacted tooth. Completely dibilitating pain. I couldn't even function. Swolen face. I went to the dentist and he said that he'd have to prescribe an antibiotic to get the swelling down and then pull it in a week or so. I told him that either he was going to pull it or I was going to pull it, but it was effing coming out today. He relented and pulled it. Immediate reliefe. Bad thing is, I didn't even know I had a tooth that was that effed up. Couldn't tell by looking at it.

I've got a pain right where my sternum is but just underneath. What would that be doc?

Left or right?

you never answered my question!

What was the question?

nothing compared to some you guys,but since it hasn't been mentioned, PLUEROSY.

not sure about the spelling, but I'm damn sure about the pain.

I don't think I'd survive a kidney stone, that's partly why I drink at least 3 liters of water every morning.

I know it's nothing to laugh about, and I'm sure hurt like a ,, but every time Bert mentions his gout, I can't help but think of Boss Hogg.

Yes, pleurisy. :D

When I was quite a bit younger, I swallowed some cayenne peppers that were in my meal at a Chinese restaurant. They weren't that hot going down, but the next day when they came out whole, I wanted to die. A few came halfway out and just stuck there, I literally wanted to die that day rather then face that pain. I felt like a million bucks after I was done though.

Front 4 teeth were broken in half exposing the nerves and could not be treated for a day as it happened on a Sat night

I was going to fire a girl on my warehouse crew. As I was walking up to her, she broke her front four teeth in half. She pushed a dolly under a couple of boxes without her hand on the top of the dolly. The dolly came back and that was it. Her tooth nerves were just dangling there. I took her to emergency care and the company fixed her teeth. Then I fired her.

Gout! That sh!t was more painful than separating my shoulder.

I was talking with my buddy today who noticed I was limping. I said "Yeah, my big toe starting hurting Sunday morning for some reason and it's been killing me ever since. I must have strained it doing tons of yard work Saturday."

He said "dude, you don't have a strain, tendonitis, or anything like that. You drink alcohol like a fish, eat a terrible diet, and you're 40+ y.o. You got gout."

I got gout. :cry:

He said the only thing that helped him was drinking "black cherry juice." :dunno:

I was talking with my buddy today who noticed I was limping. I said "Yeah, my big toe starting hurting Sunday morning for some reason and it's been killing me ever since. I must have strained it doing tons of yard work Saturday."

He said "dude, you don't have a strain, tendonitis, or anything like that. You drink alcohol like a fish, eat a terrible diet, and you're 40+ y.o. You got gout."

I got gout. :cry:

He said the only thing that helped him was drinking "black cherry juice." :dunno:

Or you can drink less, eat better and use medications which are FDA-approved for the treatment of gout. :dunno:

Or you can drink less, eat better and use medications which are FDA-approved for the treatment of gout. :dunno:

Perpahs. I think I'll try the black cherry juice chased with lots of alcohol and bad food! :banana:

nothing compared to some you guys,but since it hasn't been mentioned, PLUEROSY.

not sure about the spelling, but I'm damn sure about the pain.

I don't think I'd survive a kidney stone, that's partly why I drink at least 3 liters of water every morning.

be careful that the water isnt high in mineral content. I was informed by someone in the military that guys who drank a ton of water were more prone to kidney stones since the water provided had a high mineral count.