Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

Spermoff - Is the Earth warming?

Spermoff - Is the Earth warming?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Regardless of cause, do you believe that the temperature of the Earth is rising?

• Yes
    • No

Let's forget the why and man's involvement in it. There is a supposition that everyone agrees that it is happening and that the real question is man's involvement in the cause and how to best address it. I don't know that everyone is in agreement on whether it is even happening, so let's have a very simple pole.

Inconclusive.

Since we can't know what temperature it has been every year since the time Earth showed up, there is nothing to compare the present day temperature to. It is not possible to know.

Those that believe in climate change are using the same logic as people who believe in God. Belief without conclusive proof.

Please change the choices.

Democrat

Republican

Please change the choices.

Democrat

Republican

I was using this to point out that the question is still debatable in some people's minds.

Inconclusive.

Since we can't know what temperature it has been every year since the time Earth showed up, there is nothing to compare the present day temperature to. It is not possible to know.

Those that believe in climate change are using the same logic as people who believe in God. Belief without conclusive proof.

There are other ways to measure earth's temperature over the millenia but let's just stick with thermometers which have been around for four hundred years and predate the industrial revolution. Would data going back four hundred years work for you?

There are other ways to measure earth's temperature over the millenia but let's just stick with thermometers which have been around for four hundred years and predate the industrial revolution. Would data going back four hundred years work for you?

:wacko:

Please don't be this absurd, there are no long-term historical records of weather. It has only been in the last 100 years or so that scientists have been keeping a detailed account of such things as temperature, sea level and rainfall. It's all estimates and educated guesstimates.

I believe that the Earth is in a warming phase with many variables being contributing factors but, this kind kind of absurd statement is why skeptics can't take you guys seriously.

Please don't be this absurd, there are no long-term historical records of weather. It has only been in the last 100 years or so that scientists have been keeping a detailed account of such things as temperature, sea level and rainfall. It's all estimates and educated guesstimates.

I believe that the Earth is in a warming phase with many variables being contributing factors but, this kind kind of absurd statement is why skeptics can't take you guys seriously.

Skeptics... not letting facts get in the way of opinion.

From wikipedia:

Various authors have credited the invention of the thermometer to Cornelis Drebbel, Robert Fludd, Galileo Galilei or Santorio Santorio. The thermometer was not a single invention, however, but a development.

Philo of Byzantium and Hero of Alexandria knew of the principle that certain substances, notably air, expand and contract and described a demonstration in which a closed tube partially filled with air had its end in a container of water.[2] The expansion and contraction of the air caused the position of the water/air interface to move along the tube.

Such a mechanism was later used to show the hotness and coldness of the air with a tube in which the water level is controlled by the expansion and contraction of the gas. These devices were developed by several European scientists in the 16th and 17th centuries, notably Galileo Galilei.[3] As a result, devices were shown to produce this effect reliably, and the term thermoscope was adopted because it reflected the changes in sensible heat (the concept of temperature was yet to arise).[3] The difference between a thermoscope and a thermometer is that the latter has a scale.[4] Though Galileo is often said to be the inventor of the thermometer, what he produced were thermoscopes.

The first clear diagram of a thermoscope was published in 1617 by Giuseppe Biancani: the first showing a scale and thus constituting a thermometer was by Robert Fludd in 1638. This was a vertical tube, closed by a bulb of air at the top, with the lower end opening into a vessel of water. The water level in the tube is controlled by the expansion and contraction of the air, so it is what we would now call an air thermometer.[5]

The first person to put a scale on a thermoscope is variously said to be Francesco Sagredo[6] or Santorio Santorio[7] in about 1611 to 1613.

(conservative retard) No because it's been a bit chilly where I live for the past several days (/conservative retard)

Skeptics... not letting facts get in the way of opinion.

From wikipedia:

Great, thanks for the completely unnecessary lesson on when the thermometer was invented, I hope you aren't implying that thermometers were installed all over the globe with scientists taking meticulous daily records 4 hundred years ago?

Great, thanks for the completely unnecessary lesson on when the thermometer was invented, I hope you aren't implying that thermometers were installed all over the globe with scientists taking meticulous daily records 4 hundred years ago?

Of course not, scientists never write stuff down. That'd be silly.

Damn those scientists and their conspiracy that gains them nothing!!

nothing ? Lots of folks getting rich and tax payers gettint soaked on this flying spaghetti monster. Its a for profit cult.

Who is making enough money because of fake global warming to make all of the scientists rich who support it? Its the exact opposite really. Oil companies (typical big business being negatively impacted by the truth) want people to believe carbon from humans is not the problem. These companies always defend their product, even if it means millions of deaths or other severe consequences, at least until the evidence is so overwhelming they cant deny their responsibility. Oil companies have enough money to pay scientists to convince the drobeskis of the world the problem is with 97% of scientists who believe humans have a hand in global warming.

Or are you just arguing to egg on the board liberals?

Obviously the Illuminati are paying nearly all scientists in the world to conclude the Earth is warming for some nefarious purpose. A brave few have resisted their evil overtures and fight to expose the truth. Those few are merely taking donations from oil companies because the New World Order has made every effort to ensure these rebels cannot receive even the most meager of funds to perform their heretic research.

• Like 1

NOAA was founded in 1807 and people have been interested in the weather and kept detailed data all throughout history -including George Washington and Thomas Jefferson- if for no other purpose than they were interested in it.

http://celebrating200years.noaa.gov/foundations/atmospheric/welcome.html

This kind of absurd statement is why we've never been able to take you seriously.

