Sign in to follow this  
crackattack

MLB Playoffs!

Ratings will be half of what they would be if it were Dodgers/Yankees.

True, but I don't care about the ratings... Would much rather not see the Yankees with a chance on winning the title...

True, but I don't care about the ratings... Would much rather not see the Yankees with a chance on winning the title...

Kills me that RP isn't here to gloat. :(

Speaking of ratings, was kind of cool to see the top four populated cities represented, either way I think MLB would be happy

No way Houston is top 4 populated. 1/2 the people have no place to live still

Credit to the Dodgers. Just a solid, well run team.

Great pitching and Red Beard is just an amazing ball player.

They'd be more likeable if Puig wasn't such a twat.

Go Yanks

No way Houston is top 4 populated. 1/2 the people have no place to live still

:shocking: ........................................... :thumbsdown: ......................................... :nono: ......................................... :clap:

Holy shiit, what kind of odds could you have gotten against the Baby Bombers only scoring 1 run in two straight games?

Still makes me sick to see the Stros in the WS, but hard not to be happy for the crippled city of Houston and all my Stros fan friends. :thumbsup:

And to our GM (John Daniels) - Nolan is laughing at you, has his ass in the air waiting for you to fly down and kiss it. :lol:

A hell of a series! All said, im not sure the Astros are that much better than the Yankees, but I think overall, they are the better team. Kudos to them, now they move on to face the Dodgers in the World "I won't watch one minute of it" series.

A hell of a series! All said, im not sure the Astros are that much better than the Yankees, but I think overall, they are the better team. Kudos to them, now they move on to face the Dodgers in the World "I won't watch one minute of it" series.

Was. I mentioned in another thread Yanks out scored Astros 22-20. That is as close a series as you can get.

One game away from the world series for a team centered around rookies and guys in their early twenties. They Yanks are a good two years ahead of schedule. And that's great for the game of baseball.

The term "Baby Bombers" is the gayest term in all of baseball.

Cubbies and tigs would argue otherwise

Yankees :lol:

Woot!!!

GFB the Yankees getting beat...

:thumbsup:

Although with them being out now I have nobody to root against (or for) in the WS. Prolly won't watch a single pitch of it

Although with them being out now I have nobody to root against (or for) in the WS. Prolly won't watch a single pitch of it

poppycock

1 Los Angeles Dodgers $265,149,292
15 Houston Astros $149,964,163

I doubt I'll watch either. Houston made this one a yawner.

I won't be glued to the tv, but I will have the games on and watch a good part of it.

Especially Friday night, Darvish pitches in Houston.. As a Ranger, Yu dominated in Minute Maid Park - was damn near unhittable there - he loves it.

I will DVR every game and whether or not I hear the score, will FF through the games and watch the good stuff,.

I doubt I'll watch either. Houston made this one a yawner.

Only said by a Yankee fan or someone that doesn't know baseball...

Astros bullpen scares me, and they won't lose much by not using the DH, except for the one game from gattis, the DH has been a non factor for them.

I think it'll be Dodgers in 6

I speak for the majority of casual baseball fans. This will be watched by all Dodger fans, all Astros fans, and all huge baseball fans. What it doesn't do is draw the interest of the casual baseball fan.

The Astros aren't a team with many national fans. Highly regionalized. Certain pro teams, like the Steelers, Cowboys, Celtics, Lakers, Yankees....have a ton of national popularity. The Dodgers will get them decent ratings. But nationwide, there just isn't a lot of interest in the Dodgers and Astros.

I spank for the majority of casual baseball fans. This will be watched by all Dodger fans, all Astros fans, and all huge baseball fans. What it doesn't do is draw the interest of the casual baseball fan.

newbie, wrong as usual

Yeah, who wants to watch a team that hits a ton of home runs and doesn't strike out often.

Astros bullpen scares me, and they won't lose much by not using the DH, except for the one game from gattis, the DH has been a non factor for them.

I think it'll be Dodgers in 6

You're probably right. The Dodgers are just too good and that pitching staff is nasty.

Here are the ratings for past WS - since 1984........ No question, the ratings spike when the Yankees are in it.... Will be interesting to sew what kind of #'s this one draws - I'm guessing around 8, similar to a Royals WS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Series_television_ratings

I know that amongst people I hang out with and see on Facebook, there was a tremendous amount of baseball chatter these past three or four weeks. I don't think I've seen one or heard one thing about baseball since the Yanks were eliminated. If the Red Sox were the Dodgers' opponent, there would still be a buzz, although much more dim. But no one is saying a thing about the series.

I know that amongst people I hang out with and see on Facebook, there was a tremendous amount of baseball chatter these past three or four weeks. I don't think I've seen one or heard one thing about baseball since the Yanks were eliminated. If the Red Sox were the Dodgers' opponent, there would still be a buzz, although much more dim. But no one is saying a thing about the series.

They probably just deleted you as a friend

Yeah, who wants to watch a team that hits a ton of home runs and doesn't strike out often.

Exactly... Second in the majors in home runs (three behind the Yankees), least amount of strikeouts in the majors and the highest batting average in the majors along with the most runs scored...

Exactly... Second in the majors in home runs (three behind the Yankees), least amount of strikeouts in the majors and the highest batting average in the majors along with the most runs scored...

Bottom line. If you like and appreciate baseball, the WS is usually very entertaining regardless of who's playing.

Bottom line. If you like and appreciate baseball, the WS is usually very entertaining regardless of who's playing.

:pointstosky:

I'd give the Astros a shot, if they had HFA........but they don't, just don't see how they overcome the depth of LA... And like I said, Darvish pitches lights out in Minute Maid Park - bad news for the Stros 1st home game.