Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

John McCain: Brain cancer

A lot of vets disagree with that.

Here's one that doesn't.

Guy was a POW serving his country subjected to God knows what. He's a sh!tty Conservative but focker is playing with house money. He'd never buy his drinks while I'm around.

Do you actually know any vets who've voiced this opinion?

I've only ever heard one ass hole ever suggest that. Donald Draft-Dodger Trump. Sux is the second ass hole.

Here's a story a lot of people don't know. McClain's dad was pretty famous and Powerful of his own right. So much so, that John McCain was offered early release from being a pow. Despite the torture and everything he had endured, he refused to do so until he can leave with all the other pows.

Sure, I could compare it to the last several phucstyx who ran this country, but that story stands on its own without having to call anybody else out.

Me? My happy ass would be out of there and Id make myself feel better by sending the other guys Hickory Farms gift baskets.

Do you actually know any vets who've voiced this opinion?

I'm not a vet but I work for the army. Everyone I talked to said getting captured doesn't make you a hero. I remember arguing with them. At the end of the day they are right.

That being said what we (regular citizens) consider a hero is far different than what someone in the service considers a hero.

Die you stoopid fawking idiot. Hells Bells.

It's posts like this that make me question my political ideology.

• Like 1

That being said what we (regular citizens) consider a hero is far different than what someone in the service considers a hero.

I'm glad to hear that. We'd be in trouble if the military had the same bar for a hero. That word is really overused today.

I'm not a vet but I work for the army. Everyone I talked to said getting captured doesn't make you a hero. I remember arguing with them. At the end of the day they are right.

Not that I usually acknowledge you at all, but you might want to read my post two posts before you posted your drivel.

Being captured didn't make McCain a hero. Refusing an early release is what made him a hero. You and Sux seem to have no clue what you're talking about.

Being captured didn't make McCain a hero. Refusing an early release is what made him a hero. You and Sux seem to have no clue what you're talking about.

Pussies who never served talking about sh1t they're clueless about. Both would curl up like toddlers and cry if they ever went through one-tenth of what McCain did. Internet tough guys.

• Like 1

Both made him a hero in my book. People act like it's always the captive's fault he got caught. Jesus. This is like the Ketchup/Nickelback thing all over again. Someone came up with this silly concept that being captured doesn't make you a hero and now everyone thinks they are cool for saying it. Fock you. Fock all of you.

Guy went to war for us, was captured(how I don't know and don't care) spent years as a POW and we cant all agree to call him a hero? We can't agree on something as simple as THAT?

Yeah but athletes and celebrities are heroes. :thumbsdown:

Anyone who says he isn't a hero because he got captured is a piece of sh!t in my book. Why don't you pick up a gun and go to Iraq and fight if you're so tough.

Jesus

• Like 1

Both made him a hero in my book. People act like it's always the captive's fault he got caught. Jesus. This is like the Ketchup/Nickelback thing all over again. Someone came up with this silly concept that being captured doesn't make you a hero and now everyone thinks they are cool for saying it. Fock you. Fock all of you.

Guy went to war for us, was captured(how I don't know and don't care) spent years as a POW and we cant all agree to call him a hero? We can't agree on something as simple as THAT?

Yeah but athletes and celebrities are heroes. :thumbsdown:

Anyone who says he isn't a hero because he got captured is a piece of sh!t in my book. Why don't you pick up a gun and go to Iraq and fight if you're so tough.

Jesus

You do realize Nickelback actually does suck and that isn't something people say to be cool? Their music is beyond cringeworthy.

That word is really overused today.

True, it's a BS word, that used to mean doing something above and beyond. Now it means a public servant doing his job.

Pussies who never served talking about sh1t they're clueless about. Both would curl up like toddlers and cry if they ever went through one-tenth of what McCain did. Internet tough guys.

What branch did you serve in?

By the way super Mike. That someone who came up with that silly concept about being captured? That was Donald Trump.

Military service should be mandatory for Congress & above.

But, f**** like him would find ways around that too.

By the way super Mike. That someone who came up with that silly concept about being captured? That was Donald Trump.

Yea Obama would have gladly served lol.

I'm aware he used it and popularized it, but I doubt he created it. He can't create anything original.

I served. McCain is no hero. He did a brave thing by not excepting an early release, but that's expected from officers. They are expected to remain a POW until all their men go home. It's military code or tradition or whatever you wanna call it.