Good point. Let's humor you and give them a hundred years, no, no -fock it- I'll be really generous. Let's give them two hundred to spread out. Would that make you feel better to show you that it's warming.

I could get my five year old son over here to explain to you how a thermometer works if you need help with the concept. I'd really appreciate it if you could also explain to him that there are no monsters hiding in the bathroom at night too. I don't know how to do so without resorting to logic and reason so I think you'd be better equipped to do so.

NOAA was founded in 1807 and people have been interested in the weather and kept detailed data all throughout history -including George Washington and Thomas Jefferson- if for no other purpose than they were interested in it.

http://celebrating200years.noaa.gov/foundations/atmospheric/welcome.html

This kind of absurd statement is why we've never been able to take you seriously.

Good point. Let's humor you and give them a hundred years, no, no -fock it- I'll be really generous. Let's give them two hundred to spread out. Would that make you feel better to show you that it's warming.

I could get my five year old son over here to explain to you how a thermometer works if you need help with the concept. I'd really appreciate it if you could also explain to him that there are no monsters hiding in the bathroom at night too. I don't know how to do so without resorting to logic and reason so I think you'd be better equipped to do so.

You proved my point. Thanks.

2012 Still the hottest year on record ?

Or was the scientific fact wrong on that one ?

You proved my point. Thanks.

2012 Still the hottest year on record ?

Or was the scientific fact wrong on that one ?

Scientists, Corporations, even GOP politicians are acknowledging that MM Climate change is real, the 2 of you are so on the wrong side of this, it's actually sad...you are going to be clinging to a wrong fact long after everyone moved on. Why, cause the two of you can't take off your Hack glasses, even when the hacks in charge are saying you're wrong.

Scientists, Corporations, even GOP politicians are acknowledging that MM Climate change is real, the 2 of you are so on the wrong side of this, it's actually sad...you are going to be clinging to a wrong fact long after everyone moved on. Why, cause the two of you can't take off your Hack glasses, even when the hacks in charge are saying you're wrong.

2012, hottest or not ?

2012, hottest or not ?

No, world-wide it was not the hottest year---let's hear your big revelation that will disprove MM Climate Change now...because 2012 wasn't the hottest year on record. Please note, I'm going to take into consideration, you're climate science background is limited to an your sophomore year of HS Earth Science course.

It's amusing to watch so many simple folks trying desperately to berate people into believing an unprovable hypothesis.

It's amusing to watch so many simple folks trying desperately to berate people into believing an unprovable hypothesis.

yeap.....mikes the funniest ..,.dumb focking tard will believe anything al gore tells him

Why bring religion into this?

It must be warming - they are starting to sell air conditioners in Texas now. B)

It must be warming - they are starting to sell air conditioners in Texas now. B)

i'm quite sure 80% of Texas' population cannot afford them

I am fairly certain that if you drilled down 50 feet you would find the same temps as you would have a million years ago. So no, the earth is not warming. The air temps might be a tick higher.

Clearly it currently is... However it seems highly more logical that it is part of a short term or long term cylical trend rather than a permanent increase. People with short term views felt the stock market would increase forever, until the cyclical nature of it appeared again, as it always does.

2012, hottest or not ?

And apparently, you asked this for no reason at all...what happen, you get distracted by something shiny.

yeap.....mikes the funniest ..,.dumb focking tard will believe anything al gore tells him

Holy hacking hell...why don't you get back to listening to Rush, so he can tell you what to think.

• Like 1

For the naysayers, what evidence would it take to make you believe the earth is warming and man is playing a significant part in it?

Rush Limbaugh telling them that it is...

Or Obama saying it isn't. :lol:

Obviously the Illuminati are paying nearly all scientists in the world to conclude the Earth is warming for some nefarious purpose. A brave few have resisted their evil overtures and fight to expose the truth. Those few are merely taking donations from oil companies because the New World Order has made every effort to ensure these rebels cannot receive even the most meager of funds to perform their heretic research.

:lol:

[/end thread]

:first:

some republicans really are dumb

So the 2012 hottest ever fake outrage was just bad science.

But it is settled now ?

Got it. Im onboard. ..kill them coal mills, jobs and electricity haven't been proven to be good thing anyway.

Kill em!

So the 2012 hottest ever fake outrage was just bad science.

But it is settled now ?

Got it. Im onboard. ..kill them coal mills, jobs and electricity haven't been proven to be good thing anyway.

Kill em!

Link to anyone saying what you said in your last "paragraph" of 3?

I believe that the Earth is in a warming phase with many variables being contributing factors

:rolleyes:

Y'all don't read so well.....

For the naysayers, what evidence would it take to make you believe the earth is warming and man is playing a significant part in it?

A record from day one, since, you know, anything short of that is inconclusive. Oh, and btw, if science finds someway to provide that, it will be rejected since everybody knows "scientists" are just shills for the MMGW lobby. HTH. :thumbsup:

A record from day one, since, you know, anything short of that is inconclusive. Oh, and btw, if science finds someway to provide that, it will be rejected since everybody knows "scientists" are just shills for the MMGW lobby. HTH. :thumbsup:

So what you are saying is there is no merit to public figures running around screaming about the end of the world, you must repent, but they can make it all better if you give them some money. Interesting.

So what you are saying is there is no merit to public figures running around screaming about the end of the world, you must repent, but they can make it all better if you give them some money. Interesting.

No, I didn't say any of that. I'm not even sure what you're blathering about. You been huffing paint again? What I'm saying is that the level of proof you would require is intended to make sure nothing can ever be sufficiently proved to your liking. It's called willful ignorance. You know that gravity is just an "unprovable hypothesis" too, right?