Sign in to follow this  
phan a tic

I just couldn't let it go

Years ago I had a friend. Not a best buddy but one of about 10 or so in a group at that time.

Whenever I was around him, he spoke glowingly about me. Whenever I wasn't around, he'd talk sh!t about me. Maybe a secret, maybe something embarrassing but usually mean spirited. He told one girl I was chasing that I had a VD (not true). Told another group that I had sex with my sister (also not true).

Finally I stopped hanging around him but he continued to bad mouth me to many people behind my back. I had never done anything to him at all. Matter of fact, I had covered his drinks tab on more than one occasion.

Now I'm an old guy and friends begin to die. This particular guy caught the cancer and was within weeks of expiring. He sent word that he wanted me to visit him. I did this past Thursday.

He asked if I would hold his hand. I didn't. He said he didn't blame me for all the stuff he had done and that he only did those things because he was jealous. And he said it'd mean an awfully lot if I'd forgive him. He actually said he didn't want to carry that weight into the after life.

For a few minutes I just sat there and finally it all came out.

I told him I'd be more than happy to forgive him IF IT DIDN'T HAPPEN ON HIS DEATH BED !

And then I said he'd not only have to carry that weight BUT throughout eternity, he'd be burning in hell.

And I left.

He died Monday.

Years ago I had a friend. Not a best buddy but one of about 10 or so in a group at that time.

Whenever I was around him, he spoke glowingly about me. Whenever I wasn't around, he'd talk sh!t about me. Maybe a secret, maybe something embarrassing but usually mean spirited. He told one girl I was chasing that I had a VD (not true). Told another group that I had sex with my sister (also not true).

Finally I stopped hanging around him but he continued to bad mouth me to many people behind my back. I had never done anything to him at all. Matter of fact, I had covered his drinks tab on more than one occasion.

Now I'm an old guy and friends begin to die. This particular guy caught the cancer and was within weeks of expiring. He sent word that he wanted me to visit him. I did this past Thursday.

He asked if I would hold his hand. I didn't. He said he didn't blame me for all the stuff he had done and that he only did those things because he was jealous. And he said it'd mean an awfully lot if I'd forgive him. He actually said he didn't want to carry that weight into the after life.

For a few minutes I just sat there and finally it all came out.

I told him I'd be more than happy to forgive him IF IT DIDN'T HAPPEN ON HIS DEATH BED !

And then I said he'd not only have to carry that weight BUT throughout eternity, he'd be burning in hell.

And I left.

He died Monday.

Now you're the a$$hole, congrats.

• Like 1

He's dead, there's no afterlife, it doesn't matter. You did the right thing by talking trash, Fock him.

Ok but seriously it's big of him to,want to apologize. It's blood from a stone usually just getting acknowledgement of guilt from those types.

Just wondering why this guys ass was not kicked long ago? What he was doing goes beyond talking smack. VD? Incest? You needed to lump him up.

Did he leave behind an old lady you could throw a fock into? I think that's the way to go.

as this was on his deathbed, this was a pretty selfish act. i do not think it was about making amends with you.... he was trying to clear his ledger.

you were there...only you and he know how earnest the apology was and really, forgiveness is up to you. You are justified either way.

I would probably forgive him for something like that, because there is a chance I may really regret not forgiving him. Highly doubtful I would regret actually forgiving him.

Even if this story were true, does being the bigger doosh in a situation like this really make one swell with pride?

His apology was for selfish reasons, which is why he never apologized before. Thats not a sincere apology.

Fock him

He will now haunt you for the rest of your days, have fun with that :wave: