Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Marshawn Lynch

Do you think Matt Flynn helps his Mr. skittles #'s this year or hurts him ..,i'd like to

think now that Pete Carroll is developing a passing game..., the field opens up a bit more

creating more running holes...if i remember correctly he was the only back to score a td

against SF last year ....,thoughts ?

It's Lynch so it's strange to see his name in the late first or early second, maybe there are some minor contract/motivation concerns or 'prove it to me again' but with the lack of true running backs in the league I'll gladly take him on my team.

I think there are less concerns on him than McFadden and Murray. Though McFadden might have more upside. Plus besides SF he plays in a great division to be a running back.

It's Lynch so it's strange to see his name in the late first or early second, maybe there are some minor contract/motivation concerns or 'prove it to me again' but with the lack of true running backs in the league I'll gladly take him on my team.

I think there are less concerns on him than McFadden and Murray. Though McFadden might have more upside. Plus besides SF he plays in a great division to be a running back.

And he was the only rb to score a rushing td against SF.

I have him ranked as the 6th best fantasy back in the league. Packing it in after getting paid and injury due to his running style are really the only knocks on him.

With so much uncertainty surrounding so many backs, I don't see how he's not in the top 10.

And he was the only rb to score a rushing td against SF.

Yep. Looking back at his game log what's even more impressive about his 1,416 total yards and 13 tds is that he didn't even get 20 carries until week 7.

He produced like straight money down the stretch and with Flynn in town it should ease concerns that Seattle might fall down early and abandon the run.

Lynch 2011 was one of my biggest hits in FF in recent memory. went after him in all league including trading for him in dynasties/deep keepers.

he started off slow but fully rewarded me down the stretch.

This year Im not sure yet what to think. What worries me most is him having been paid. but im leaning toward him being a solid top 10 guy.

I tend to stay away from RBs whom the previous season had a career year, and got paid in the offseason. I still don't think Lynch is very mature.

So to recap:

1. Career year previous season

2. Got paid in the offseason

3. Maturity issues

4. Likely first round pick.

I could easily get burned, and he could have an amazing year. But all these people saying outside of Foster/Rice/Shady he's the one with the least question marks I disagree. I'd much rather take McFadden, Chris Johnson, or Jamaal Charles, all of whom, imo have significantly more upside than Lynch.

in fairness, all his "maturity issues" where during his first couple season's in Buffalo. I can't recall any incidents from the past few years. Just because he looks like a thug doesn't mean he still is a thug.

in fairness, all his "maturity issues" where during his first couple season's in Buffalo. I can't recall any incidents from the past few years. Just because he looks like a thug doesn't mean he still is a thug.

When he got his first giant contract being the 12th pick in the draft. Now he has 18 million guaranteed to play with. There's definitely the possibility he has matured, with that line and Flynn keeping defenses honest, he could have a great year. It's just a little sketchy that he suddenly matured and played his ass off with a contract on the line, and the Seahawks way overpaid for his services.

When he got his first giant contract being the 12th pick in the draft. Now he has 18 million guaranteed to play with. There's definitely the possibility he has matured, with that line and Flynn keeping defenses honest, he could have a great year. It's just a little sketchy that he suddenly matured and played his ass off with a contract on the line, and the Seahawks way overpaid for his services.

He matured three years ago. He danced a little bit in 2010, but anybody who watched all of Seattle's games can tell you how many tackles he had to break just to get to the line of scrimmage.

As far as overpaying for his services...I dont think they did. They'll be running him into the ground the next couple years.

He matured three years ago. He danced a little bit in 2010, but anybody who watched all of Seattle's games can tell you how many tackles he had to break just to get to the line of scrimmage.

As far as overpaying for his services...I dont think they did. They'll be running him into the ground the next couple years.

:cheers:

:cheers:

They have an escape clause in the contract. I was wrong on him having matured, at least off the field.

Hopefully he learns from this and continues to run angry and motivated.

I am a homer and am worried myself. I just remember how fast Alexander came apart after being paid. Lynch seems like a much tougher dude though, but not as elusive and we don't have Walter Jones/Hutchinson dominating the line of scrimmage either.

