Sign in to follow this  
Saint Elistan

Talk to me about Online Sports Betting...

I keep reading that Parley bets are for suckers. I'm a novice, but I've been lucky with them in the past...putting in about $25 in at the start of a season and ending up a hundred bucks or so by putting single dollar bets on 4-6 team Parleys. But I want more than that. I need some big boy advice.

What's the long term strategy here, though? Any of you make a decent earnings in a typical season? Are there any sports worth betting on other than the NFL?

Honestly? #1 Look at it as a hobby, never look at sports gambling as a revenue stream. Why? You're on the wrong side of the juice.

#2 Fock number one. You know sports better than those dumbass handicappers. Parlays and Teasers are the fun plays too. You can make a killing. Also I know guy, PM me.

Parlay are sucker bets for this reason...pay attention, its example time.

Parlay 3 games, bet 10$ get 6:1 odds. So you won 3 games and won 60$.

Now pretend you just bet on each game with the money from the previous win. Game 1 bet 10$, win 20. Game 2 bet that 20$, win 40. Game 3 bet that 40, win 80.

Parlay result- Bet and win 3 games, win 60.

Straight bet result- Bet and win 3 games, win 80.

Ya dig?

As for strategy or long term, there is none, it's just use your best knowledge and hope you win. Play for fun with expendable cash.

As for other sports, yes, you can bet any sport. Football is probably the worst to bet on, it has the most variables and is unpredictable. This is why it's so popular and bookies love it so much. When people win they feel like geniuses, when they lose it was just bad luck lol. Baseball is a good game to bet. Basketball you will rip your hair out from last minute free throw shenanigans.

Tanatastic nailed it. ATS parlays essentially means paying higher juice. Never parlay ATS, not even a 2-team parlay, let alone "4-6 teams". The math doesn't make sense.

Only parlay MONEY-LINES, which pay TRUE ODDS (rather than "fixed odds" like ATS parlays). College football is great for that. Ya like a 14 point favorite? Screw the points, just win the damn game! Much easier.

Long term strategy - disciplined cappers only bet between 2-5% of their account on any given bet. I currently have $200+- in my account. I wager $4-$8 per bet. If my account grows, then I'll increase my bets. Get the dollar signs out of your mind... the game is to SLOWLY grow your account. Nobody likes to hear that. They wanna bet $25+ per game and make thousands, while starting with virtually nothing. 99% of the time, it doesn't work.

Appreciate all the advice fellas. I'll update this thread as I start racking in all the monies...

Denver -3 this week. Play it heavy.