Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

It would have been horrible for "him".

Feel free to ignore it since it doesn't fit your lefty template of Obama doing this all on his own.

It's just Panetta saying waterboarding led to the intel that led to Bin Laden. Ya know, the waterboarding Bush used, but Obama stopped immediately after taking office.

I said I'd watch it later - I can't view streaming media at work. Nothing I've read drew that conclusion so I'm guessing this is another in a long line of RP creative misinterpretations.

I said I'd watch it later - I can't view streaming media at work. Nothing I've read drew that conclusion so I'm guessing this is another in a long line of RP creative misinterpretations.

No interpretation needed, but I'm sure you will spin it in a way to claim he doesn't say what he says. :music_guitarred:

No interpretation needed, but I'm sure you will spin it in a way to claim he doesn't say what he says. :music_guitarred:

I know how much you're against spin.

When you're doing your daily spouting off suggesting that "the seals killed Bin Laden, not Obama", you fail to recognize that if the mission had failed, it would have been considered a HUGE blunder by OBAMA, not the seals. It was a huge risk.

Newbie spin:

Obama killed Bin Laden, not the SEALS.

Obama took the risk, not the SEALS.

:doh:

Why would I do that? I've never claimed that torture doesn't ever yield credible intelligence, only that it yields just as much bad intelligence, it isn't efficient, and it's morally wrong. In a ticking timebomb scenario I'm find with it. I'm not fine with it as official US policy.

:dunno:

Newbie spin:

SEALS killed Bin Laden, which was ok'd by Obama.

Obama took the risk, not the SEALS.

Fixed

Why would I do that?

Because is proves Bush gets some of the credit for Bin Laden's death, something you have refused to acknowledge.

Can't wait for your spin. :thumbsup:

Because is proves Bush gets some of the credit for Bin Laden's death, something you have refused to acknowledge.

Can't wait for your spin. :thumbsup:

How do you credit Bush with getting bin Laden when Bush himself said he didn't know or care where bin Laden was? Maybe if Bush cared it wouldn't have taken ten frigging years and a new president to get him. :doh:

So, all the risk in this mission was on Obama. The SEALS didn't risk anything. :rolleyes:

Physical risk, yes.

But if the mission had failed, not a single person in teh world would have said, "remember when the SEALS blotched that assignment". No one.

It would have been the Republican calling cry for the next ten years. "Obama makes bad call. Many lives lost"

Physical risk, yes.

But if the mission had failed, not a single person in teh world would have said, "remember when the SEALS blotched that assignment". No one.

It would have been the Republican calling cry for the next ten years. "Obama makes bad call. Many lives lost"

Keep up the spin.

It's fun to watch you squirm after making the claim Obama killed Bin Laden, not the SEALS, and that Obama took the risk, not the SEALS.

:banana:

:doublethumbsup:

How do you credit Bush with getting bin Laden when Bush himself said he didn't know or care where bin Laden was? Maybe if Bush cared it wouldn't have taken ten frigging years and a new president to get him. :doh:

Spinning before you even watch it. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Keep up the spin.

It's fun to watch you squirm after making the claim Obama killed Bin Laden, not the SEALS, and that Obama took the risk, not the SEALS.

:banana:

:doublethumbsup:

Squirm? lol You're the one squirming, sport. Because this may be the defining moment of his first term. And a huge reason why he wins a second. :first:

Spinning before you even watch it. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Explain to me how Bush deserves credit for killing bin Laden when he didn't know or care where OBL was?

Talk about spin. :wacko:

Explain to me how Bush deserves credit for killing bin Laden when he didn't know or care where OBL was?

Talk about spin. :wacko:

I already have in this thread. Try pushing Obama's nutz to the side so you get a better look at the monitor.

:lol: Whatever you say. :lol:

You already know what public perception is. (And rightfully so). That's the reason you started this thread. And are so actively pleading your case. LOL

Squirm, pussie, squirm! LOLOL

I already have in this thread. Try pushing Obama's nutz to the side so you get a better look at the monitor.