He was tortured just like every other POW.

But, he also received special treatment due to who his father was. He was considered a sub par fighter pilot (That's on record) who was reckless/careless and a "maverick". He crashed multiple times in training. He got away with multiple things most military personnel wouldn't due to who his dad was.

Now, he was tortured, he was a POW, and I'm sure he went through horrible things....like every other POW. But, he got special, medical treatment, that other POW's didn't because who his dad was. He also recorded an anti-american propaganda piece for the North Vietnamese. That's a huge no no.

If people want to call him a hero, so be it, but I don't consider him one.

What branch did you serve in?

The tree branch your uncle would grab onto behind the shed when you were on your knees accepting his cack.

Whether it was expected of McCain to decline early release is immaterial. He had the option to leave and declined it. He also broke both his legs and had his arm crushed with a rifle. Whether he got some minor medical treatment later doesn't matter, dude was crippled. I don't respect him as a politician but he gave more in the service than anyone here and I respect his service.

• Like 1

Whether it was expected of McCain to decline early release is immaterial. He had the option to leave and declined it. He also broke both his legs and had his arm crushed with a rifle. Whether he got some minor medical treatment later doesn't matter, dude was crippled. I don't respect him as a politician but he gave more in the service than anyone here and I respect his service.

I respect his service also. To military personnel it's not immaterial. It's expected. It was his sworn duty as an officer. If he would've taken an early release, he would've forever been considered a coward by military personnel. I understand your "civilian" mindset/opinion, but it's completely different to military individuals.

Eta: he got "minor" medical treatment that others didn't. Again, because of who his dad was. That's also not immaterial.

Eta again: I think he's a great American. A great patriot. But I'm stopping short of hero.

I respect his service also. To military personnel it's not immaterial. It's expected. It was his sworn duty as an officer. If he would've taken an early release, he would've forever been considered a coward by military personnel. I understand your "civilian" mindset/opinion, but it's completely different to military individuals.

Eta: he got "minor" medical treatment that others didn't. Again, because of who his dad was. That's also not immaterial.

Eta again: I think he's a great American. A great patriot. But I'm stopping short of hero.

Absurd.

I think the idea of everybody who serves in the military all has this Universal sense of right and wrong and motivation Etc is absolute b*******.

People join the military for all sorts of reasons ranging from the Patriotic to the fact that they can't get a job anywhere else, to thefact they just enjoyed killing people to the fact that they can't associate with normal human beings and on and on.

Much like cops there are good ones and there are absolute filth.

So somebody saying I served therefore my opinion matters more is To me absolute horseshit. The military has more than its fair share of child molesters, wife beaters, serial killers and white supremacists. You got to look at the individual the man and his service and overall moral compass before actually giving a s*** what his POV is. That is no different than civilians by the way.

Ask yourself, Robert bales served. Look him up. So did that tranny freak Manning. The fact that 'they' served' means absolute to me. As does whatever their viewpoint on McCain would be.

I think the idea of it everybody who serves in the military all has this Universal sense of right and wrong and motivation Etc is absolute b*******.

People join the military for all sorts of reasons managing from the Patriotic in the fact that they can't get a job anywhere else in fact they just enjoyed killing people to the fact that they can't associate but normal human being and on and on.

Much like cops there are good ones and there are absolute filth.

So somebody saying I served therefore my opinion matters more is To me absolute horseshit. The military has more than its fair share of child molesters serial killers and white supremacists. You got to look at the individual the man in his service and overall moral compass before actually giving a s*** what his POV is. That is no different than civilians by the way.

Ask yourself, Robert bales served. Look him up. So did that tranny freak Manning. The fact that 'they' served' means absolute ###### to me. As does whatever their viewpoint on McCain would be.

Of course the military has freaks, murders, druggies, all walks of life. Just like civilians. By no means am I saying military/vets opinions mean more. You have yours, and I have mine. So be it. I'm sure there's plenty of military people who think he's a hero. Fine. There's plenty of military people who think he isn't. Fine.

I was simply giving my opinion as a vet. I bet there are other vets on this board who would disagree with me. That's fine also.

I guess Jessica Lynch is a hero also? She was captured. Beaten. Probably raped. They made a wrong turn and was captured. Does that make her a hero?

Unfortunately, it seems that there are far too damn many of you who seemingly only get your information and opinions from here.

