Sign in to follow this  
cdogge

Gordon to Pats...

This could go any which way. He could never play a game for the Pats and get waived in a couple of weeks. Or he could become a monster with Brady throwing the ball.

I will say that it is the best possible landing spot for Gordon, without a doubt. If he washes out again, it wont be because the heavens didn't open up for him and bless him with an unbelievable opportunity.

Lets talk fantasy shop. Can he be started this week? Will he even be active.

There's no way I would feel comfortable starting him this week. They could activate him as gamesmanship while he never sees the field. There's part of me that thinks Bill will put him in bubble wrap to let him fully recover from the hamstring and learn the playbook in the meantime. At the very best, he's out there for a few plays and in the redzone package and you hope and pray one of his few targets goes for a TD a la Week 1.

BB and Patriots are the undisputed kings of the NFL when it comes to reviving former stud players. Great move!!!

BB and Patriots are the undisputed kings of the NFL when it comes to reviving former stud players. Great move!!!

Have you ever heard of the Patriots dumping players very quickly because they are a pain in the ass?

There's no way I would feel comfortable starting him this week. They could activate him as gamesmanship while he never sees the field. There's part of me that thinks Bill will put him in bubble wrap to let him fully recover from the hamstring and learn the playbook in the meantime. At the very best, he's out there for a few plays and in the redzone package and you hope and pray one of his few targets goes for a TD a la Week 1.

I don't think there was any real concern with his hamstring... Seemed more like a reason to deactivate him vs anything else.

That said... I wouldn't trust him this week either.... but that's due to the Patriots complicated offensive scheme. He's a special athlete but I'm going to give it a 30% chance it turns into something special. Just not real sure how smart the kid is.

Hes on waivers in our league.

Have an open spot..would have to burn my 3rd waiver spot. He worth it?

He's a special athlete but I'm going to give it a 30% chance it turns into something special. Just not real sure how smart the kid is.

That's fair. But Gordon on the Pats is a potential league-winner, versus whatever other roster filler you would have in your WR4 or WR5 slot. It's a dice roll that's worth it.

I mean, the echoes of a washed-up, useless, done-with-football Randy Moss going from the Raiders to Brady/Belichick land is unmistakable.

That's fair. But Gordon on the Pats is a potential league-winner, versus whatever other roster filler you would have in your WR4 or WR5 slot. It's a dice roll that's worth it.

I mean, the echoes of a washed-up, useless, done-with-football Randy Moss going from the Raiders to Brady/Belichick land is unmistakable.

Don't get me wrong... I certainly agree that it's worth it from the pats standpoint and a fantasy standpoint.

With that said... Randy Moss was not only a supreme talent but he also had a very high football IQ.

HAHA, and who told you he'd be with the Pats............................told ya so! Big Bill will get Gordon straightened out, Gordon has never had a QB like Brady.

HAHA, and who told you he'd be with the Pats............................told ya so! Big Bill will get Gordon straightened out, Gordon has never had a QB like Brady.

every pundit in the world said this is probably the only place he can go. Way to go out on the limb.

• Like 1

I don't think there was any real concern with his hamstring... Seemed more like a reason to deactivate him vs anything else.

That said... I wouldn't trust him this week either.... but that's due to the Patriots complicated offensive scheme. He's a special athlete but I'm going to give it a 30% chance it turns into something special. Just not real sure how smart the kid is.

To be specific, the hamstring was checked out and he is ok to play Week 3. The only issue is this is the second hamstring flareup already and he may not be completely in football shape yet having missed most of camp

The other issue with playing him this week is they play in the Sunday nighter so if you're considering playing him, you'd need an option from from the SNF or MNF game as insurance in case he's not active.

I'd say his ceiling is 2 good games. Then, he'll let it get to his head that he's invincible and go out and get loaded. It's a matter if when, not if.

Hes on waivers in our league.

Have an open spot..would have to burn my 3rd waiver spot. He worth it?

He's available in my league.....I have the #1 waiver spot and I thought about picking him up. It's a definite risk/reward pick-up and I haven't been able to talk myself into using the #1 waiver spot on him yet. My concern is using the #1 waiver priority on a player that was about to be cut by the Browns because of concerns about his off field issues...and hamstring issues possibly.

He's available in my league.....I have the #1 waiver spot and I thought about picking him up. It's a definite risk/reward pick-up and I haven't been able to talk myself into using the #1 waiver spot on him yet. My concern is using the #1 waiver priority on a player that was about to be cut by the Browns because of concerns about his off field issues...and hamstring issues possibly.

Not sure of the size of your league... but if he was available in my league I would have used the #1 for him. 12-person

Cowboys or 49ers should have taken the plunge tbh. Bills too.

Should have? Why should any team take on a head case receiver? The Bills already tried with Coleman. This isn't like he just has some minor character issues that may be straightened out. The Browns have more patient with Gordon than any other team probably would. The Bills aren't going to playoffs, so the addition wouldn't change that. The Niners are probably a potential playoff team. I am all for team chemistry and not adding players whose attitude could jeopardize the chemistry component. He has way too much baggage. Even if the Browns writer exaggerated/fabricated the part about Gordon seeming high, I think the part about him being late or not showing up is accurate. I am not putting up with that from an assh0le like him. The team bends over backwards and yet he can't make it there when he is supposed to? I don't want that problem at all on my team, nor should any team.

As much as I LOVE Gordon, he is NO Randy Moss! I had a huge man crush on Randy! For Gordon's sake, I hope he can pull things together.

As much as I LOVE Gordon, he is NO Randy Moss! I had a huge man crush on Randy! For Gordon's sake, I hope he can pull things together.

Raider 84...Randy, is that you? :)