Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

My Acorns account saves the day.

So I started an Acorn account last summer. It's an app that rounds up your debit card usage to the nearest dollar and puts it in a little investment account for you. I had it x2's my round ups and for most of the year had them taking out an extra $50 a month.

Little did I know it would come in so handy this month because of the shutdown.

We just withdrew $1000 from it to our checking. It's going to pay this months utilities and groceries.

Thanks Acorns!

• Like 1

So I started an Acorn account last summer. It's an app that rounds up your debit card usage to the nearest dollar and puts it in a little investment account for you. I had it x2's my round ups and for most of the year had them taking out an extra $50 a month.

We just withdrew $1000 from it to our checking. It's going to pay this months utilities and groceries.

Thanks Acorns!

Now we know why Fido was really put down. Blame the Governement shutdown.

• Like 1

Thanks Acorns!

What percent of that $1000 do you attribute to the roundup, 2X, and the $50/month extra?

What percent of that $1000 do you attribute to the roundup, 2X, and the $50/month extra?

It says I've put in $850 total... I had $1168 when I took out the 1k..