WhiteWonder

2019 check in

Super early but still.... is everyone returning?

Would anyone or everyone be interested in putting small stakes on the league this year? 20 dollars each, pay out 1st (200) 2nd (100) and 3rd (20) ?

Just an idea. Not a lot of investment for a full baseball season and we have had smaller markets contending lately...

I'm in. But if Trump never pays me my money, I wont be able to do the $20.

In. B)

My $20 would be nothing more than a donation for the foreseeable future (I uhh, I have the O's), but if that's what the league decides, I'm okay with it.

• Haha 1

queahz

Yeah I'm in.  Exclusives dwindling with the current Jays management but maybe they'll sign someone and/or not just wait until mid-season to bring up some of this youth.  I'd love to give the top three a portion of $20.

• Haha 1

my idea was   14x20? 

1st 160?

2nd 80?

3rd 40?

• Like 1

I'm in for now, but after further consternation, replace me if we go pay.  

I'm fine with whatever we do. Would prefer to keep Burt though.

Do we have everyone coming back?

Yeah I mean I'd rather keep everyone than make it pay.. I didn't think 20 dollars over an MLB season was a big price...

Its not the cost....$20 isnt going to break me.  I'd just rather not put money into a league that will likely have 2-3 dead teams (therefore giving advantage to a few teams over others) by August.  I'm not suggesting you guys refrain from making it a pay league.  If a majority want to go that route, by all means, that's the way it should go.  I'd just personally rather not do it because I'm already in a couple of high dollar leagues.  I've always viewed this one as a reprieve from the day to day "stress" of those. 

I'm not trying to talk you guys out of it.  Just telling you where I'm coming from on it.

I would rather go optional on the cash prize.  Too many lopsided teams either on the really good or really bad side.  I'll never have enough quality SP to ever really compete here.  But if some owners wanted to voluntarily play for a ball hat of the MLB team represented to the winner or something I'd be up for something like that.

we also need to get a little serious about this if we are going to do it.

lets just keep things as is... my brother will return he is just mulling over if he wants to own the Cubs again this season (not his favorite team but he took them over in a pinch in 2017?)

as much as $20 isn't a big amout for the course of a season (its the same as playing for a ball-cap) $20 also doesnt really move the needle, so why bother?

keep things status quo

As long as WhiteWonder's brother is in as the CHC's or someone else, it looks like everyone has confirmed they are in except for Shotsup at this point. Anyone have a contact for him? Let's get this ball rolling!

Anyone having trouble getting email notifications from here?  I've subscribed to the dice thread, and to this particular forum and should get notified via email anytime someone posts here.  Not getting anything, though.

I hadn't subscribed yet to the threads so I'm not sure.  I think I undid the full forum notifications a few years ago.

My brother will handle the cubbies again unless we need a mets replacement 

If we have any changes post 'em.

Burt Atlanta Braves - rolled
Mookz Baltimore Orioles -rolled
bbascom Boston Red Sox - rolled
Just A Baby Bear Chicago Cubs - still to roll
ZeroTolerance Cleveland Indians - rolled
29 Guests Houston Astros - rolled
cmh6476 Kansas City Royals - rolled
BlackClouds Los Angeles Angels - rolled
gratefulted Los Angeles Dodgers - rolled
??? shotsup ??? New York Mets - still to roll
lambert58 St Louis Cardinals - rolled
WhiteWonder Tampa Bay Rays - rolled
Jim Mora Texas Rangers - rolled
GuardBum Toronto Blue Jays - rolled

So still 7 more teams to roll just to set the draft order, including shotsup and we never heard from him. Is someone else sitting out if he doesn't show up or are we going to try to replace him quickly. I feel like we need to get moving on this pretty soon now. Thoughts?

3 hours ago, bbascom said:

So still 7 more teams to roll just to set the draft order, including shotsup and we never heard from him. Is someone else sitting out if he doesn't show up or are we going to try to replace him quickly. I feel like we need to get moving on this pretty soon now. Thoughts?

we always feel this way but last year we finished in record setting pace didnt we? and had a pretty long gap before the supplemental? or am i mistaken

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

we always feel this way but last year we finished in record setting pace didnt we? and had a pretty long gap before the supplemental? or am i mistaken

Yeah, I think you are right but we at least had everyone committed by this point I'm pretty sure. Anyone have contact with shotsup at all? Just looked back to lay year's threads. We started the draft on March 5. 

ive had no response from shotsup.

and we are now approaching the time where we need to get moving. 

should i post at the geek club seeing if anyone is interested in joining?

If you really are needing one to replace shots to fill the league, I guess I could do it...  I would take the Nationals...

But if you find someone else is interested, please take them...  Just make me joining a decision if you have absolutely no other way to go...

league has been renewed, rolling now

So WW, does your brother want to take the Mets since it appears shotsup is out?

And if Posty (Nationals) or someone else is coming in... we need those rolls so we can set a draft order and teams.  We can start this Sunday night/Monday morning. 

Sort of tied in to all this last-minute shuffling, could we also kick the Dodgers out of the league?  🤔

TIA

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Sort of tied in to all this last-minute shuffling, could we also kick the Dodgers out of the league?  🤔

TIA

I was pulling for you in the dice roll. 😪

14 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I was pulling for you in the dice roll. 😪

The bones were unkind.  :(