Sign in to follow this  
brotherbock

McGuire - Anyone know about this guy?

What does anyone in the know think about Elijah McGuire? Just noticed he's available in my keeper league. I have a bad waiver priority (10 out of 12), a need for a DEF for a bye week (have Buffalo, Jacksonville is available), and a passel of McGuire-like guys on my roster--Abdullah, Collins, Smallwood, Foreman, Gallman, and Rawls.

Rawls is going bye-bye, of course. But

1) is McGuire worth trying for over the dudes I've got? I know their value, I don't know much about McG.

2) is he worth trying for over Jacksonville's DEF for my bye week (and moving forward)?

Thoughts? I have paid little attention to the Jets this year.

I have him stashed in my dynasty league. He seems to have some talent and with Forte and Powell hurt this week we will see what he can do. Perfect waiver pickup to me anyway

Jags dst needs to be owned first. Forte is practicing a little bit again so who knows if the kid will truly get his day this week. And for after that, you just know Blow Pow will be back at some point unless he pulls an Eifert after a few weeks. McGuire maybe folks getting excited only to be sad later.

His value is directly tied to Forte and Powell but the matchup and opportunity are there. I'm forced to starting him this week and hope they both sit. Short term I'm hoping he get's the lion's share of touches for decent point production this week. Long term I'm hoping he can run away with the starting gig and become the Bilal Powell of last year. Either way, he's worth rostering as a stash and worth starting if you're desperate.

Jags dst needs to be owned first. Forte is practicing a little bit again so who knows if the kid will truly get his day this week. And for after that, you just know Blow Pow will be back at some point unless he pulls an Eifert after a few weeks. McGuire maybe folks getting excited only to be sad later.

That was my assessment too, thanks :) Got the Jags, missed on McG. Figured I'd get whichever one I put first. I'm happy with that.

Looks like forte will likely play. Is mcguire nothing but a weak flex now? Trying to decide between him and garçon vs the Norman-less skins.