Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Arizona should trade David Johnson over the off season

Dude is wasting away in that uniform. The Cardinals could get a decent pick or two for him. Then they just start over with their young QB. They sure could use an offensive line.

Dude is wasting away in that uniform. The Cardinals could get a decent pick or two for him. Then they just start over with their young QB. They sure could use an offensive line.

What kind of pick are we talking?

What kind of pick are we talking?

Maybe a late 1? Johnson is only in his 4th year, having played only 3 of them. Can you imagine that dude on KC or in Pitt? Maybe Philly? I don't know, just a thought. It would be a win-win for both teams if something could be done. Any team that has a top 10-15 oline but hurting at RB. Johnson is at least proven.

It's not a bad idea, but not good one either. The reason I say that is because, what are the odds that the player they get with 2Xth pick is better than Johnson? Sure, the Chiefs would be an ideal situation for both the player and the team, but for the Cardinals, how would the 26th (for example), pick help them more than Johnson? I don't really see how.

I think it’s a good move.

They don’t need to get another Johnson, but they do need help big time on the Oline.

And WRs and Te and coaching and and and.

Johnson has a lot of value.

Good post OP.

Hiring a competent coach would be a better move.

I have been very unimpressed with Wilks, Mccoy...whos gone, and even Leftwich who got DJ going on some extra receiving then went away from it. Is Josh Rosen incapable of accurate check downs? Heck I believe Baker threw 11 passes that were completions to Duke Johnson earlier in the year.

Eli Manning is Peppering Saquan left and right on check downs.

Needless to say it has been maddening to be a DJ owner this year. I know there O line is worst in league but geez its been maddening. DJ had 2-55 receiving mid way through the 1st quarter and only ended up with 1 more catch in the entire game. dumb

No chance they trade him. He's worth more to them than any team would be willing to give up. Trade him for a first round pick? So they can add to their list of needs and use that pick to draft a player they hope will be as good as him? He just signed an extension and is the only viable piece of the offense. Best case scenario for this team is that a QB in the draft shoots up teams draft boards giving the #1 pick a lot of value. They trade out of the #1 pick and load up with O-linemen and upcoming draft picks. A competent coach and a new o-line rebuilds this team a lot quicker than trading away DJ. Both of those things can be done in an off season.

Great idea to trade Johnson ... salary cap implications and AZ going nowhere fast. Seattle should be first in line, chiefs, Houston and bears could use him too, however, hed probably end up in Oakland.

Seattle? No way. Carrol loves Carson, and Penny is probably going to be a good back also.

The Patriots would have been perfect had they not drafted Michel. Though I think making Johnson almost exclusively a receiver, like White, would help that offense tremendously.

I dont like Pitt either because they have two good young running backs.

The Packers would be a nice spot to land. Rodgers could check down his way to the playoffs.

Maybe a late 1? Johnson is only in his 4th year, having played only 3 of them. Can you imagine that dude on KC or in Pitt? Maybe Philly? I don't know, just a thought. It would be a win-win for both teams if something could be done. Any team that has a top 10-15 oline but hurting at RB. Johnson is at least proven.

I would put his value higher than a late 1. If that's the case New England should get on it.