Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Adam Jones claims a Boston fan called him a nagger "a handful of times"

A fan was thrown out for throwing a bag og peanuts at him. Fact

He claims he heard the world nagger a "handful of times" - I have my doubts

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/05/01/orioles-adam-jones-berated-racist-taunts-fenway-park-peanuts/101187172/

Orioles' Adam Jones berated by racist taunts at Fenway Park
BOSTON -- Baltimore Orioles All-Star center fielder Adam Jones was berated by racist taunts at Fenway Park while a bag of peanuts was thrown at him Monday night, calling it one of the worst cases of fan abuse he has heard in his career.
“A disrespectful fan threw a bag of peanuts at me,’’ Jones said, “I was called the N-word a handful of times tonight. Thanks. Pretty awesome.’’
Jones, one of just 62 African-Americans on opening-day rosters this year, said he has been subjected to racist hecklings in the past at Fenway Park, but said“It’s different,’’ he said. “Very unfortunate. I heard there was 59 or 60 ejections tonight in the ballpark. It is what it is, right. I just go out and play baseball. It’s unfortunate that people need to resort to those type of epithets to degrade another human being. I’m trying to make a living for myself and for my family.
“It’s unfortunate. The best thing about myself is that I continue to move on, and still play the game hard. Let people be who they are. Let them show their true colors.’’
Red Sox officials confirmed to USA TODAY Sports that a fan threw a bag of peanuts at Jones, and was ejected from the ballpark. They were investigating the total amount of people who were ejected from the game, but believed it was about half the amount for a variety of violations.
Jones was grateful the fan was caught who threw the bag of peanuts toward him into the dugout, but wishes the punishment was much more severe.
“It’s pathetic,’’ he said. “It’s called a coward. What they need to do is that instead of kicking them out of the stadium, they need to fine them 10 grand, 20 grand, 30 grand. Something that really hurts somebody. Make them pay in full. And if they don’t, take it out of their check.
“That’s how you hurt somebody. You suspend them from the stadium, what does that mean? It’s a slap on the wrist. That guy needs to be confronted, and he needs to pay for what he’s done.
“At the end of the day, when you throw an object onto the field of play, the player has no idea what it is. What if something hit me right in the eye and I can’t play baseball anymore. Then what? I just wear it? No.
“Things like that need to be handled a little more properly, in my opinion.’’ this was one of the worst experiences of his 12-year career.

Yeah Yeah, Boston is a racist city, we get it. Not anymore racist than any other city.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/05/01/orioles-adam-jones-berated-racist-taunts-fenway-park-peanuts/101187172/

Yeah Yeah, Boston is a racist city, we get it. Not anymore racist than any other city.

But from a sports fan perspective it is full of more a-holes per capita than any city besides Philadelphia. :dunno:

First part is correct. Second part is bullsh1t

This younger generation fails to acknowledge the strides that have been made in Boston as far as racism. They're down to just saying things now. Progress

I thought this was going to be about Pacman Jones and I was going to say - he is. :ninja:

I would of thought there were more then 62 of them colored people in baseball.

:dunno:

I thought this was going to be about Pacman Jones and I was going to say - he is. :ninja:

I would of thought there were more then 62 of them colored people in baseball.

:dunno:

if we are going color of skin, it must be a lot closer to 1/2 and 1/2

Funny how this type of thing is never caught on camera. No proof. Just a pissedd off player from a rival team popping off and playing the race card. You can 100% tell that Adam Jones feels like he is a victim all the time.

Funny how this type of thing is never caught on camera. No proof. Just a pissedd off player from a rival team popping off and playing the race card. You can 100% tell that Adam Jones feels like he is a victim all the time.

everything is caught on a camera nowadays, 'cept racial slurs being hurled at athletes.

Lets be real. If someone dipshit yells "nagger" loud enough for an athlete to hear him.

you don't think everyone around is going to have the cameras pinned on this guy waiting for him to yell it again?

Adam Jones said he heard it a "handful of times"

yet there is no proof :sleep:

wasn't there some clown reporter at a Bills game this year that claimed someone was yelling nagger at players?

Emotional game last night from a fan perspective, awful weather, high % of drunkies. Unfortunate conduct from an idiot(s). Doesn't mean Boston is any worse than anywhere else

1 Boston definitely has a racist rep.

2 North African soccer players around the world have had to dodge literal bananas being thrown at them whilst on the pitch for years now.

3 cracks me up. Fans can say the most heinous s*** about people's Mothers Daughters you name it just awful horrible horrific s***. But one word and these guys start crying? F you. Man up. You think Robinson didn't have it a lot worse?

Boston has a racist rep and I do hear people in bars spewing their racist crap, but I have been to lots of games and I have never heard the N word used. I have a hard time believing that a guy used the term multiple times in a sold out park without someone nearby telling him to STFU or getting an usher to remove him.

2 North African soccer players around the world have had to dodge literal bananas being thrown at them whilst on the pitch for years now.

In fairness, it saved them from having to climb trees for them :dunno:

Boston has a racist rep and I do hear people in bars spewing their racist crap,

Oh, absolutely. 100%

Played in a card game a couple weeks ago and the racist sh1t people say is amazing (no n word)

that is in private,

There is NO way someone yelled nagger at Fenway loud enough for that clown to hear him,

Yea, I call bullsh!t on this one. Plus, Jones is a bit of a hot head, great way to get the attention off him.. Cry racism.

Gonna need to hear proof, everything is caught on film these days.

Yea, I call bullsh!t on this one. Plus, Jones is a bit of a hot head, great way to get the attention off him.. Cry racism.

Gonna need to hear proof, everything is caught on film these days.

Agreed

But you know Stephen A Smith and Don Lemon are sporting huge wood right now.

Agreed

But you know Stephen A Smith and Don Lemon are sporting huge wood right now.

Bomaini Jones and Den LebRetard too

3 cracks me up. Fans can say the most heinous s*** about people's Mothers Daughters you name it just awful horrible horrific s***. But one word and these guys start crying? F you. Man up. You think Robinson didn't have it a lot worse?

It has it from the school bussing from the 60's, and the Bill Russell stuff.... Its from over 50 years ago.

Boston is the liberal capital of a liberal state with the best liberal universities in the country. It is a hard blue state and has been for decades...

But sure, call out Boston as the symbol of racist cities :rollseyes:

It has it from the school bussing from the 60's, and the Bill Russell stuff.... Its from over 50 years ago.

Boston is the liberal capital of a liberal state with the best liberal universities in the country. It is a hard blue state and has been for decades...

But sure, call out Boston as the symbol of racist cities :rollseyes:

I can't speak to racism in MA, but I heard just as much over the top racist sh!t in NYC and CT as I did in OK, TX and GA.

I can't speak to racism in MA, but I heard just as much over the top racist sh!t in NYC and CT as I did in OK, TX and GA.

NY is much more racist than people know. And it's extremely segregated. But you won't hear the swells saying that's a problem, even though it's quite evident. Liberal hypocrites.

It sounds like most of us agree that Adam Jones is lying in the first place. So, no need to get lost on which city is most racist based upon made up racism.

Agree with this.

One thing I will say about Boston, having spent a lot of time there, is that it's far whiter / less diverse than any other east coast city I've been to so if imagine people up there are more comfortable being racist. And Boston has had a rep fr being racist toward athletes for decades.

Can't speak to this case though.

The Boston Red Sox released a statement confirming racial epitaphs were used.

Don't let that stop the white power convention in this thread though.

• Like 1

The Boston Red Sox released a statement confirming racial epitaphs were used.

Don't let that stop the white power convention in this thread though.

:lol:

you expected them to say otherwise and call him a liar :doh:

stop it, please.

they confirmed someone threw a bag of peanuts.

That's not confirming anything you fraud, other than peanuts were thrown.

nice try though

That's not confirming anything you fraud, other than peanuts were thrown.

nice try though

Ahh. So it confirms the first part but the second part isn't. Focking moron

Ahh. So it confirms the first part but the second part isn't.

exactly

reading not your strong suit?

It was just Sully getting in their heads, supporting the team. Not a big deal

exactly

reading not your strong suit?

It's clearly not yours bigot

With today's technology surely there's a video

naaa. Just take his word for it.

It's all them damn drunk Irish Micks I tell ya.

With today's technology surely there's a video

:thumbsup:

I can vouch for the accuracy of this post.

Shouldn't they have thrown brazil nuts? :ninja:

I know it's played out, but I can't take black people seriously when the word that is so intolerable to hear is littered within their culture.

I know it's played out, but I can't take black people seriously when the word that is so intolerable to hear is littered within their culture.

do as I say, not as I do.

that is an American staple

Are there any other kinds?

Are there any other kinds?

Jagger? :dunno: