Sign in to follow this  
RaiderHaters Revenge

Twitter- Freedom of speech, unless you are Conservative

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-may-not-block-twitter-users-over-political-170618586--finance.html

So the liberals are all so happy that a liberal judge found that Trump is not allowed to block people on his personal twitter account, and are calling this a victory for free speech. If this is upheld, Youtube, Twitter and Facebook and liberals in general are in for a world of hurt and surprise. I have always defended companies like mentioned to have a right as a private company to place and enact their own policies as is the right of every business owner. Youtube has de-monetized essentially every conservative video, Twitter continually bans conservative speakers like Owen Benjamin, who was banned for saying that giving a 3 yr old hormone blockers was child abuse and was banned from twitter.

Yet this victory that the left seems to have gotten now puts these companies into the non-private sector, which is wrong, and this will backfire on the left big time

It will be overturned. The judge was an idiot. If it isnt overturned then those companies will have a rude awakening when they have their asses handed to them in lawsuit after lawsuit

I wasn't even aware this was a thing, 1st I've heard of it.

Seems stupid, total waste of energy for both sides.

I wasn't even aware this was a thing, 1st I've heard of it.

Seems stupid, total waste of energy for both sides.

I saw it earlier today and thought these mfers are serious right now?

He is the President...head of the United States and blocking peoples opinions. This has zero to do with those apps/businesses having rules in what content can be posted.

Unlike the previous thread where I posted about that NFL players don't have a free speech issue...this one might have merit, because he is the POTUS and he's blocking speech. So...might be an interesting legal case.

He is the President...head of the United States and blocking peoples opinions. This has zero to do with those apps/businesses having rules in what content can be posted.

Surprising you took this side vs the Presidents.

Unlike the previous thread where I posted about that NFL players don't have a free speech issue...this one might have merit, because he is the POTUS and he's blocking speech. So...might be an interesting legal case.

I'll see you at gymnastics class later?

It's his personal account, on fvcking Twitter. Who cares what he does with his personal account? I mean, I'm embarrassed that he is our president and tweeting like a 13 year old, but if it's his personal account, the courts shouldn't dictate what he does with it.

It's his personal account, on fvcking Twitter. Who cares what he does with his personal account? I mean, I'm embarrassed that he is our president and tweeting like a 13 year old, but if it's his personal account, the courts shouldn't dictate what he does with it.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account

@realDonaldTrump

45th President of the United States of America

Seems like it's the Presidential twitter account now and if so, that presents different issues.

On a related note, what a wonderful use of the Justice Departments time, fighting a lawsuit because POTUS doesn't like it when people say mean things to him on his twitter feed.

Seems like it's the Presidential twitter account now and if so, that presents different issues.

To me it doesnt. He posted his title on there, but it's still his personal account.

Its the words and actions of the President...there is no personal anything for him...when he speaks (and Twitter is speech) its official statement of the President of the United States.

Also its funny that he continues to show he is the biggest snowflake of them all.

To me it doesnt. He posted his title on there, but it's still his personal account.

HIS Dept of Justice put this out last year.

The Department of Justice is treating President Trump’s frequent Twitter posts as official statements, attorneys for the government wrote in a new federal court filing.

Justice Department lawyers qualified the president’s tweets in an eight-page submission entered in D.C. federal court Monday after U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta asked the government earlier this month for clarification concerning Mr. Trump’s Twitter musings.

“The Court has asked, broadly, about the official status of the President’s tweets … asking the parties to ‘provide insight on … the President’s tweets and what they are, how official they are, are they statements of the White House and the President,’ ” Justice Department attorneys wrote Monday citing a Nov. 2 status conference hearing.

“In answer to the Court’s question, the government is treating the President’s statements to which plaintiffs point — whether by tweet, speech or interview — as official statements of the President of the United States,” the Justice Department responded.

Can't have it both ways, they're official...until someone is mean and then they are personal and he's a private citizen again.

I guess because I think its bull we consider one random tweet from a random person news, that its focking Twitter, so I dont care.

You guys are thinking about it backwards. You are acting as though Trump is blocking people so he doesn't have to see what they write, but when he blocks someone, they can no longer see HIS posts......

The ruling is essentially that the President isn't allowed to pick and choose which citizens have access to viewing is official statements.

if Twitter falls under freedom of speech laws for any reason whatsoever, then it falls under freedom of speech laws for every reason

What?

You guys are thinking about it backwards. You are acting as though Trump is blocking people so he doesn't have to see what they write, but when he blocks someone, they can no longer see HIS posts......

The ruling is essentially that the President isn't allowed to pick and choose which citizens have access to viewing is official statements.

Who focking cares? They can still see the Tweets by simply logging out and going to his Twitter page. Do you really care about this that much? Really?

Twitter, Google, FB, Reddit are all known for suppressing conservatives views and pages. Where was your outrage about that?

On a related note, what a wonderful use of the Justice Departments time, fighting a lawsuit because POTUS doesn't like it when people say mean things to him on his twitter feed.

Bless your heart.

The reason most accounts are blocked is that there are literally hundreds of bots that have posts pre-written and programmed to reply the second @realDonaldTrump tweets anything. And then an army of bots like/reply/retweet to boost the bot reply to the top.

Most of the real accounts that claim to be blocked by @realDonaldTrump are right there responding to him in every focking thread. They just put #bannedbyTrump in their profile as a badge of virtue.

Just like every other attempt to #resist, this will not end well for the bots or for twitter.

Anyone who wants can read Trump's tweets, whether they are blocked or not.

All they have to do is go to www.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump (try it out)

You are confusing blocking with making tweets private.

Who focking cares? They can still see the Tweets by simply logging out and going to his Twitter page. Do you really care about this that much? Really?

Twitter, Google, FB, Reddit are all known for suppressing conservatives views and pages. Where was your outrage about that?

Outrage? I could care less how this one goes.

Hopefully The President of the United States determines he has bigger fish to fry than fighting for his right to block people on twitter.....but if he determines fighting for the right to block people is worth his team's time, I won't be surprised nor will I care too much.

So what, they aren't the government, you know the entity that is forbidden to suppress speech.

Bless your heart.

The reason most accounts are blocked is that there are literally hundreds of bots that have posts pre-written and programmed to reply the second @realDonaldTrump tweets anything. And then an army of bots like/reply/retweet to boost the bot reply to the top.

Most of the real accounts that claim to be blocked by @realDonaldTrump are right there responding to him in every focking thread. They just put #bannedbyTrump in their profile as a badge of virtue.

Just like every other attempt to #resist, this will not end well for the bots or for twitter.

And more that like his posts and respond positively in seconds that are bots...but he and you dont care about those.

Ruling states it's mainly the other way around...

CNN

In her ruling, Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald wrote that "no government official -- including the President -- is above the law, and all government officials are presumed to follow the law as has been declared."

"We hold that portions of the @realDonaldTrump account -- the 'interactive space' where Twitter users may directly engage with the content of the President's tweets -- are properly analyzed under the "'public forum' doctrines set forth by the Supreme Court, that such space is a designated public forum, and that the blocking of the plaintiffs based on their political speech constitutes viewpoint discrimination that violates the First Amendment," Buchwald wrote.

Slow nut finally got something right. He must have learned when I schooled him on the Comey memos being government property.

Can't even work up a decent response for this, sh!t is so out of whack and I no longer have the energy to care.

Absurd on every level.

Slow nut finally got something right. He must have learned when I schooled him on the Comey memos being government property.

You have never schooled anyone in anything.

Ruling states it's mainly the other way around...

CNN

from this "We hold that portions of the @realDonaldTrump account -- the 'interactive space' where Twitter users may directly engage with the content of the President's tweets -- are properly analyzed under the "'public forum' doctrines set forth by the Supreme Court, that such space is a designated public forum, and that the blocking of the plaintiffs based on their political speech constitutes viewpoint discrimination that violates the First Amendment," Buchwald wrot

nobody here should ever be banned, from this forum, facebook, youtube, twitter, anything ever. And thats not the case. They are changing a law, for a single occurrence and this wont hold up

and quite frankly if this holds, we should Jihad Football Guys and get a class action suit once we are banned

Basically it boils down to this: whiny liberals acted like idiots, Trump blocks said whiny liberals, whiny liberals get so upset they cant ge their fix bashing Trump on Twitter, whiny liberals take legal action (Im telling on you)

These people are idiots and hate when they dont get their way. They have no concept of being told No

• Like 1

Basically it boils down to this: whiny liberals acted like idiots, Trump blocks said whiny liberals, whiny liberals get so upset they cant ge their fix bashing Trump on Twitter, whiny liberals take legal action (Im telling on you)

These people are idiots and hate when they dont get their way. They have no concept of being told No

They are hysterical that Trump won. They can’t handle it and they let it bother them daily. It’s sad and pathetic.

So basically Don is like one of those Geek Club posters who blocks lots of people instead of ignoring them.

So basically Don is like one of those Geek Club posters who blocks lots of people instead of ignoring them.

Like you? As if you haven't put anyone on ignore. Such a liar.

like the guy you edited out of your list in the russia thread?

You are a messed up dude.

Kind of an interesting legal case. I mean it isn't worth much time or energy but still fairly interesting to see if this gets appealed and how that goes.

There is still so much to discuss when it comes to social media.

Things are going to get bad enough between the left and right....that swhtf someday. The arguing, the oppression, the censoring...the two sides will bring this to a head at some point. Gonna be a mess.