Sign in to follow this  
KYSteel

James Casey..worth a start?

Everything i've read leads me to believe hes the guy in Texas. I dont expect Owen Daniel #s put I dont have many options. Any input?

He's a back up, right?

Per Rotoworld:

Texans TE James Casey (knee surgery) has resumed practicing in full.

"He didn't miss anything today," coach Gary Kubiak said. "There have been no setbacks. He’s done a heckuva job to get back that fast." We expect Casey to take over as the primary pass-catching tight end, but it's advisable to hold off on starting him in fantasy leagues until he proves worthy.

Source: Houston Chronicle

Per Rotoworld:

Texans TE James Casey (knee surgery) has resumed practicing in full.

"He didn't miss anything today," coach Gary Kubiak said. "There have been no setbacks. He’s done a heckuva job to get back that fast." We expect Casey to take over as the primary pass-catching tight end, but it's advisable to hold off on starting him in fantasy leagues until he proves worthy.

Source: Houston Chronicle

Hey, I would love to pick him up too and start him. Look at my TE (Pettigrew) and you see he ain't much.

In fact, I make take a chance and pick him up and play him anyhow. I'm sure Pettigrew will only get 3 points. What's 3 points?

Not really, he is likely to do most of the pass catching from here on out at TE with Owen D out.

Would you value him more than Fred Davis or BPettigrew?

Nice!! Im gonna start him over :wall: B.Watson :blink: and hope for a....

:nono: :pointstosky:

I just picked him up and inserted him in my starting lineup too. Like I said, no big deal if he gets 0. Pettigrew usually gets about that.

How do you guys not have better options at TE?

16 team league?

Clark, Gonzo, Gates, Witten, Celek, V.Davis, Heap, Olsen, Winslow, Heath Miller, Shiancoe, Carlson, Shockey, Keller, Boss...

you guys didn't manage to get one of those guys or were you all Daniels/Cooley owners?

and im not being a ######, im seriously wondering.

16 team league?

Clark, Gonzo, Gates, Witten, Celek, V.Davis, Heap, Olsen, Winslow, Heath Miller, Shiancoe, Carlson, Shockey, Keller, Boss...

you guys didn't manage to get one of those guys or were you all Daniels/Cooley owners?

16 teams AND I had Daniels

And since you asked, here's whats available:(Sadness)

Tony Scheffler

Kevin Boss

Daniel Fells

Dante Rosario

Donald Lee

Randy McMichael

Will Heller

Jeff King

Sean Ryan

Daniel Graham

I think I might roll with Boss

Td's in 2 straight and the Falcons give up the 9th most fantasy points to TE's

16 team league?

12 man league - available TEs are the following:

Watson - no thanks

FDavis - thinking about him, but still no thanks

Heap - no thanks

ZMiller - no thanks

Finley - intriguing but still hurt

Bo Scaife - no thanks

So, you see why I just picked up Casey? This is a list of guys with major flaws/baggage.

I have Pettigrew and he ain't much to write home about and it sounds like he gives me some hope.

He's a very low end TE 2 this week, just because it is his 1st game back from injury. But the guy can do everything Daniels can do and more (he once played 7 positions in ONE game in college). He's a very mature rookie. If you are weak at TE (I'm not), he should be picked up NOW, because if he has a good game this week, you might not have a shot.

But realistically, it will probably take him a game or two to get on the same page as Schaub and show his stuff, assuming no set-backs.

12 man league - available TEs are the following:

Watson - no thanks

FDavis - thinking about him, but still no thanks

Heap - no thanks

ZMiller - no thanks

Finley - intriguing but still hurt

Bo Scaife - no thanks

So, you see why I just picked up Casey? This is a list of guys with major flaws/baggage.

I have Pettigrew and he ain't much to write home about and it sounds like he gives me some hope.

I mean, I see why YOU picked him up but I still don't really see why you had to pick him up.

You owned Daniels? or Cooley? and didn't have either backed up with one of the 12 or so solid TE's I mentioned before?

I mean, I see why YOU picked him up but I still don't really see why you had to pick him up.

You owned Daniels? or Cooley? and didn't have either backed up with one of the 12 or so solid TE's I mentioned before?

The bye weeks really screwed things up for me. I had both CJohnson and MJD out as well as Sims-Walker in the same week. I had to drop a back up TE (Vernon Davis) in order to pick up guys to fill in.

The guys in my league just all seem to have 2 TE's each, which leaves me with very little. Oh well....it happens.

The bye weeks really screwed things up for me. I had both CJohnson and MJD out as well as Sims-Walker in the same week. I had to drop a back up TE (Vernon Davis) in order to pick up guys to fill in.

The guys in my league just all seem to have 2 TE's each, which leaves me with very little. Oh well....it happens.

When did Vernon Davis become a back-up tight end?

When did Vernon Davis become a back-up tight end?

to Owen Daniels.....

Sounds like im not the only Fred Davis/James Casey owner...what u guys doing??

I just slotted Casey into the starter spot...but im sure ill waiver all the way up unti the Wash/Dal kickoff

I just slotted Casey into the starter spot...but im sure ill waiver all the way up unti the Wash/Dal kickoff

I picked up Boss, and that is probably a safer play, but dang HOU plays on Monday night and I'm a sucker for that.

I picked up Boss, and that is probably a safer play, but dang HOU plays on Monday night and I'm a sucker for that.

i dont want to be the guy who told you to start boss and he does nothing but i think he is the safer play based on what he did before the bye and the fact that Casey hasn't played or shown anything yet.

No big deal here.

Fred has started 2 games. 2 points and 6 points. Yawn!

Thinking of starting him over Keller. Any thoughts?

Yeah...he is finally starting to get some more action and may be relied on heavily against the Pats who may score 1,000,000 points today.

Casey may be decent, but for now...all speculation. Who cares what the coach says...they always say crap.

Kevin Boss 2/32/2 in the first half.

you can thank me later :dunno:

Thanks to this thread, I started Davis over Pettigrew.

While I was also changing my lineup last second, I also replaced Greg Jennings with B.Scott!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, from reading everyone's comments, I am sure there were a few other Pettigrew owners who followed this advice.

Lets just hope Davis at least gets a few points.