:lol: You're really obsessed with Obummer, his undercarriage, and his stripper years.

I'll leave "perceptions" to the morons like you. I deal in reality.

HTH

Unfortunately, your 'reality' is whatever Fox News brainwashes you with. And has nothing to do with actual reality.

Squirm pussie, squirm. :lol:

Unfortunately, your 'reality' is whatever Fox News brainwashes you with. And has nothing to do with actual reality.

Squirm pussie, squirm. :lol:

Fox news has nothing to do with this thread. I used Obama's campaign commercial taken from his website.

Pretty early to be falling back on "Fox News yadayadayada", isn't it? I guess when that's all ya got you have to go to the well early. :thumbsup:

Fox news has nothing to do with this thread. I used Obama's campaign commercial taken from his website.

Pretty early to be falling back on "Fox News yadayadayada", isn't it? I guess when that's all ya got you have to go to the well early. :thumbsup:

Bush: 2001-2008 Failed to capture or kill Bin Laden

Obama: 2009-2001 Found, captured, and killed Bin Laden. Judge and muthurfocking jury, b!tch!

Obama: 2009-2001 Found, captured, and killed Bin Laden using intel obtained thru waterboarding and other EITs Bush put in place and Obama sh!tcanned.

Fixed :thumbsup:

Obama is the Barry Switzer of presidents -- took over a stacked team and won the Super Bowl before his incompetency could interfere. :thumbsup:

B.S.

Making that decision was about as hard as the decision to flush the toilet after taking a dump...

This is completely wrong. COMPLETELY.

First off, I hate to play this game, but Bush had a similar opportunity to make the decision and did not. Remember the caves of Tora Bora, when bin Laden got away? They likely could have gotten him but failed to commit the necessary military resources to do so. Failing to get bin Laden at that time was how he escaped into Pakistan in the first place.

Second, you are totally discounting the risks Obama took in order this raid. Namely there was a huge risk of international scandal and embarrassment if the mission did not go well. Obama sent Navy SEALs into Pakistan without Pakistan's permission. He violated their territorial sovereignty. Imagine if the mission did not go well and the SEALs had been captured in Pakistan. It would have been the most embarrassing display of U.S. ineptitude since the Iran Hostage Crisis.

Plus people in the United States would have been pissed if something bad happened to the SEAL team. Basically if the mission had gone poorly, it could've ended up worse than the hostage crisis and the incident in Somalia combined.

Would another president have ordered the raid? Perhaps so. But it was NOT a slam dunk decision by any means.

Second, you are totally discounting the risks Obama took in order this raid. Namely there was a huge risk of international scandal and embarrassment if the mission did not go well.

You Obamabots are completely brainwashed drones. HOLY CARP! OBAMA RISKED EMBARRASSMENT!!!!!!!

It's sad that you clowns ignore the risks the SEALS took, but continue to tout how brave Obama was to risk embarrassment, or heaven forbid, a tough time getting reelected.

You Obamabots are completely brainwashed drones. HOLY CARP! OBAMA RISKED EMBARRASSMENT!!!!!!!

It's sad that you clowns ignore the risks the SEALS took, but continue to tout how brave Obama was to risk embarrassment, or heaven forbid, a tough time getting reelected.

I think everyone has recognized that the SEALs are extremely brave and took a great deal of risk. They deserve tons of credit and have received it (sadly they can't receive personal credit since we can't know their identities). In fact there are numerous, NUMEROUS occasions of President Obama praising the SEAL team.

Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gOAu9bhuCY&feature=fvst

So, as usual, you could not be any more wrong.

Nah, your story of sukking Obama's cack to try to spin this is getting old. Admit the Dude was, and is, more concerned with his reelection than the lives of the SEALS he sent in. Shiit! Even Obama is admitting it in this ad. They state it plainly for everyone to see, yet you continue to try to spin it.

