Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Barry Bonds walked 2558 times in his career, 688 intentionally

The greatest of all time.

The greatest baseball player (Bonds) and the greatest football player (Brady) of all time went to the same high school.

What's great about your threads is you don't even need to know who start them. It's so obviously you.

8 years of PAs without putting a ball in play. GoColts could do that. :thumbsdown:

What a great way of looking at it.

Still think he would have been considered the best all-around player to ever play the game if he didn't become obsessed with home runs and steroids.

The DBacks once were up 2 vs. the Giants, 9th inning, bases loaded, two outs, Bonds at the plate... and they intentionally walked in a run to get to the next guy. If I recall it worked, but I may have selective memory.

Could you imagine being the guy after Bonds? They have so little respect for you they are begging to pitch to you. :lol:

Still think he would have been considered the best all-around player to ever play the game if he didn't become obsessed with home runs and steroids.

walked 2558 times. Struck out 1539 times

how can you be obsessed with HR if you walk 1000 more times than SO

The DBacks once were up 2 vs. the Giants, 9th inning, bases loaded, two outs, Bonds at the plate... and they intentionally walked in a run to get to the next guy. If I recall it worked, but I may have selective memory.

Could you imagine being the guy after Bonds? They have so little respect for you they are begging to pitch to you. :lol:

true story.

Buck Showalter was the manager

the guy on deck was Brent Mayne

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/05/28/127075262/barry-bonds-is-intentionally-walked-with-bases-loaded

walked 2558 times. Struck out 1539 times

how can you be obsessed with HR if you walk 1000 more times than SO

That was pitchers not wanting to give up home runs to the steroid freak

8 years of PAs without putting a ball in play. GoColts could do that. :thumbsdown:

Closer to four seasons, but your point is still valid.

Closer to four seasons, but your point is still valid.

I think his math used gocolts as X and figured he is only capable of playing in Y games per year

The greatest of all time.

The greatest baseball player (Bonds) and the greatest football player (Brady) of all time went to the same high school.

School mascot, let me guess - the Cheetahs? :rimshot:

If there was a Cy Young award in his time Ruth would have won it. Maybe a couple of times.

This is the only time I watched a you tube of that cheating fock and thought it was awesome

If there was a Cy Young award in his time Ruth would have won it. Maybe a couple of times.

Hard to compare players from that era to the athletes playing today. I certainly believe that talent is talent and it would transcend any era, but he wouldn't be the dominant player today that he was back then. It was only white guys back then. No blacks or Cubans. Bug difference there. Plus, he was a drunk who didn't stay in shape. That wouldn't fly in today's game. He'd need to be a totally different person.

Hard to compare players from that era to the athletes playing today. I certainly believe that talent is talent and it would transcend any era, but he wouldn't be the dominant player today that he was back then. It was only white guys back then. No blacks or Cubans. Bug difference there. Plus, he was a drunk who didn't stay in shape. That wouldn't fly in today's game. He'd need to be a totally different person.

:thumbsup:

This is the only time I watched a you tube of that cheating fock and thought it was awesome

Anyone know the backstory on that? Why was he so pissed at Bonds?

wouldn't run to the store and buy him a pack of butts

Funny thing is Leyland loved Barry. Said multiple times he was one of his all time favorite players. I just happen to love this video.