Sign in to follow this  
TennisMenace

I may have no RBs available !

If Tevin Coleman doesn't make the trip to Denver because of his Sickle Cell Anemia disorder, all four of my RBs will be unavailable! I have never had this happen in the 10 or so years I have played FF to my runners or wide outs, so this is a first.

So, either I pick up some second stringers just to field a full team- Guys like Riddick, Kuhn, Darkwa, Henry, Smallwood- or else pretty much take a loss. Non PPR LEAGUE.

As you guys know, dropping one player is tough enough, but two is very challenging, especially when your starting qb is also on a bye and you have to play the 2 guy.

Would you guys drop 2 to fill the spots?

Riddick is the starter.

True, I erroneously added his name. He is not available.

In a league where I didn't have to fill every open spot? It would depend on who I'd have to drop. Smallwood is worth a pickup right now anyway, and will at least get you some points. Same for the Darkone. Henry is handcuff only, Kuhn is Kuhn (love him, but he won't do that again). How many spots do you have to fill? I'd drop one of those DEF's for Smallwood anyway. Might anyway for Darkwa, but then again I don't carry two DEFs except for bye week.

Yeah i'm completely screwed too.

Ware and michael are on byes... Crowell has to play the patriots with brady so they will be behind bad and then I literally have nobody besides smallwood. Since washington from detroit decided to get hurt early.

Yeah i'm completely screwed too.

Ware and michael are on byes... Crowell has to play the patriots with brady so they will be behind bad and then I literally have nobody besides smallwood. Since washington from detroit decided to get hurt early.

Well, at least you have two bodies to suit up- Crowell and Smalls ain't horrible. Crowell could get you a goal line td. Smalls might get 10 carries in relief.

Must agree drop a defense and pick up a Rb.

Must agree drop a defense and pick up a Rb.

Yeah, I can't just throw in the towel.

I have to drop two, so goodbye Carolina defense and goodbye Ware.

Yeah, I can't just throw in the towel.

I have to drop two, so goodbye Carolina defense and goodbye Ware.

Or trade. Can you get a two-fer value player for them? Trade Ware and Car for another RB?

Many non-PPR leagues have James White on the wire. I'm in the same spot as you with all of my RB2s on bye. I like White as a sneaky play if Tom Brady comes back and they just want to shell Cleveland. I think he has a decent 5 pt floor and the chance to have a bigger game.

Yeah I picked up White last week.

I think hes the guy beyond Gronkelman and Edelkowski who benefits most from Brady back.

Powell also available in one of my leagues, which surprised me.

Okay, two guys like White. I checked, he is available. So, Smallwood, Rainey, white. I should be able to get two of these guys. I can't imagine other teams having all of their RBs on bye or who have sickle cell anemia.

Or trade. Can you get a two-fer value player for them? Trade Ware and Car for another RB?

I will try but these guys are tough. I've proposed several trades to no avail.

Smallwood could be a good pick.

Smallwood could be a good pick.

I picked him up at 8:28. Lol

I might pick up some RBs with some of my scrubs... at this point you may have a bench guy or two not worth keeping, but if you're doing well, it may not be a bad idea to just punt this week. I'm definitely hurting by the bye week this week too, with 5 players on bye. Hoping I can eke one out, but this is without question my worst bye week.

The Panthers defense is garbage this year, that's an easy drop.

Between your lower RBs and WRs you can find a drop. Ware, Dixon, Snead, Benjamin, Pryor, out of all of those guys one can be dropped.

Don't worry it won't cost you as much as you fear.

• Like 1

I cut Eli Manning just before kickoff last night to pick up Smallwood.

I plan on cutting Carolina defense to pick up another RB: White, Perkins, Darkwa, Kuhn, or someone similar.

Then I will drop Ware to pick up a qb for this week. I'm dead to Eli, so I will pick up Flacco if I have to.

Its all good.

I cut Eli Manning just before kickoff last night to pick up Smallwood.

I plan on cutting Carolina defense to pick up another RB: White, Perkins, Darkwa, Kuhn, or someone similar.

Then I will drop Ware to pick up a qb for this week. I'm dead to Eli, so I will pick up Flacco if I have to.

Its all good.

drop car d for a qb. Could wait to see if Coleman plays. I would drop Benjamin b4 Ware.

drop car d for a qb. Could wait to see if Coleman plays. I would drop Benjamin b4 Ware.

I was pondering TBen but this league plays 3 WRs and I have 5, so that gives me a little room to maneuver during bye weeks.

It sounds like you feel I still need Ware as an insurance policy, am I right? Which tells me you are not convinced Charles will return healthy, or maybe will not be able to last, am I right?

Both points are VERY valid. In fact, I think I need to ponder this a wee bit longer. Maybe Ware might serve me better in the long term than Tben, a guy I have only played one week of 4.

I was pondering TBen but this league plays 3 WRs and I have 5, so that gives me a little room to maneuver during bye weeks.

It sounds like you feel I still need Ware as an insurance policy, am I right? Which tells me you are not convinced Charles will return healthy, or maybe will not be able to last, am I right?

Both points are VERY valid. In fact, I think I need to ponder this a wee bit longer. Maybe Ware might serve me better in the long term than Tben, a guy I have only played one week of 4.

didnt know it's a must start 3wr league. I would still wait until Coleman plays or not to make a move. I have very little faith in Charles. I think ware will be the better RB to own ROS.
  • Like 1

didnt know it's a must start 3wr league. I would still wait until Coleman plays or not to make a move. I have very little faith in Charles. I think ware will be the better RB to own ROS.

Thanks Byrdman, I agree, wait to see if Coleman plays. If he does, no need to pick up Powell or White.

Like you said, no guarantee Charles is ready to go.