Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

Tom Petty rushed to hospital from full cardiac arrest!

I read that his nurse was frantically trying to resuscitate him at the very end.

Finally the doctor had to step in and say "give it up..."

"STOP" :(

did not know Johnny Depp was in a TP video

his name is Eddie :wub:
I didn't realize he rocked out with the New Basement Tapes until a few months ago :headbanger:

did not know Johnny Depp was in a TP video

his name is Eddie :wub:

Depp is a huge TP fan,in fact he's one of the many interviewed in the amazing documentary Runnin' Down A Dream

Update?

Those here can still get a Petty fix when they feel the need.... A local tribute band (PETTY THEFT) routinely plays in the area.. It's headed by a huge local sport radio personality.

http://pettytheftdallas.com/

I never got around to watching the Petty documentary on Netflix because it is something like 4 hours long.

I might have to find some time to watch this now.

• Like 1

I never got around to watching the Petty documentary on Netflix because it is something like 4 hours long.

It's a REALLY good documentary.

It's very good imo. I watched in 3 or 4 sittings though def loooonggg

Watched almost 2 hours of it again last night(4th viewing) it is :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here's the official trailer if interested

About 10 days ago I heard "ways to be wicked" on little Stevens channel. Put it on my list of songs to download. Had never heard it before. Good stuff.

About 10 days ago I heard "ways to be wicked" on little Stevens channel. Put it on my list of songs to download. Had never heard it before. Good stuff.

He gave that song to a band called lone justice and it was their only hit. Check out their version as well.

He gave that song to a band called lone justice and it was their only hit. Check out their version as well.

I remember them. I will.

Stumbled on this cover of a Beck song a few months ago... Thought I was hearing things

This is going to bug me. Years ago, I heard a Tom Petty song that I had never heard before that I really liked. Haven't thought about it in a long time and can't at all remember it now.

Watched almost 2 hours of it again last night(4th viewing) it is :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Here's the official trailer if interested

Damn......I want to see that soon. :thumbsup:

* Hey.....I watched a video of Tom from his last concert last week at the Hollywood Bowl and noticed he had a bum leg, anybody know anything about that?

* Hey.....I watched a video of Tom from his last concert last week at the Hollywood Bowl and noticed he had a bum leg, anybody know anything about that?

I watched a few videos of his from 2017 and he seemed extremely slow and rather creepy sounding when he talked to the audience.

Acted more like a 85+ year old man. For 66, he was in terrible condition. Drugs I guess.

• Like 1

Was it this one?

No. I really don't feel like I am going to think of it either. :mad:

And another one bites the dust... :(

Ive seen that video five times. Then Prince died and I watched it five more. Now Petty, watched it for the fifth time this week.

Youd think it would get old but it doesnt. Still my guitar gently weeps.

Damn......I want to see that soon. :thumbsup:

Last time I checked Netflix had it,personally I own the DVD/CD set it's 4 discs....2 documentary 1 Gatorville concert 1 music cd...great for any music collection.

Tom Petty's Last Song :( ( "American Girl" The last song from Tom Petty’s last concert. The Hollywood Bowl, Sept. 25, 2017 )

"Take it easy baby.....make it last all night"

Tom Petty's Last Song :( ( "American Girl" The last song from Tom Petty’s last concert. The Hollywood Bowl, Sept. 25, 2017 )

"Take it easy baby.....make it last all night"

Make it last all night!

• Like 1

I watched a few videos of his from 2017 and he seemed extremely slow and rather creepy sounding when he talked to the audience.

Acted more like a 85+ year old man. For 66, he was in terrible condition. Drugs I guess.

I read somewhere that he had a bad hip.

I read somewhere that he had a bad hip.

As I recall, he was in a pretty bad motorcycle wreck back in the 80s. I remember his return to the stage at one of those benefit concerts (farm aid or live aid?) was a fairly big deal.

think he'll make it?

Read this article yesterday and almost posted it in this very thread... I'm a big Petty fan but also a big j Giles band fan so thought this was a cool read....

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/peter-wolf-on-origin-of-tom-pettys-dont-do-me-like-that-w508750

Nice. Thanks. :thumbsup: