Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Look-Alike Players 2013: Randall Cobb vs. Victor Cruz**

25 members have voted

1. 1. Redraft: Randall Cobb or Victor Cruz?

• Randall Cobb
    • Victor Cruz

It's time for another summer of Look-Alike Player threads...if you're new to the Board, every two days during the summer, I will try to post a thread that lists two players who are very close in value in redraft situations. Simply vote for the player you feel should be drafted first and then add comments about your selection if you would like.

This is non-PPR for Look-Alike matchups that involve RBs, WRs, or TEs. Just standard point for every 10 yards and 6 for TDs.

The sixth Look-Alike Matchup for this summer is: Randall Cobb vs. Victor Cruz

Results of other Matchups so far:

Stevan Ridley over DeMarco Murray, 19-5.

Larry Fitzgerald over Roddy White, 12-11.

Torrey Smith over Mike Wallace, 12-5.

Matt Ryan over Tom Brady, 14-5.

C.J. Spiller leads LeSean McCoy, 8-7...

I took Randall Cobb. He looks to be a lock for 90+ catches.

Cruz got his contract. I'm a little apprehensive these days of drafting players after they get their money.

Not sure if I'll take either one in 3rd round, though.

Well if it's for non-ppr only I guess that eliminates about half the guys who would comment on here who play in ppr right?

This is a good one: two guys who operate out of the slot on a large percentage of snaps, but have very different games. Cruz has shown a better knack for a wide variety of routes, whereas Cobb mostly works close to the line of scrimmage and gets looks out of the backfield as a runner, too. I'm fond of both, but have Cruz ranked a little higher for this year. Eli had a pretty rough year last season but still managed to get Cruz to almost 1100 yards. We've already seen that Cruz has potential to be a 1500+ yard performer, whereas I think Cobb may lack enough opportunities to have that sort of upside with Nelson as the big play guy. I like both guys for about 80 catches, but I think Cruz can do a bit more with them.

I think you definitely go with Cobb. Cruz has lost some of my confidence over the last year or so and he's got to earn it back. I still have Cruz ranked high, but not nearly as high as Cobb.

I'm going with Victor Cruz on this one. He's got a wider arrange of routes in his repertoire than Cobb & Eli looks his way often. Too many mouths to feed in Green Bay but I guess we could say the same for the Giants as well.

Just haven't seen enough of Cobb yet, imo.

Its really a tough call between these two. I like both of them this year. They each have their own strengths. Cobb does a lot more when it comes to situations hes put in but Cruz has less competition. Either one is a good choice but if I had to pick then I'd take Cobb.

I'm going with Victor Cruz on this one. He's got a wider arrange of routes in his repertoire than Cobb & Eli looks his way often. Too many mouths to feed in Green Bay but I guess we could say the same for the Giants as well.

Just haven't seen enough of Cobb yet, imo.

Too many mouths to feed is a huge crock in most cases. Mouths like jermichael finly, a bust TE? Jordy, a flash in the pan white guy? jones a possession wr? Cobb is the mouth to feed.

Godo one here, I got Cruz by a TD, but that really means it's just a toss up.

Cobb probably a little higher upside