Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Current vote on how to handle IR during the draft

Its obvious how I voted but im going to champion the cause for keeping things as they are stated in the bylaws. We had some random changes to those rules that didn't benefit the entire league and now we are voting on how to proceed moving forward (which makes sense but really should it have come to this?) basically voiting to say that in the future, the random handling of IR was okay.

To me, the whole point of getting players off IR and onto the 22 man roster before making cuts and then drafting to get back to 22 is a very simple and easy way to do things. If someone gets placed on IR during our draft, you have to carry them until the draft is over. Then you can place them on IR and make a waiver claim.

maybe it makes you think twice before drafting a player you know is on IR, because you wont automatically get a free pick.

just my 7 cents.

I'll go on the record and say I voted the same way. It basically keeps things even, 22 players per team to start with no matter what, and it does bring up some strategic challenges which I think is part of the fun of dynasty leagues.

And on another note...HAPPY 2017 NFL SEASON!!

What happened was that after we'd voted to incorporate IR, we never had this discussion about how it should affect players injured before the draft until now. This isn't the first time we've seen it, just the first time the discrepancy was noted. The season before last, I'd green lighted this with Kelvin Benjamin.

Right now it's 3-3-2. Focking sucks if it ends in a tie,

What happened was that after we'd voted to incorporate IR, we never had this discussion about how it should affect players injured before the draft until now. This isn't the first time we've seen it, just the first time the discrepancy was noted. The season before last, I'd green lighted this with Kelvin Benjamin.

Right now it's 3-3-2. Focking sucks if it ends in a tie,

4-3-2

So it will be allowed? If so, there should be a caveat that you can't draft a player on IR, place them in an IR slot immediately, and get another draft pick.

I believe 4-3-2 results in NO IR during draft

So it will be allowed? If so, there should be a caveat that you can't draft a player on IR, place them in an IR slot immediately, and get another draft pick.

No, of course not. You could fill the spot in FCFS waivers after the draft though.

I believe 4-3-2 results in NO IR during draft

What? Why would it mean that?

What bothers me is only seven people weighed in an opinion, two punted, five didn't even take the time to punt.

What? Why would it mean that?

What bothers me is only seven people weighed in an opinion, two punted, five didn't even take the time to punt.

Sorry I got option A and B confused.

Either way IR during the offseason and draft is stupid