Sign in to follow this  
mighty_thor

Tom Brady greatness stat of the week

Again, may I present the AFC East.

No team has benefited more from playing against an absurdly and consistently incompetent division more than the Patriots.

Reminds me of Dallas' haydays back in the day. Take all three other teams in the NFC east and their combined records were consistently under 500.

I'm definitely not a Pats hater, just pointing out a fact. When six of your games are pretty much a gimme that's a pretty nice Head Start in the playoffs.

Well put Waffle. So true.

Again, may I present the AFC East.

No team has benefited more from playing against an absurdly and consistently incompetent division more than the Patriots.

Reminds me of Dallas' haydays back in the day. Take all three other teams in the NFC east and their combined records were consistently under 500.

I'm definitely not a Pats hater, just pointing out a fact. When six of your games are pretty much a gimme that's a pretty nice Head Start in the playoffs.

There were five teams in a division back in the '90s (except the AFC Central and NFL West), not four...

Weak divisions and Dynasty's go together. Steelers, 49r's, Cowboys also played in very weak divisions. But the AFC easts lack of competitiveness stands out.

the NFL has peaked... it is clearly shrinking and multiple factors hint at its eventual demise.

Brady goes down as the Greatest Player, Greatest QB, during the League's pinnacle. The game, the strategy, the training, the competition, the time, the investment in NFL has never been greater than it is (or was) today (or 2 years ago?). At the high point of football, Brady sits atop the mountain.

create, believe, debate all the sports drama and tabloid headlines that have surrounded NE... when you boil it down to simply "sports", Brady is the greatest to ever play.

Brady's Record Against All Divisions

- a snapshot of Brady's record when he reached 205 wins

- keep in mind, NE finishes in 1st place every year and continually draws top seed non-division opponents

Vs the AFC:
East: 70-20 (.778)
North: 29-7 (806)
South: 33-6 (846)
West: 23-14 (.622)

Vs. the NFC
East: 14-5 (.737)
North: 14-3 (.824)
South: 13-3 (.813)
West: 9-5 (.643)

If they go 5-1 every year versus the crap division, that means they average 7-3 to get to their average of 12-4. Again keeping in mind they are playing a first place schedule every year.

If they go 5-1 every year versus the crap division, that means they average 7-3 to get to their average of 12-4. Again keeping in mind they are playing a first place schedule every year.

they have a .800+ winning percentage against 4 other divisions. Do you realize no matter what division they were in, they would be 5 and 1 most years against their division?

Do better :mad:

• Like 1

they have a .800+ winning percentage against 4 other divisions. Do you realize no matter what division they were in, they would be 5 and 1 most years against their division?

Do better :mad:

No. Their non-divisional opponents vary year to year. Their divisional opponents are the same year to year. Here's the fact: the teams they play the most have pretty much sucked for the last 20 years. Deal with it.

They don't go 5-1 every year. The last five years they've gone 5-1 once, 4-2 three times, and 6-0 once. That's 23-7 in the division for a winning percentage of .77. Meanwhile they were 39-11 against the rest of the league for a winning percentage of .78. 2012 was the last time they ran the division. The last 7 years they have the same number of losses in the division as out - 7.

Tom Brady career records (regular season)

Ari (StL/Chi) Cardinals 1 1 .500
Atlanta Falcons 5 0 1.000
Baltimore Ravens 6 1 .857
Buffalo Bills 26 3 .896
Carolina Panthers 2 3 .400
Chicago Bears 4 0 1.000
Cincinnati Bengals 6 1 .857
Cleveland Browns 6 1 .857
Dallas Cowboys 4 0 1.000
Denver Broncos 7 6 .538
Detroit Lions 4 1 .800
Green Bay Packers 2 2 .500
Houston Texans 6 1 .857
Indianapolis (Bal) Colts 10 3 .77
Jacksonville Jaguars 5 0 1.000
Kansas City Chiefs 4 3 .571
Oakland (LA) Raiders 4 1 .800
Miami Dolphins 20 9 .69
Minnesota Vikings 4 0 1.000
New Orleans Saints 4 1 .800
New York Giants 3 1 .750
New York Jets 24 7 .774
Philadelphia Eagles 3 1 .750
Pittsburgh Steelers 7 2 .778
LA/ San Diego Chargers 6 2 .750
San Francisco 49ers 2 1 .667
Seattle Seahawks 1 2 .333
Los Angeles (SL/Cle) Rams 3 1 .750
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 4 0 1.000
Ten Titans/Hou Oilers 5 1 .833
Washington Redskins 3 1 .750

the AL EAST sucking argument is beyond comical.

try something else.