In this case, I would actively encourage you to do you own research on John McCain, his service and the conduct of his captivity.

Needless to say, Crack has his own POV, others have theirs.

What isn't however much of a matter of debate or opinion is expressed below. Bear in mind, that McCain had already survived a massive fire on board his carrier - and by all accounts, helped to throw unexploded ordinance overboard - while standing literally in or near fire (having put out the fire on his own flight suit) - so that the unexploded bombs wouldn't hurt or kill more shipmates. From there:

As Forrestal headed to port for repairs, McCain volunteered to join the undermanned VA-163 "Saints" squadron on board the USS Oriskany.[93] This carrier had earlier endured its own deck fire disaster[94] and its squadrons had suffered some of the heaviest losses during Rolling Thunder. The Saints had a reputation for aggressive, daring attacks, but paid the price:[95] in 1967, one-third of their pilots were killed or captured, and all of their original fifteen A-4s had been destroyed.[95] After taking some leave in Europe and back home in Orange Park, Florida,[96] McCain joined Oriskany on September 30, 1967,[95] for a tour he expected would finish early the next summer.[97] He volunteered to fly the squadron's most dangerous missions right away, rather than work his way up to them.[98]

...and THAT's how he became captured.

And, oh, BTW - instead of giving up the names of his fellow pilots? Gave Charlie the names of the Green Bay Packers.

The world ain't hollywood, but GD, he's far better than most.

Guys here who call off work with a sore throat trying to short-sell McCain's bravery., :lol:

GREAT guy....Wonderful things he did for the country. Super patriot.

But imma gonna stop short of calling him a hero in some idiot semantical argument.

I normally don't get that fired up about some of the absurdities that take place daily here but this one just takes the cake. Especially, to your point, while we all sit comfortably behind a computer screen.

Guys here who call off work with a sore throat trying to short-sell McCain's bravery., :lol:

Idk who that's directed at, but ok. I'm not questioning his bravery. Never have. But, all military personnel put in harms way, battle, fire fights, are brave. They're doing exactly what they signed up to do :dunno:. They do what they have to in order to survive. He did what every other combat vet did. He had to fight. What makes him any more brave then the lowly enlisted personnel fighting on the ground? On the front lines? Or any other POW?

Gary Ivan Gordon and Randy Shughart are my definition of hero's.

The tree branch your uncle would grab onto behind the shed when you were on your knees accepting his cack.

That's what I figured. Someone who didn't serve a day in the military lecturing others....focking hypocrite. So easy to call out your bullshite. I love it. :music_guitarred:

That's what I figured. Someone who didn't serve a day in the military lecturing others....focking hypocrite. So easy to call out your bullshite. I love it. :music_guitarred:

What bullsh1t? I was calling out others who never served a day denying that McCain is a hero. So you side with them? Or just talking out of your ass again so you have an excuse to stalk me? I'll hang up and listen.

Idk who that's directed at, but ok. I'm not questioning his bravery. Never have. But, all military personnel put in harms way, battle, fire fights, are brave. They're doing exactly what they signed up to do :dunno:. They do what they have to in order to survive. He did what every other combat vet did. He had to fight. What makes him any more brave then the lowly enlisted personnel fighting on the ground? On the front lines? Or any other POW?

wow. you're just not really reading are you?

1. He could have run like a biitch on Forestall when his plane blowed up.

2. He could have enjoyed a huge break whilst that ship was repaired.

3. Instead, he VOLUNTEERED for the craziest bunch of MF'ers in the sky with the Ornasky.

4. Then, he VOLUNTEERED to take lead on those crazy missions - rather than just biding his time.

5. As for 'tortured just like everyone else' - no. When he turned down the chance to leave, it was a HUGE PR hit for the VC.

They made him pay for it - through extraordinary (meaning more/worse than others) torture and solitary.

So no, he went beyond the pale. And, as for 'breaking'? Everyone else there is reported to have 'broken' as well - but he offered them shiit that was either common knowledge - or flat out wrong.

Like I said, it ain't Hollywood, but he ain't some idiot biitching that the ice cream machine doesn't work in 1999's

'Peace Dividend' military either.

Still wrong. Anyone that goes to war for me or this country. Exposes themselves to a 100000x greater chance of getting killed while I sip scotch and smoke a cigar is a hero to me.

Absolute b.s. that he isn't cause he was "dumb enough to get captured"