Sign in to follow this  
Torn

Two possible changes for 2019?

I have received a couple of requests for 2019 changes and wanted to get them out there for consideration....

1.  Change keeper count from 4 to 5 ... Since the first 60 players drafted can't be kept anyway, it rewards good drafting/roster management - as always, this is a max #, so fewer than 5 can be held as well.

VOTES -   7 for YES,  1 for NO   With 7 YES votes, this change is voted in and will take place beginning next season! For this season, 4 keeper max remains in place.

Note: if this passes, it will begin in 2020, not this season. Want to retain Talent Scout and agree that he was unaware of this item since he jumped in mid-season.

2.  Add a "NA" slot to the rosters so a favorite prospect can be held on to without sucking up a bench spot.

VOTES -  3 for YES, 6 for NO   This item is voted down. Seven votes are needed to enact a rule change. 

I have received a couple of requests for 2019 changes and wanted to get them out their for consideration....

1. Change keeper count from 4 to 5 ... Since the first 60 plyers drafted can't be kept anyway, it rewards good drafting/roster management - as always, this is a max #, so fewer than 5 can be held as well.

2. Add a "NA" slot to the rosters so a favorite prospect can be held on to without sucking up a bench spot.

I know I am not in the league any more, but if I was I would be seriously against the second rule...

If you want to build for the future, you should be required to keep them on an active roster instead of be able to put them in the "NA" category and pickup players to still help you out...

Keeper count increase to 5 - YES

N/A slot - NO. I could be talked into agreeing to the added N/A slot, but ONLY if it applies to players put on suspension for some sort of reason, ...such as PEDs, ...or bad/criminal social behavior. That year where I took Starling Marte in the 2nd round, ...and he got popped for a ton of games, ...it was brutal. Wish I could've stashed him somewhere. For potential star players, ...rookies to be? Nah, ...owners should have to burn a roster position for that.

No on the N/A

Probably rather keep keepers at 4

For Morgan (Talent Scout) - 

Votes NO to move to 5 keepers in 2019, YES if 2020 - strong opinion that he built his trades and roster with a 4 keeper limit in mind. He's fine with it for 2020, but doesn't want to change for 2019. He would be out if this changed.

Votes YES for NA slot - he noted that he's never been in a keeper league that didn't have one (or an equivalent method to hide a prospect/suspended player).

I typically restrain from casting my vote, but to move things along, I'm going to cast a NO vote for the N/A slot. We already have 5 DL slots and deep benches, so only dire circumstances would ever really apply for needing this slot. 

Plus, with 5 no votes already, the best we'd see is a 6-5 YES vote and I'd have to cast the tiebreaker anyway.