Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

“Racist” cartoon drawn of Serena Williams

The overly PC culture has not yet reached Australia. I dont think its fair to apply our new standards onto other cultures.

Besides, people will just selectively choose which cultures to condemn and which to ignore.

All 3 are far off and it would have been funny if he had not changed them to white people and made a racist caricature of Serena. Very similar to the racist depiction of Michelle Obama on the New Yorker cover.

what is a racist caricature?

Define this please

Let me know when you want me to break it down to you.

Break It Down

Is it possible to make a caricature of a black person without being racist in today's world? Nope. Same pretty much goes for people of all color.

Do you contend that it shouldnt have been drawn at all?

I think I make that contention, only because anything you do or say can easily be twisted into the realm of "racism", so why bother?

So we're going to go in circles here. Caricatures by their very definition exaggerated the features of the individual. Look up caricatures of prince George.

However, white depictions of black people back in the day also tended to exaggerate the features of black people.

So there's a logical and emotional. We can jump up and down and say logically it's not fair that white people's features can be exaggerated in the art form, but black people are too damn sensitive. But the emotional side is actually more pragmatic in this case. Just don't. It's not worth the damn hassle.

In my opinion the cartoon was flattering

• Like 1

This isn’t a story if he didn’t make the lips like that. Like old bugs bunny cartoons. That’s the entire point of contention here.

The cartoonist better be careful. This could turn into another Charlie Hebdo / Mohammed-esque cartoon attack.

If they drew Michelle with so-called European hair, it'll be a problem.

You really can't win.

100% true. I think it was just a week ago that black peeps were complaining about how Princess Tiana looks in the new Wreck-It-Ralph movie.

Make them look too black its racist, too white its racist. Its really a no win situation, when you have the whole victim mentality that many people in the AA community do.

If we drew white men with miniscule teeny tiny penises no matter how big it was in real life would you understand why it's offensive?

If they drew Michelle with so-called European hair, it'll be a problem.

You really can't win.

Correct. Hence the notion of not bothering at all.

If we drew white men with miniscule teeny tiny penises no matter how big it was in real life would you understand why it's offensive?

Nope. Because it's a cartoon that any loser on the internet can post. It's just graffiti.

As an artist he might tend to represent white people in that way, or even with chains and whips, but that is not racism, its simply the artists interpretation. I might not find it "art" or funny, or even acceptable....but in the grand scheme of things, I would have FAR more problem with someone trying to silence the cartoonist than with the cartoonists mischaracterization. Deciding for others what is acceptable to me deserves a big fock you, but thats just me.

No, because I have a sense of humor.

I remember that statue of Trump they had on Display. Was that racist too?

No. Just like honkeys dont get offended when black comedians do jokes about stereotypical white things.

Remind me how it goes over when white people do jokes about stereotypical black things?

The truth is only offensive to those who are offended, case in point....the aforementioned cartoons.

You might hate the way its drawn but thats pretty dam accurate of how she looks. If youre pissed at anyone be pissed at God for making her that way.

• Like 1

You might hate the way its drawn but thats pretty dam accurate of how she looks. If youre pissed at anyone be pissed at God for making her that way.

It's like being mad at the mirror.

• Like 1

It's like being mad at the mirror.

BINGO!!! :first:

If they were Irish that would be accurate. ☘️

:lol:

Well........umm........Naomi Osaka isn't white! So there.

(Y'all are cold blooded for finding those pictures of Serena.)

It isn't racist if it is true...

For some reason I read this with the voice of Robert Downey Jr. in my head when he was in that movie where he played a black guy. Which was not racist and very funny.

For some reason I read this with the voice of Robert Downey Jr. in my head when he was in that movie where he played a black guy. Which was not racist and very funny.

Tropic Thunder, give the guy credit for taking a pretty big risk with that role, and then crushing it

Now I know why I thought of him.

After being called out for reciting the theme song from the Jefferson's he said:

"Just because it's a theme song doesn't mean it's not true," Sgt. Osiris.

Entitled, lying, cheating piece of she perfectly captures liberal America.

Also the comic isnt racist. I mean lets be honest everyones all upset because the cartoon looks kinda like a gorilla. But in reality Serena Williams does look like a gorilla... I mean she does.

• Like 1

Now I know why I thought of him.

After being called out for reciting the theme song from the Jefferson's he said:

"Just because it's a theme song doesn't mean it's not true," Sgt. Osiris.

Oh God. The fun part of being retarded is I frequently crack myself up.

I swear I read Peenie's post as the theme song from The Jetsons.

Totally baffled there for a minute. 🤔

😁