Sign in to follow this  
BudBro

if obama had another son

link

The parents of two British students murdered in Florida have criticised President Barack Obama for his lack of compassion over their son's deaths.

His failure to respond to three letters sent to the White House was because there was no "political value" and not worthy of a few minutes of his time.

They spoke out as teenager Shawn Tyson began a life sentence after being found guilty of the murder of James Cooper and James Kouzaris last April.

The 17 year old, who shot the men as they begged for their lives, will die in prison.

His conviction of first degree murder carries an mandatory life sentence without the chance of parole.

The powerfully built teen even looked bored as emotional DVD presentations about the dead men prepared by their grieving parents were shown in court.

Tyson, who has the word 'Savage' tattooed across his chest didn't show a flicker of emotion, slumping in his seat as he was forced to watch a montage of photos showing the victims from early childhood to young men.

Two close friends of the dead men who had attended the eight day trial in Sarasota, Florida. had also delivered highly emotional impact statements to the court prior to the sentencing.

Paul Davies and Joe Hallett spoke of the "living hell" they and others who knew the men had suffered since the murders.

During the eight day trial they had been shown graphic crime scene and autopsy photos shown in court.

Later speaking after Tyson was jailed Davies and Hallett lashed out at Mr Obama saying the deaths of their friends was "not worthy of ten minutes of his time."

Davies said:"We would like to publicly express our dissatisfaction at the lack of any public or private message of support or condolence from any American governing body or indeed, President Obama himself.

"Mr Kouzaris has written to President Obama on three separate occasions and is yet to even receive the courtesy of a reply.

"It would perhaps appear that Mr Obama sees no political value in facilitating such a request or that the lives of two British tourists are not worthy of ten minutes of his time."

The rebuke follows Mr Obama's personal intervention into the shooting in Florida of a young black teenager by a white-Hispanic neighbourhood watch captain.

The death of 17 year old Trayvon Martin has sparked nationwide protests with his supporters claiming he was victim of a racist attack.

Mr Obama entered the controversy last week by saying if he had a son he would have looked like Martin.

The alleged assailant in Martin's death has not been charged with any crime having claimed he was attacked first and used Florida's 'stand your ground' law to shoot in self defence.

The criticism of the US President was made on behalf of the Cooper's parents Stanley and Sandy, from Warwicks, and Peter and Hazel Kouzaris, from Northampton by Davies in a statement read outside the courtroom.

The parents of the two victims did not attend the trial but they had access to the proceedings from a live video feed.

The filmed interview of the Kouzaris's was played to the court while a message from Sandy Cooper was read out by the prosecutor.

The victims close friends delivered an emotional impact statement with Hallett telling Tyson he hoped he would be haunted by his actions.

He told him: "Imagine them being killed. Now try to imagine that they died because someone creept up on them and shot them numerous times for no good reason. Welcome to our world. Every night you go to sleep, every morning you wake up, I want you to think of my friends who you murdered. Their images will be imprinted on your conscience up until your very last breath in life."

Can we expect a thread now every time someone in the US is murdered and Obama doesn't comment on it?

P.S. That will be about 50 a day. I can't wait.

P.S. That one will be about 50 Cent. I can't wait.

I also can't wait until 50 Cent is shot dead.

My hermit crab died and Obummer said nothing. :thumbsdown:

Somehow I am not surprised you compare human life to that of hermit crabs.

What about when phillybear faked his death last year? Obama didn't say a word. He's in way over his head. Booooo

What about when phillybear faked his death last year? Obama didn't say a word. He's in way over his head. Booooo

Highly doubt anyone takes this place seriously enough to know what you're talking about.

Highly doubt anyone takes this place seriously enough to know what you're talking about.

Obama knows all, Portly

Somehow I am not surprised you compare human life to that of hermit crabs.

Says the guy who thinks Zimmerman shouldn't stand trial. :lol: :wacko:

Two things:

1. The "If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon" comment was only President Obama showing compassion and answering a question about what has turned into a national story.

2. With that said. It was sort of a weird way to go about it by the President. When I saw the clip of him saying it, I immediately thought to myself "What does he mean by that?" "What is he trying to say?". Which does open it up to interpretation. It was sort of odd, but I really think it was just a harmless way to show compassion about a national story and a 17 year old who is now dead.

It was a failed suicide attempt. And instead of making fun, Orange Julius, we should be cheering philly on.

Is it typical for someone in an administration to express condolences when foreign visitors are murdered? Honest question.

Is it typical for someone in an administration to express condolences when foreign visitors are murdered? Honest question.

What's typical? As Nikki noted there are 50 murders a day in this country. Our President decided to weigh in on ONE of them, a month after it happened. He's also apologized to terrorists for our supposed disgusting acts, like burning or pissing on books. So can we really say what's typical?

So, the murderer is put away for life in prison with no chance of parole and these guys want our President to respond to them individually? They got justice.

The President responded in the Martin case because it is an emotionally charged story across our country. To ignore it, is stupid.

I am willing to bet that, if we had a situation where foreign tourists were being murdered and there was no action by authorities, then the President would respond. Until then, I think that these guys have unrealistic expectations.

What's typical? As Nikki noted there are 50 murders a day in this country. Our President decided to weigh in on ONE of them, a month after it happened. He's also apologized to terrorists for our supposed disgusting acts, like burning or pissing on books. So can we really say what's typical?

Obummer didn't decide to weigh in on the Zimmerman / Martin thing - he was specifically asked about it.

And he didn't apologize to terrorists about burning the Quran. I'm not sure he apologized for it at all. He condemned the acts, probably to keep our troops overseas from becoming even more of a target than they are right now.

hth

Obummer didn't decide to weigh in on the Zimmerman / Martin thing - he was specifically asked about it.

And he didn't apologize to terrorists about burning the Quran. I'm not sure he apologized for it at all. He condemned the acts, probably to keep our troops overseas from becoming even more of a target than they are right now.

hth

Is it helping if you're WRONG?

Tommy Vietor, another White House spokesman, said U.S. Ambassador Ryan Crocker had delivered the letter from Obama, which was a follow-up to a phone call he had with Karzai earlier in the week to discuss the future of U.S.-Afghan ties.

"In the letter ... the president also expressed our regret and apologies over the incident in which religious materials were unintentionally mishandled at Bagram Airbase," Vietor said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/23/us-afghanistan-korans-obama-idUSTRE81M13W20120223

Is it helping if you're WRONG?

I'm not wrong - you said he apologized to terrorists. He didn't, unless you think Karzai is a terorrist.

hth

no racebait, no care...

if its not dividing people, its not helping the progressive movement...

I'm not wrong - you said he apologized to terrorists. He didn't, unless you think Karzai is a terorrist.

hth

He didn't apologize to Karzai. He apologized to the entire country, which includes a sh*tload of terrorists.

HTH.

He didn't apologize to Karzai. He apologized to the entire country, which includes a sh*tload of terrorists.

HTH.

The letter was addressed to Karzai, right? But you assume it was to the entire country and therefore accuse him of apologizing to terrorists because there are terrorists in Afghanistan.

Makes sense! :doh: :wacko:

The letter was addressed to Karzai, right? But you assume it was to the entire country and therefore accuse him of apologizing to terrorists because there are terrorists in Afghanistan.

Makes sense! :doh: :wacko:

So you think the letter said something like

"Dear Harmad,

We want to apologize to YOU for burning Korans. We don't care about the other x million people in your country but we want YOU to know how sorry we are."

yeah, I doubt that. I suspect it was sent to him as the head of the country but expressed apologies to the entire country. If he addressed it just to Karzai, how would that help our troops as you suggested earlier?

Really, it's ok to admit when you're wrong.

:lol:

You're wrong. No, you're wrong. No, you're wrong. How does it feel to be wrong? I don't know, because you're wrong. Blah blah blah

So you think the letter said something like

"Dear Harmad,

We want to apologize to YOU for burning Korans. We don't care about the other x million people in your country but we want YOU to know how sorry we are."

yeah, I doubt that. I suspect it was sent to him as the head of the country but expressed apologies to the entire country. If he addressed it just to Karzai, how would that help our troops as you suggested earlier?

Really, it's ok to admit when you're wrong.

So what you're saying is he didn't apologize specifically to terrorists, he issued an open ended apology to Karzai and the rest of Afghanistan, which contains terrorists. Which, by your logic means he apologized to terrorists.

Why not accuse him of apologizing to murderers, rapists and pedophiles? Afghanistan probably has a bunch of those, too. Same logic here. :dunno:

no racebait, no care...

if its not dividing people, its not helping the progressive movement...

:pointstosky:

what ?.....no !.....this is America ;)

So what you're saying is he didn't apologize specifically to terrorists, he issued an open ended apology to Karzai and the rest of Afghanistan, which contains terrorists. Which, by your logic means he apologized to terrorists.

Why not accuse him of apologizing to murderers, rapists and pedophiles? Afghanistan probably has a bunch of those, too. Same logic here. :dunno:

Better logic than suggesting he ONLY apologized to Karzai since that's who he sent the letter to. And how can you say he didn't apologize to terrorists if he included the entire country in his apology? Of course, you're the one who said he didn't apologize at all to anyone so either way you're wrong.

:pointstosky:

Better logic than suggesting he ONLY apologized to Karzai since that's who he sent the letter to. And how can you say he didn't apologize to terrorists if he included the entire country in his apology?

You're a funny little guy. It's like an even dumber Recliner Pilot, only you mean it. :lol: :doh:

I lost again. Time to go wipe my tears and replace my Mascara.

Yep.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Says the guy who thinks Zimmerman shouldn't stand trial. :lol: :wacko:

Too bad that is NOT my position. Just because I am open to the idea that Trayvon MIGHT not be this perfect little angel that couldn't possibility be at fault doesn't mean I think Zimmerman shouldn't stand trial. I don't have all the information, like you do apparently.

Too bad that is NOT my position. Just because I am open to the idea that Trayvon MIGHT not be this perfect little angel that couldn't possibility be at fault doesn't mean I think Zimmerman shouldn't stand trial. I don't have all the information, like you do apparently.

That hasn't stopped you from defending Zimmerman for page after page, then hypocritically questioning how much I value life. :doh:

That hasn't stopped you from defending Zimmerman for page after page, then hypocritically questioning how much I value life. :doh:

Gawd damn you focking struggle hard with comprehension. This post by you is beyond stupid. So stupid in fact, I am not buying that even YOU are this ignorant.

However, in case you really are this focking moronic I will explain it, again.

Just because I want to know the truth and post new information as it was reported, doesn't mean I am defending ANYBODY numbnuts.

Also, :P means I was focking kidding with the post questioning how much you value life you halfwit.

Holy fock. :wall: :wall:

I'm amazed MDC gets anything done in his life with Obama's cack in his mouf 24/7. :o

It's almost like I've started 10 freaking pages about him. :lol:

I was just messing with you gocolts. :cheers:

It's almost like I've started 10 freaking pages about him. :lol:

If we could find someone with a more pathetic life than you, we could convince them to mine your posts over the past 3 years. I'm sure there would be 50+ pages of you defending your hero in each and every thread started by anyone pointing out his failures.

Fortunately for the world, I don't think we can dredge up someone with a more pathetic life than you.