Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Paid off my student loans

Let me put it this way:

sallieMaesucks.com was already taken.

It's not just me. It's not as if the problems just materialzed because I posted in this thread.

You would not have had these problems had you honored your part of the bargain.

You can't borrow money and not pay it back. Even in bankruptcy it screws your credit up for a long time.

I know bankruptcy does not work with student loans, and it shouldn't.

• Like 1

Let me put it this way:

sallieMaesucks.com was already taken.

It's not just me. It's not as if the problems just materialzed because I posted in this thread.

They didn't suck so much when they were lending you money. :dunno: If there weren't deadbeats like you, perhaps they would not take such a hard line on everyone else.

• Like 1

You need to prioritize saving for your next ski vacation :cheers:

Also, between those suggesting acquiring student debt is for the untalented and others critiquing you for not waiting for a government bail-out there is a whole lotta stupid in this thread.

My wife won't go with me to Vail this winter and now both my parents and my sisters family live in Denver so I should not need a rental car. I should be able to ski with you for a couple days on the cheap. I have already added squats and lunges into my exercise regimen (in addition to running). Hopefully, I will be able to keep up on day 2.

I have had so many problems with Sallie Mae ... i will never send them a dime. Long, long, story.

It's not a long story: you're a deadbeat. There, three words

My wife won't go with me to Vail this winter and now both my parents and my sisters family live in Denver so I should not need a rental car. I should be able to ski with you for a couple days on the cheap. I have already added squats and lunges into my exercise regimen (in addition to running). Hopefully, I will be able to keep up on day 2.

Nice!

Also, between those suggesting acquiring student debt is for the untalented and others critiquing you for not waiting for a government bail-out there is a whole lotta stupid in this thread.

This. Congratulations to you for persevering through school, making the most of your degree, and having the foresight and discipline to pay off those loans. Kudos!

Irregardless of how much money my family has, NYU still expected me to pay my bills.

See, you wouldn't know this but I also applied to Columbia for grad school, and got rejected. I coulda been a snotty, white aristocratic, ivey league a-hole.

So ... You all have that to be thankful for.

How could Columbia reject someone with such command of the language?

• Like 1

How could Columbia reject someone with such command of the language?

Almost posted this. Nice to know that irregardless of my inaction you had it covered. :thumbsup:

What??!!

This. Congratulations to you for persevering through school, making the most of your degree, and having the foresight and discipline to pay off those loans. Kudos!

Thanks. But I never had educational loans - mostly because of my father's life insurance policy, but I had a small academic scholarship and worked in undergrad/med school too. I am planning to pay off my mortgage this year or next, though, 10 years into the loan. Some of these morons probably think that is a bad idea as well.