Sign in to follow this  
oubeats23

keeper help

We have a $100 salary cap. We can keep as many or few players we want, as long as we don't exceed the $100. Which of the following should I keep? Thanks in advance!

QB Matt Hasselbeck $20

RB Edgerrin James $50

RB Willie Parker $20

RB Thomas Jones $20

RB Domanick Davis $50

RB Samkon Gado $25

WR Torry Holt $20

WR Terrell Owens $20

WR Randy Moss $30

WR Andre Johnson $35

TE Alge Crumpler $05

K Jeff Wilkins $05

Is the $100 cap only for your keepers or for your entire squad? It would seem like only for your keepers. If that is the case... I would probably keep: James,Parker,Holt,Crumpler, & Wilkins

yes, $100 cap for just our keepers. I should also mention that I have RB - Chris Brown on IR. Since I put him on IR, I get to keep him for free next season.

This is pretty interesting scenario and I would do this:

Keep Owens and Holt for 20 a piece

Keep Hasselback for 20

Keep FWP and TJ for 20 Each and you get to Keep Brown for free

6 guys 100 dollars

1 QB (Possibly top 5)

2 Top 5 WR

3 Meh Running backs but with any luck you get one to break out....i would pay later for another running back

$100 exactly!

QB Matt Hasselbeck $20

RB Willie Parker $20

RB Thomas Jones $20

WR Torry Holt $20

WR Terrell Owens $20

QB Matt Hasselbeck $20

RB Edgerrin James $50

RB Willie Parker $20

or

RB Thomas Jones $20

RB Domanick Davis $50

RB Samkon Gado $25

WR Torry Holt $20

WR Terrell Owens $20

WR Randy Moss $30

WR Andre Johnson $35

TE Alge Crumpler $05

K Jeff Wilkins $05

i'm doing something a little different since you already have Chrissy Brown on IR who should be a functional #2 RB for at least 4 or 5 games this year until he gets injured.

I'm keeping 3 of the top 6 WRs in the game, and then making the choice between Parker & TJones depending on how the situation in CHI starts playing out for the starter position.

then Alge and Wilkins are just thrown in there to spend the last $10, Alge is a top 5 TE, and keep Wilkins just so you don't have to worry about drafting one...

obviously, this would also work out alot better if you have a top pick so you can get an RB back (obviously Edge and DD will be available), hopefully some of the other guys will be out there as well...

Some may say this is suicide since you're not keeping a #1 or #2 RB, but i don't think so. Owens, Holt, and RMoss are ALL easily 2nd Rd. picks at worst and all function as #1s - so you will easily have the best WR squad in the league. By keeping Parker and CBrown you should already have your #2/3 RB position covered, and then just have to get another 2 #2 RBs in the draft (unless you can get a #1 & 2). Put all that together and you get a kick arse squad.

If you keep both Parker and TJones along w/ Hass. instead of one of the WRs, you're still only getting #2 RBs, and you're losing a #1 WR. So why not stick w/ the best talent you have and have the odds of being able to maintain your RB level...

I would do it this way:

Edge $50

Holt $20

TO $20

Alge $5

Wilkins $5

You can land a QB in the draft (perhaps even Hass). Keep the stud RB to pair with Brown.

Good luck! :wall:

I agree with Ainsley.

Crumpler, Owens, and Holt are absolute steals (especially compared to the other WR on your roster). Edge gives you mid to late first round talent and Wilkins rounds out the $5 you have left. You could even potentially draft one of the four backs that you let loose as your second.

thanks for everyone's input...i will always take more, too. i have gone back and forth on these scenarios as well. i like the fact that i could keep moss, owens, and holt....but then i think about keeping the stud rb. i'm down to either:

keep edge, holt, owens, crumpler, wilkins

or

fwp/tj, owens, holt, moss, crumpler, wilkins

I am leaning towards the edge, holt, owens, crumpler, wilkins. the reasoning is quite simple. I pick 9th out of 10 (i have picks 9 and 12). i feel that i can get those other guys in scenario 2 in the draft....but at pick 9 at 12 there is no way Edge falls to me. I don't get to keep as many players is the bad part, but i need to also put the best starting lineup out there possible. last year, would you not have traded moss and fwp for edge?? yes, you would...so that is probably what i will go for. Good luck to everyone!! Thanks again!!

fwp, owens, holt, moss, crumpler, wilkins

That is what I would take.I can see fwp for Jones.Edge more of a risk this year than your WRs.Plus he cost the most and your WRs would be settin pretty.