Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

Derrick Henry vs. Jay Ajayi

I have the opportunity to keep one of these guys in my standard 10 team, non-PPR league. I have the 10th pick. Based on 2017 performance Henry would cost me a 5th round pick and the Jay Train would be a 6th rounder. But by having the 10th pick in the snake draft these are back-to-back selections, numbers 50 and 51. I notice a few people talking about reaching for both of these guys. What are your thoughts? Who should I keep, why or tell me why I should dump both and start fresh at RB. My other options are Jordan Howard and Mark Ingram, both of which would cost me my #2 pick but at 11 overall I can do better that high in the draft.

No question Henry is the guy to own. Ajayi will get TDs sprinkled in, but the headache committee approach is a real thing in Philly. You at least know Henry will get all the goal line work, and he will get a good amount of 1st and 2nd down work on what should be a better offense this year.

Eagles are missing 190 carries from last year. Ajayi's touches went up in the latter part of last year. Henry is nothing much. Give me Ajayi.

Henry easly.

Henry. Hoping to get him as a flex this year.

Yep, rnd 5 is my goal but my pick will be late so Im not holding my breath.

Yep, rnd 5 is my goal but my pick will be late so Im not holding my breath.

Henry seems to be going a lot earlier than that. I would not hold my breath on many quality rb2 candidates making it to the end of a 12 teamer in the 5th.

Ugh tougher than I thought. I am a fan of Henry's and think its a make or break year for him. Also Philadelphia lost their offensive coordinator that designed and called a lot of very good run plays. Between that and the superbowl hangover I can see Ajayi having a down year.

Ajayi's floor is better and Henry's ceiling is better but I am a bit blinded at the moment with my desire to see Henry do well.

Shoot I talked myself into Ajayi and I feel dirty about it.

Ugh tougher than I thought. I am a fan of Henry's and think its a make or break year for him. Also Philadelphia lost their offensive coordinator that designed and called a lot of very good run plays. Between that and the superbowl hangover I can see Ajayi having a down year.

Ajayi's floor is better and Henry's ceiling is better but I am a bit blinded at the moment with my desire to see Henry do well.

Super Bowl hangover affects the team that lost the super bowl I thought. Eh either way, I thinks Ajayi can go as far as they let him. If he gets volume he will be a steal potentially. Big if though.

Ask yourself this, do you want a guy who has a 15 TD upside and has competition with only one other back whos on a team thats destined to have positive TD regression or a guy whos gonna be in a 3 way timeshare with two other RBs and whos coach will not give more than 150 touches to each of those RBs bc he rotates them in and out of games? That should easily point you in the right direction.

I really want Henry on my team this year but I'd have to basically draft him at 15.

What's crazy is DeMarco Murray was a second-rounder last year and Henry in my opinion is a better running back but he's going in the third.

debating on whether he's worth the reach over guys like Howard, McCaffrey, Etc

Non ppr I would go with Howard over Henry.

Ppr Mccaferry over Henry.

Not against Henry he’s a target of mine also.

Just the way I like them.