Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Movies coming out in other countries before the US despite being made here

So this actually kinda bothers me. People will make movies here in the US but then release them in other countries like a week or two before they release them here in the US. Why do the my do this? I don't know. It also seems rather unfair to the American public that they choose to let another country see the film that American audiences are dying to see. Example is Guardians of the Galaxy 2. It's already guaranteed to be a major success here in America. Yet they have already released it in another country and it's already been bootlegged up onto the internet as a result. Could easily watch it now off my fire stick but I already have tickets to see it Friday with my wife

I too shall see this in theater. My son's are 11 and 13, I figure you're about the same age.

Its a time change thing. Europe is like 5 days ahead of us.

• Like 1

I too shall see this in theater. My son's are 11 and 13, I figure you're about the same age.

So that makes you what? 80? Focking idiot :rolleyes:

The foreigners rented out a theatre to show this in English.

I never saw the first one. Downloaded it. Guess I'll give it a watch.

Thing is it's not just this movie but other movies as well. I just used it as an example. Problem I have is that they release these new movies into other countries before America even though they are made here in America and will draw a majority of their money from American audiences.

It's totally Fockin outrageous!!! How dare somebody else get to watch the space raccoon movie before Americans?

Thing is it's not just this movie but other movies as well. I just used it as an example. Problem I have is that they release these new movies into other countries before America even though they are made here in America and will draw a majority of their money from American audiences.

Perhaps they are trying to accommodate other countries holidays? Open on holiday weekends like they often do in America?

I know here in Asia things come out either considerably later than America, or not at all usually.

Perhaps they are trying to accommodate other countries holidays? Open on holiday weekends like they often do in America?

I know here in Asia things come out either considerably later than America, or not at all usually.

I'm not sure entirely but I do know Ive seen in the past that some countries will get a movie made in America before America itself gets it. As to what countries I'm not sure. I just know I'll be searching for a movie on my fire stick and find one that isn't out in America yet but it's out in another country that doesn't speak English because it will have subtitles in another language. It was like that when I watched Logan on the fire stick as well as Inferno. Not sure why American film companies release them overseas first but you would think they would let their American audiences see the movies first before releasing them outside the US

It's the producer's film, and their prerogative to market it as they sees fit. I presume they're trying to maximize profits and aer trying anew approach. If they can make better bucks doing things this way, it'll become common. If it doesn't work out, they can switch back.

One guess is the release schedule of other movies overseas.

They want to release against a weak slate of other movies maybe? dunno.

I watch some British stuff and it's amazing how screwy the movie releases are.

Speaking of which; Saw the trailer for WW.

Actually looks pretty good.

Also seeing a lot where the media is finally bucking their corporate overlords and

saying what we all think: That 3D is focking stupid and damn sure not worth the upcharge.

One guess is the release schedule of other movies overseas.

They want to release against a weak slate of other movies maybe? dunno.

I watch some British stuff and it's amazing how screwy the movie releases are.

Speaking of which; Saw the trailer for WW.

Actually looks pretty good.

Also seeing a lot where the media is finally bucking their corporate overlords and

saying what we all think: That 3D is focking stupid and damn sure not worth the upcharge.

Yeah. I wish they'd stop with the 3D.

Especially glasses wearers like myself find it annoying. Like "great, I get to wear two pairs at once."

The other night they gave me some dewayne wayne clip on ones. That was some better.

Nice

Yeah. I wish they'd stop with the 3D.

Especially glasses wearers like myself find it annoying. Like "great, I get to wear two pairs at once."

The other night they gave me some dewayne wayne clip on ones. That was some better.

I think I've seen 3D once and that was when it first came out. After that I have had no desire to see it. My tv is a 3D tv but I'm my gonna watch stuff in it.

So this actually kinda bothers me. People will make movies here in the US but then release them in other countries like a week or two before they release them here in the US. Why do the my do this? I don't know. It also seems rather unfair to the American public that they choose to let another country see the film that American audiences are dying to see. Example is Guardians of the Galaxy 2. It's already guaranteed to be a major success here in America. Yet they have already released it in another country and it's already been bootlegged up onto the internet as a result. Could easily watch it now off my fire stick but I already have tickets to see it Friday with my wife

this is hilarious and sad