I am estimating 250 rushes, 40 passes and thats a lot of opportunity for him. If the Seattle O-line can continue to improve and Flynn provides any kind of passing threat he should be a reliable RB for you.

Still I am nervous about him and would prefer to draft him late in the third round. First round seems like a bit of overhype myself, but a decent gamble based on touches. I think he is the new Steven Jackson, end of the year the numbers look great but his week to week totals are #2RB values at best with a couple great weeks due to multiple short TD runs.

I was actually suprised he caught 28 passes last year I dont remember them throwing to him much which Seattle really should, get him outside and let him cut upfield faster instead of banging through the line of scrimmage. He only had 3 games with more than two receptions though (3, 4 and 5 to be exact). He is a good pass catching back and if they would use him like this more it would help the team and make him a first rounder in my eyes. We really need to see what they are doing in the preseason, do they shift to more short passes and dump offs or are they still going with pound the ball and throw deep off play action like they did last year.

His recent DUI and upcoming suspension should drive down his value. I feel for those who took him in the 2nd round in early drafts.

Lynch is a beast but I rather have the following in no particular order: McCoy, Foster, Rice, DMC, Matthews, CJ, AP, and Forte. I guess I have him grouped with Charles, Murry, and Richardson. If he wasn't such a bonehead, he'd be a top 10 rb, but you never know what you get with Lynch, kind of like a box of chocolates.

His recent DUI and upcoming suspension should drive down his value. I feel for those who took him in the 2nd round in early drafts.

i didn't hear about a dui ...??? is he gonna get suspended..???

i didn't hear about a dui ...??? is he gonna get suspended..???

Oh ya - arresting officers said he nearly hit two or three other cars. Looks like his legal team is going to string out the process to try and keep him from having to plead at all this year though; which might just keep Marshawn out of Goodell's suspension list...

Seems unlikely that Lynch will be suspended this season for a few reasons.

A DUI is considered a violation of the league's substance abuse policy rather than a violation of the conduct policy. Goodell has been quick to act on violations of the conduct policy, even prior to a conviction. However, the substance abuse policy is treated a little differently. It would be unprecedented for Goodell to suspend Lynch prior to the case playing out in court since is falls under the substance abuse policy.

Goodell is likely going to wait to see what happens in the legal arena before taking action. With this in mind, Lynch's lawyers are dragging their feet trying to push the case past the 2012 season.

If Goodell was going to break precedent and suspend Lynch prior to a criminal conviction for this violation of the substance abuse policy there would be no reason to wait around. He would have taken action already. The fact that no action has been taken by the league in over a month, is a good sign that Goodell is trailing his decision behind the court's.

The more I think about it the more I think he might be the safest play after the top 7 are gone. Thinking he might be worthy of my 12/13 pick. Would be nice to pair him with a McFadden type, then you're looking at one solid guy and one risky, high upside guy.

The more I think about it the more I think he might be the safest play after the top 7 are gone. Thinking he might be worthy of my 12/13 pick. Would be nice to pair him with a McFadden type, then you're looking at one solid guy and one risky, high upside guy.

In my draft we get 1 keeper, then we start our snake draft. I kept Ray Rice and was sure there would be no decent RB left for the 1st (actually 2nd) round. Lynch fell to me and I took him with the 10th pick out of 12. My RBs are locked up and I feel very comfortable with them. That was not my plan going in but I gladly took him.

my thoughts exactly...!!! i got 11th pick...,& i think i'm gonna pick all rb's & a good QB...,there's always a couple no name wide receivers that come out of nowhere ..,trade off a couple rb's to a team that's desperate & boo-yaa playoff team is now created

Was Lynch injured in 2009? He only had 120 carries that year.

That was the Fred Jackson year. Lynch was suspended for the first 3 games of the season because they found a gun in his car, and then lost his job when Fred Jackson hit him with some Wally Pip action over those first 3 games.

That was the Fred Jackson year. Lynch was suspended for the first 3 games of the season because they found a gun in his car, and then lost his job when Fred Jackson hit him with some Wally Pip action over those first 3 games.

Gotcha, thanks.