Gotta love the Pats fans. For years they have been telling Jets, Bills and Dolphins fans how their teams suck. Now that everyone agrees they act like it hasn't been beneficial to them. Lol.

Gotta love the Pats fans. For years they have been telling Jets, Bills and Dolphins fans how their teams suck. Now that everyone agrees they act like it hasn't been beneficial to them. Lol.

They do suck, just like your team :lol:

You hate facts don;t you

They don't go 5-1 every year. The last five years they've gone 5-1 once, 4-2 three times, and 6-0 once. That's 23-7 in the division for a winning percentage of .77. Meanwhile they were 39-11 against the rest of the league for a winning percentage of .78. 2012 was the last time they ran the division. The last 7 years they have the same number of losses in the division as out - 7.

His many times of those losses were the last game of the year and meant nothing, and the Pats didn't play their starters? Context please. Thanks.

His many times of those losses were the last game of the year and meant nothing, and the Pats didn't play their starters? Context please. Thanks.

keep digging

Knock yourself out. :thumbsup:

You hate facts don;t you

I'm winning. You should be putting me on ignore in 3,2....

Convincing stuff. :thumbsup:

he's never been good with facts. He'd rather troll by making it up.

he's never been good with facts. He'd rather troll by making it up.

Here's a fact: The AFC east has sucked for a long time. Chad Pennington is the second best QB in the division since 2001. Mark Sanchez 3rd. How do you like those facts? Lol.

Here's a fact: The AFC east has sucked for a long time. Chad Pennington is the second best QB in the division since 2001. Mark Sanchez 3rd. How do you like those facts? Lol.

They break down under the pressure knowing they're going to have to go 12-4 or 13-3 to have any shot at the division, not like those crappy divisions where 10-6 or 9-7 wins routinely.

They break down under the pressure knowing they're going to have to go 12-4 or 13-3 to have any shot at the division, not like those crappy divisions where 10-6 or 9-7 wins routinely.

:doublethumbsup:

1 out of 10

2-8. :lol:

Little late, it don't feel great, is it the 18-1 that brings out this Giant hate?

I thought the Cowboys were good, until the Eagles made Dak look like Quincy focking Carter. :overhead:

keep trying.,

you'll be less pathetic and think of something new. I KNOW YOU WILL!

Little late, it don't feel great, is it the 18-1 that brings out this Giant hate?

At least you're better than the Browns... I was going to say "and the 49ers" but then I remembered you lost to them. :first:

I thought the Cowboys were good, until the Eagles made Dak look like Quincy focking Carter. :overhead:

weren't you worried about that game?

how were your seats? MDigbyC

Pats are 8-2 by beating up on the AFC West (3-1) and NFC South (3-1) this year, but let's not let facts get in the way of a good story. :lol:

I'm glad you're a fan of fax. Post the AFC East cumulative record for the past 10 years not counting Patriots versus the AFC West cumulative record for the same time. Not counting the Broncos.

weren't you worried about that game?

how were your seats? MDigbyC

I was worried, especially at the half. Looks like I shouldnt have been too concerned - Dallas sucks. :pointstosky:

My seats were just fine. :clap:

I'm glad you're a fan of fax. Post the AFC East cumulative record for the past 10 years not counting Patriots versus the AFC West cumulative record for the same time. Not counting the Broncos.

why only 10 years and why leave out the broncos?

That's not facts, that is cherry picking to prove a point

I did 5 years,

Wins by AFC East teams not named the Patriots 108.

Wins by AFC West teams not named the Broncos 106.

Don't forget, this team, this qb is doing this in the salary cap era.

Just amazing, greatest dynasty in sports history and it's not even close. The system was designed to prevent this kind of greatness, yet there tom and bill are, tearing the record books a new ass hole despite all the odds against them.

Simply amazing. We are all lucky to get to witness this.

:first: