Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

The Vikings

This is a team that I find interesting in the world of fantasy football.

They added a above average QB. Not a stud, but he put up some pretty good numbers the past few years. There was a stretch last year that Case Keenum (go Cougs) was putting up solid numbers and I view Cousins as a up grade.

Cook looked like was on his way to becoming a stud or at least a very good RB from what I remember. How he bounces back from injury is still to be seen? I don't see him being as involved as much as he was last season to start the season, but still getting the majority of the work. I don't really view Murray as a threat as much as a back up. I curious how they handle third downs?

They got two really good Wr. Does either of them step up and become elite or do we see more of the same? Outside of Thielen and Diggs is there anyone else to keep a eye on? Treadwell maybe?

TE Rudolph I say blah, but in a good way. You pretty much know what you're getting with him.

Forbath or whoever the kicker may be its a still kicker. Its looks like a pretty good offense and he kicks indoors.

I have not really kept up with the defense and have no clue as to who they brought in and who has left that would make a impact. So if anyone wants to chime in feel free.

Overall I think its a interesting team with a lot of fantasy options.

Cousins should be an upgrade, but there's always risk when there's QB turnover.

Cook is the far more talented back, but Murray can also carry the load in need be. I wouldn't be shocked if they ease in Cook (though his injury should have been early enough that he'll be 100% by season's start). 3rd down work likely will be whoever can pass protect better.

WR, I think Diggs will be the one to own, but Thielen is good enough that I don't think either will be hitting elite numbers. Obviously they'll want to see improvement from Treadwell, but he's looking well into bust territory.

Rudolph is, like you said, you know what you're going to get (barring injury).

Kicker, they took one in the fifth round (Carlson), so look for a camp battle.

Biggest additions on defense were DT Sheldon Richardson (replacing Tom Johnson) and CB Mike Hughes (though he likely won't be more than a rotational player in this). Beyond Johnson, all the starters and most of the backups are still there.

There's enough weapons and depth that I'm not expecting anyone to enter top 5 territory (though Cousins might have a chance), but definitely guys worth looking at.

It was an offensive group that surprised last year and I think over achieved given the injury situation. I think the OC had a lot to do with that, and given that he landed a head coaching position it's safe to say I'm not alone. New OC and QB are pretty big changes, even if the QB may be an upgrade.

Not saying I think they'll be awful, just playing a little devil's advocate

It was an offensive group that surprised last year and I think over achieved given the injury situation. I think the OC had a lot to do with that, and given that he landed a head coaching position it's safe to say I'm not alone. New OC and QB are pretty big changes, even if the QB may be an upgrade.

Ditto.

ICEMAN

Great points, great post.

Would agree.

Just look at the Falcons after losing their OC.

It could make a big diffrence.

And I think L Murray did a good job last season.

I expect Cousins to put up numbers comparable to last year with the Skins. If you wait on a QB he should return good value but I suspect that he will be over drafted. As a Viking fan I thought that it was somewhat of a red flag that the Skins did not seem all that interested in keeping him. Who lets a "franchise" QB walk in their prime? They had the guy in their building for more than long enough to know what they had. I just don't get it. I hope that my suspicions prove unwarranted and I am dead wrong. Maybe the Skins are just inept.

Cook looked like a potential fantasy stud last year before the knee injury. He is supposed to be "ahead of schedule" in his rehab but that always sounds like coach speak to me so I take that with a grain of salt. If he is fully recovered he could be a steal in the 2nd round (especially in PPR) as he should be a true 3 down back with Mckinnon out of the picture. Murray should be nothing more than a change of pace back. He is a valuable handcuff to have considering that Cook is coming off of a major knee injury but Murray should be no threat to a healthy Cook's touches. We know who Murray is. He is a very capable back up and he will have a role but this should be Cook's show if he is healthy.

I am very intrigued by Thielen. Can he build on last years breakout or did we see his ceiling in 2017? Can he replicate last year's yards and receptions while adding to his TD total? Diggs is a potential breakout candidate with Cousins but he is also always an injury concern. I see this as a "now or never" year for Treadwell. He's a guy that will be available in my dynasty league and he may be worth a very late round pick there. But he is merely a dynasty lottery ticket at best. He has just been a huge disappointment.

Don't sleep on Rudolph. I think that he could be the biggest beneficiary of the Cousins addition. Cousins likes to throw to the TE. Rudolph has huge upside with Cousins under center. If you are like me and you prefer to wait on taking a TE then he is a name that you should be targeting.

I agree.

the OC had a very good system, and Keenum did a good job of playing within the system.

Cousins had the same benefit for most of the time he was in Washington. Coach Mcvay left last year, and numbers declined.

on the plus side, Cousins has lots of talent to work with in that offense, and the Defense will be strong, so I can see them making the playoffs again, but I dont think Cousins will do enough to warrant the obscene sum of guaranteed cash that was thrown his direction.

I'm thinking they will do no better than what they did this last season. its a neutral move.

I dont see a superbowl in this team unless the defense (which is already very good) takes another step forward.

Im in a dynasty start up this year and am letting others spend big dollars on the top stud WRs and aiming squarely at acquiring Diggs as my WR1. Hes a third year, young talented WR on an ascending offense. Hes the one to own outta him and Thielen. Thielen is no longer a value and I think, not sure, that he is actually going before Diggs at the current adp

Let's not forget that the new OC is from the champion Eagles, under whom Wentz had a very fine year. What I don't know is whether he'll bring with him PHI's frustrating refusal to let any of their RBs attain bell cow usage levels.(I always thought that was more of a HC Doug Pederson hangup, though) ...so a slight caution in the direction of Cook.

What I'd like to know from a homer is who Cousins is showing more chemistry with this Spring between Diggs and Thielen and who he's gushing about more in post-practice comments.

Let's not forget that the new OC is from the champion Eagles, under whom Wentz had a very fine year. What I don't know is whether he'll bring with him PHI's frustrating refusal to let any of their RBs attain bell cow usage levels.(I always thought that was more of a HC Doug Pederson hangup, though) ...so a slight caution in the direction of Cook.

What I'd like to know from a homer is who Cousins is showing more chemistry with this Spring between Diggs and Thielen and who he's gushing about more in post-practice comments.

I wasnt aware of that. (not paying as much attention in the offseason)

so it is possible he does have a good season if he picks up the new system quickly. I guess only time will tell.

but Pederson knows how to run an offense, so that's good news.

What I don't know is whether he'll bring with him PHI's frustrating refusal to let any of their RBs attain bell cow usage levels.(I always thought that was more of a HC Doug Pederson hangup, though) ...so a slight caution in the direction of Cook.

I don't know about that. You kind of almost have to believe that if Philly had Cook last year that he would have been the guy. Don't you? Now with him coming off the bad injury in Minny, I guess you never know.

I don't know about that. You kind of almost have to believe that if Philly had Cook last year that he would have been the guy. Don't you? Now with him coming off the bad injury in Minny, I guess you never know.

No, I don't think that Cook's ratio of touches would have been any higher than what Ajayi's turned out to be. But I do think that if Zimmer wants Cook to be emphasized, that he will make his wishes known.

No, I don't think that Cook's ratio of touches would have been any higher than what Ajayi's turned out to be. But I do think that if Zimmer wants Cook to be emphasized, that he will make his wishes known.

Ajayi isn't half the player that Cook showed he personally can be. It's hard for me to believe that Cook wouldn't have had a higher % of touches overall than Ajayi. But that neither side can be proven. If Cook is healthy going into this season, he will get plenty of work. That, we will see.