Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Raiders to Vegas

Crazy....sad deal. St louis, oakland, san diego....fock the fans i guess.

Shiny new stadium > Fans

Shiny new stadium > Fans

when hasn't any of the 4 major sports taken every chance to fock their fans?

check out the prices of going to a game. Commercials. It's all about $$$$$$$$

HaHaha and yeah, fock them too :banana:

Also, cheap plane tix to grab a game and don't have to feel like your life is in jeopardy :thumbsup:

Sad to think a whole generation of kids will grow up never having heard of the Oakland Raiders.

I don't live there, so I'm just repeating some of the anecdotal things I've heard from Cali fans and one of the things that seem to be the consensus is that the drive to Vegas itself is actually a lot less stressful (and maybe even quicker sometimes?) than the average commute to the stadium as it is now.

Like I said, I can't speak from experience, I've driven down to Oak maybe twice in my life - and it sucked, but given what I've heard about LA traffic in general, it wouldn't surprise me too much; Jump on a party bus - especially - , have a great time, pre-party on the strip and during the commute, go to the game, sleep home. - Sounds like a LOT more fun than white knuckling it from home to OAK and back.

I think it's gonna be huge. 'Visiting' teams? Will probably have the most ticket requests than any other franchise (has to be abysmally low now). I can't imagine a single visiting fan base that wouldn't love to put together a 'boys weekend' in vegas built around going to the game.

Also a great way to upgrade a fan-base that certainly has its share of thugs, gang bangers and overall sleaze.

You can bet your sweet ass that the Watts-crowd will be whittled down - Along with the border crossers.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Raiders end up being one of the more profitable franchises around. Not just for the team, but the whole ancillary economy. Vegas has been trying for years to diversify their revenue base and competition for discretionary income.

Shiny new stadium > Fans

when hasn't any of the 4 major sports taken every chance to fock their fans?

check out the prices of going to a game. Commercials. It's all about $$$$$$$$

The Raiders’ rent to play at O.co Coliseum in Oakland has increased more than three-fold for the 2016 season.

The Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority on Friday approved a one-year lease extension for the Raiders to use the stadium and training facility, Bay Area News Group reports. The rent for the year increases from $925,000 last season to $3.5 million for 2016.

One of the executives working for the stadium authority said the increase was in part to cover costs such as more security.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/raiders_rent_in_oakland_more_than_triples_for_2016/s1_127_20556583

Oakland Coliseum uses cups taped to ceiling to stop leaks

Kansas City Chiefs fans and media in attendance for Sunday’s Week 13 clash with the Raiders in Oakland last weekend shared some photos on Twitter showing the high-tech way the stadium has dealt with some leaks.

Between this and some of the disgusting sewage leaks they’ve had at the stadium, it’s understandable why the Raiders have been lobbying for a move to Los Angeles. Some of the conditions at the Oakland Coliseum are just embarrassing.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/oakland-coliseum-cups-leaks/284377

This is awesome news, I guarantee most of San Diego will convert if the city has no team by then.

Gonna pick up a couple season tickets, should be an interesting resale market.

Gonna pick up a couple season tickets, should be an interesting resale market.

get on the list? where is it?

Raiders will offer refunds for disgruntled Oakland season ticket holders

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/27/15077100/oakland-raiders-season-ticket-refund-mark-davis-las-vegas

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/27/15077100/oakland-raiders-season-ticket-refund-mark-davis-las-vegas

They should pay them double what they paid for their pain and suffering. The fans were loyal when they were complete sh1t yet when they finally get good the team decides to leave

Haven't investigated the process yet. Figure 4 tickets * 10 games * ~$100 = $4,000. Worth the effort to play the resale market for one year or maybe even make the trip to see a game.

Haven't investigated the process yet. Figure 4 tickets * 10 games * ~$100 = $4,000. Worth the effort to play the resale market for one year or maybe even make the trip to see a game.

You forgot about the seat license.

Fantasy football made this possible.

Up until 10-15 years ago the NFL had completely distanced themselves from anything gambling related. They wouldn't even acknowledge fantasy football existed, until it was blatantly obvious it was generating monster ratings from all demographics. They finally gave in putting up fantasy related stats on the official NFL website and broadcasters followed suit with non-stop offensive stats floating at the bottom of the screen. And then.... the NFL embraced DraftKing and ilk.

Now Las Vegas.

Up until 10-15 years ago the NFL had completely distanced themselves from anything gambling related. They wouldn't even acknowledge fantasy football existed, until it was blatantly obvious it was generating monster ratings from all demographics. They finally gave in putting up fantasy related stats on the official NFL website and broadcasters followed suit with non-stop offensive stats floating at the bottom of the screen. And then.... the NFL embraced DraftKing and ilk.

Now Las Vegas.

NHL did it 1st and opened the doors

NHL did it 1st and opened the doors

Nobody notices the red headed step-child of American sports.

The season home opener alone you'd make a good chunk of it back right there.

Nobody notices the red headed step-child of American sports.

Sure they don't.

1st PRO sports team in Vegas matter. sorry

Now Las Vegas.

Yea their tune changed now that FF is basically propping up the entire league and bringing casual fans in by the truckload. Also they play games in London where gambling on sports is legal. The Vegas/gambling connection is an afterthought now. If "Blackjack" Del,Rio doesn't get fired he will be a popular figure for Vegas too. Players are going to beg to come play there and the party scene will be unreal and it's already huge.

Just texted you a link to where you can place your $100 deposit.

Just texted you a link to where you can place your $100 deposit.

God those tickets are going to be so expensive. Vegas is already obscenely overpriced and this will be no exception.