Too fukking funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just checking in...has RP admitted yet this a complete lie and Obama never said any such thing? Just wondering?

I think everyone has recognized that the SEALs are extremely brave and took a great deal of risk. They deserve tons of credit and have received it (sadly they can't receive personal credit since we can't know their identities). In fact there are numerous, NUMEROUS occasions of President Obama praising the SEAL team.

So, as usual, you could not be any more wrong.

You and Newbie both crawfish well. Once you get called out on touting how brave Obama was, and ignoring the SEALS, you come back with "Uh, well of course they were brave". :rolleyes:

Just checking in...has RP admitted yet this a complete lie and Obama never said any such thing? Just wondering?

Once again, Obama has a campaign ad saying it. I guess you are claiming what Obama's campaign commercials say have no connection to Obama. Fukking moron. :rolleyes:

Has RP ever admitted a single one of his lies or misrepresentations?

You and Newbie both crawfish well. Once you get called out on touting how brave Obama was, and ignoring the SEALS, you come back with "Uh, well of course they were brave". :rolleyes:

Well no shiit you focking retard. The SEALS had a dangerous mission. There could have been gunmen or bombs, etc waiting for them. That goes without saying.

But you're the moron who has spent the last year complaining about how Obama is 'spiking the football' for political gain. The "RISK" Obama took was political loss. You can't have it both ways, Nancy. A blotched m,ission would have been political suicide for Obama. Would he have gotten shot? No. Would he have been the laughing stock of the world? Yup. Would the Republicans have made the Seals' death and Bin LAden get away a MAJOR focal point of this election? Absofuckinglutely. And you would have led the charge.

Even Clinton was after Bin Laden. Just a few months before Bush took office, he was trying to take him out with cruise missiles. Bush's response? "When I take action, I'm not gonna fire a $2 million missile at some empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."

So, we've lost more lives in Afghanistan and Iraq than we did on 9/11 .... did not catch OBL ... and crushed the US economy with an extraordinary debt. Decisive? I guess you could call it that.

BTW, there are 3 factors that have caused the debt. Bush's tax cuts, Rx drug plan and the wars is about 3 TRILLION dollars. The Obama stimulus, 800 billion.

Yes, I know. I've seen the Obama ad telling us how brave he was. :thumbsup:

Too bad your boy didn't have the cojones. :music_guitarred:

Even Clinton was after Bin Laden. Just a few months before Bush took office, he was trying to take him out with cruise missiles. Bush's response? "When I take action, I'm not gonna fire a $2 million missile at some empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."

So, we've lost more lives in Afghanistan and Iraq than we did on 9/11 .... did not catch OBL ... and crushed the US economy with an extraordinary debt. Decisive? I guess you could call it that.

BTW, there are 3 factors that have caused the debt. Bush's tax cuts, Rx drug plan and the wars is about 3 TRILLION dollars. The Obama stimulus, 800 billion.

No response to that RP?

So, when Bush takes credit for what the soldiers are going to have to do, and pretty much fails, costing thousands of lives and trillions of dollars, that's not something you care to talk about. When Obama takes credit for a precise strike, that he ordered, at great risk to his political career, that was a success ... it's focked up.

Care to explain?

No response to that RP?

I try to limit discussions with one window licker at a time. Newbie is today's window licker. I doubt you will ever get me to debate you on anything, Freak.

:wave:

Bump so MDC can see that the policies under Bush led to the intel that led to Osama. Policies that his Hero put a stop to.

HTH

So we got info from a variety of sources, part of it was from waterboarding, and we can't say whether we'd have gotten the same intelligence without waterboarding - I'm sold! :overhead:

So we got info from a variety of sources, part of it was from waterboarding, and we can't say whether we'd have gotten the same intelligence without waterboarding - I'm sold! :overhead:

You had hours to come up with your spin on it, and that's the best ya got? I'm very disappointed in your effort. :thumbsdown: