Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency

I'm still salty they cost AP his last prime year with that stupid child abuse crap.

the kid was asking for it.

I've been busy all day and haven't been able to check up on it

@ $15.00 per hour you should work 20 hours per day. :wave:

• Like 1

Romo hanging them up, going into broadcasting per Schefty.

They better put one of those big spongy foam thingies on the end of his microphone in case he bumps into it. We wouldn't want him breaking his jaw.

They better put one of those big spongy foam thingies on the end of his microphone in case he bumps into it. We wouldn't want him breaking his jaw.

One of the better comments I saw was "if someone could break a clavicle from the booth, it would be Romo"

Supposedly taking the number one spot from Simms

Supposedly taking the number one spot from Simms

I don't quite understand that. Simms might not be the best in the world, but he is at least a known commodity. I would think that they would try Romo out there as a 2nd or 3rd string guy for a bit to see how he does. If he is better than Simms, then he can take over, but to have something out there like that before Romo has even signed doesn't make much sense to me.

Great choice for Tony. Why kill,yourself when you can be in the comfy booth and still close to the game you love? He has enough money and will be a great commentator imo. Also no, he isnt hof worthy due to his playoff futility.

Great choice for Tony. Why kill,yourself when you can be in the comfy booth and still close to the game you love? He has enough money and will be a great commentator imo. Also no, he isnt hof worthy due to his playoff futility.

What do you mean? Those two playoff wins were epic. :lol:

The best part is he is replacing Phil Simms.

The best part is he is replacing Phil Simms.

I really don't know how he'll be in the booth.. But considering how bad Simms is, he can't be any worse.

Apparently he chose CBS because he wants to cover golf... Good gig for him, and glad phil simms is gone.

Good for Romo...been beat up the last few years. Get out while he can still move around and enjoy things and before he takes even more punishment.

And yes...anything that replaces Simms would likely be better.

Simms had a good run, 20 plus years. Never got the hate for him, I always suspected it was more that he was there so long. And of course Pats fans hate him, he was a great Giant. They hate anything to do with the NY Football Giants. Can't blame them.

Makes sense. Romo doesn't wanna play anywhere other than Dallas and nobody really wants him.

Now he can go to the booth and remain on JJ's speed dial in case Dak goes down this year.

Simms had a good run, 20 plus years. Never got the hate for him, I always suspected it was more that he was there so long. And of course Pats fans hate him, he was a great Giant. They hate anything to do with the NY Football Giants. Can't blame them.

I didn't hate him. He said some stupid things, but what football announcer doesn't?

We also don't hate the Giants. They are sort of irrelevant to us. Far more hatred for Colts, Ravens, Broncos, Steelers, Seahawks, etc.

I didn't hate him. He said some stupid things, but what football announcer doesn't?

We also don't hate the Giants. They are sort of irrelevant to us. Far more hatred for Colts, Ravens, Broncos, Steelers, Seahawks, etc.

Wait, hold on, the Giants are irrelevant to Patriots fans? Uhhh 18 and what?

When it is all said and done I will remember 2 games the most, the Atlanta Falcons losing the Super Bowl this year, and when the Giants beat the undefeated Patriots, everything else is filler.

Lol. Now that's some funny shite right there. You're a riot!

Wait, hold on, the Giants are irrelevant to Patriots fans? Uhhh 18 and what?

When it is all said and done I will remember 2 games the most, the Atlanta Falcons losing the Super Bowl this year, and when the Giants beat the undefeated Patriots, everything else is filler.

It really isn't that big of a deal. Lose a game to the Broncos or Colts in an AFC Championship game and it is pretty similar. I just look at 5 Patriots players walking out to the mound at Fenway during Opening Day, each holding a Lombardi, and I really didn't think of the Giants for one fleeting second. Would have been great with 7 SB's, but we have to let other teams win every once in a while.

It really isn't that big of a deal. Lose a game to the Broncos or Colts in an AFC Championship game and it is pretty similar. I just look at 5 Patriots players walking out to the mound at Fenway during Opening Day, each holding a Lombardi, and I really didn't think of the Giants for one fleeting second. Would have been great with 7 SB's, but we have to let other teams win every once in a while.

I think the Greatriots will be selfish for the next 2 seasons at least.

7 will be done before Tom the GOAT retires.

Lol. Now that's some funny shite right there. You're a riot!

I don't think Patriots fans dislike the Giants as a whole.

Definitely don't want to face them in a super bowl though.

If they are being honest.

I don't think Patriots fans dislike the Giants as a whole.

Definitely don't want to face them in a super bowl though.

If they are being honest.

Why? I would love to face the Giants in the SB. That means that we made the SB and we can get revenge. I never understood people that shied away from a challenge or an opportunity to exact revenge.

Why? I would love to face the Giants in the SB. That means that we made the SB and we can get revenge. I never understood people that shied away from a challenge or an opportunity to exact revenge.

You want revenge against a team that is irrelevant to you?

Still boggles my mind that the Texans wouldn't try to trade for him.

It is a win now league. And they have a top defense with decent weapons. Not everyday that you can just trade a mid round pick for a sure fire starter. So there plan is to run Savage out there now and perhaps win the division with 9 wins. And maybe draft one at 25 and sit and hope he is decent? Seems idiotic to almost start over at QB when the rest of your team is ready to compete.

Same for Denver to a lesser extent but at least they have a fairly high pick in Lynch. And not sure you can win the SB with him, but not sure why so many write of Siemian. A 7th round pick in 2015, starts 14 games his second year, 18 picks to 10 ints. That is pretty great to get from a 2nd year 7th round QB. Seems like he has a lot of room to improve. But with Denver they have a top defense that isn't exactly young. Von is in his prime now. By the time either of these QBs really could take hold the defense may be blown apart.

Would Romo deliever a SB or even stay upright for a whole season? Who knows. But to me it is goofy to not try to win while you have the chance.

Do you see how you try to associate your self with the NE success even though you had nothing to do with it? It makes you look weak and needy!

Do you see how you try to associate your self with the NE success even though you had nothing to do with it? It makes you look weak and needy!

I paid for it with my season tickets over the last 25 years. If I don't go to the games, they struggle.

Also, the statement was about "Patriots fans" not the Patriots team. Put on your glasses Old Man

Sort of irrelevant, Fuckchop. :lol:

Sure. I could see why you're more concerened with the Seahawks, one of the teams that handed the Patriots a title.

I paid for it with my season tickets over the last 25 years. If I don't go to the games, they struggle.

Also, the statement was about "Patriots fans" not the Patriots team. Put on your glasses Old Man

Soooooo needy!

Same. I haven't really followed the story other then Homo gets the top CBS spot with Nance. Does that mean Simms is completely out or does he move to the second tier analyst ?

Another job within CBS umbrella ?

Some things come to an end. It is life. Wasn't going to last forever.

#Patriots extended an RFA offer sheet to #Bills RB Mike Gillislee. It’s for 2 years, $6.4M, source said. $4M in the 1st year.

Source: Patriots WR Danny Amendola has agreed to a reduced contract for 2017. Was scheduled to make $6M. More details as they come.

Gawddammit New England, stop trying to steal all the Bills' players :mad:

He is good. I just don t get what's wrong with the thumper they have. I always liked Blount and he seems to fit perfect. Age I guess

He is good. I just don t get what's wrong with the thumper they have. I always liked Blount and he seems to fit perfect. Age I guess

Prob age along with wear and tear. Dude has been brutal for us and he looked dam good last year leaping over people I didn't think he could leap over.

Check the analytic numbers from last year. Burkhead and Gillislee were 1 & 2 in lots of metrics. Blount was middle of the pack.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/18/with-burkhead-and-gillislee-signings-patriots-buy-into-analytics/