Sign in to follow this  
biglou

Keeper League Help

My league is a little funny. We can keep up to 3 players from our team last year. The trick is, you lose a draft pick for each player kept. So if I don't keep anyone I get a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick. If I keep one player I lose the 1st and so on.

My dilema is this, I have three great running back. I have Shaun Alexander, Edge, and Lamont Jordan. Alexander is a lock, and I'm pretty much sold on Edge. Is Lamont Jorday worth my 3rd round pick. I won't be picking until the 4th round to start on QB's and WR's. The scoring is standard but we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1 K, 2 DEF, 1 WR/RB and 1 WR/TE. So as you can see in my league, WR's are a little more valuable.

Thanks for your help guys, I'll answer yours.

My league is a little funny. We can keep up to 3 players from our team last year. The trick is, you lose a draft pick for each player kept. So if I don't keep anyone I get a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick. If I keep one player I lose the 1st and so on.

My dilema is this, I have three great running back. I have Shaun Alexander, Edge, and Lamont Jordan. Alexander is a lock, and I'm pretty much sold on Edge. Is Lamont Jorday worth my 3rd round pick. I won't be picking until the 4th round to start on QB's and WR's. The scoring is standard but we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1TE, 1 K, 2 DEF, 1 WR/RB and 1 WR/TE. So as you can see in my league, WR's are a little more valuable.

Thanks for your help guys, I'll answer yours.

I'd say it's as much a question of what your competition is going to do. If the majority (how many teams in your league?) keep 2 players, you're really looking at a 1-round penalty. To me, Jordan's valuable enough (ADP 1.07) to keep and take the risk of missing out on the 1 or 2 "surefire" receivers that may be left unprotected for drafting.

If Owens, CJ, Harrison, Steve Smith are all protected, you have to ask, "do I see a big enough difference in the next 5 guys to give up Jordan?" I wouldn't. Same with QBs.

Biglou,

What are the scoring rules for your league? This will help get you a better answer. Lamont is getting drafted in the top ten of most re-drafts so he's worth it if you just didn't start 2 WRs.

Without knowing your rules, I would say if you keep Jordan you can use him to trade for a stud WR laterif you know how many of the big guns at the WR position will be kept and don't think you'll have a shot to land one.

If there are going to be a fair amount of RBs kept which would be easier to guess based on your scoring system, that might be a different story. Also based on previous years, how often did teams keep three players? You might look at your previous drafts to see if you can reasonably predict if a stud WR will come your way if you keep 3 RBs...

I'd say it's as much a question of what your competition is going to do. If the majority (how many teams in your league?) keep 2 players, you're really looking at a 1-round penalty. To me, Jordan's valuable enough (ADP 1.07) to keep and take the risk of missing out on the 1 or 2 "surefire" receivers that may be left unprotected for drafting.

If Owens, CJ, Harrison, Steve Smith are all protected, you have to ask, "do I see a big enough difference in the next 5 guys to give up Jordan?" I wouldn't. Same with QBs.

all those RB's are gone in the first round. I also think it is really a question of what everyone else is doing. Are most people keeping three guys? If a lot of them are keeping two, you still keep him, in my mind. Worst case scenario, you can trade him to someone that drafts a bunch of WR's first.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=207512

all those RB's are gone in the first round. I also think it is really a question of what everyone else is doing. Are most people keeping three guys? If a lot of them are keeping two, you still keep him, in my mind. Worst case scenario, you can trade him to someone that drafts a bunch of WR's first.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=207512

Hey guys leave me a link and I'll answer yours. Also, the scoring goes as follows. 4pt passing TD, 6pt rushing/recieving TD, 1pt every 20 passing yards, 1pt every 10 rushing/recieving yards.

I would keep all three. I like the idea of being able to start three first round RB's and draft some midlevel talent at WR (Horn/Stallworth, A. Johnson, Derrick Mason) and still get a decent QB in the later rounds. That would be a pretty scary team to have to face.

This is a no brainer for me. Keep all three. I know ppr leagues could change this thinking, but you have three first round talent rbs you can start. If I read your rules right, you can start all three and have to start three wrs or a combo of two plus a TE. Go three or four wrs in a row and dont think twice. While you are scrambling for wrs...other owners will be looking for that third rb, so you should be alright. Good luck

This is a no brainer for me. Keep all three. I know ppr leagues could change this thinking, but you have three first round talent rbs you can start. If I read your rules right, you can start all three and have to start three wrs or a combo of two plus a TE. Go three or four wrs in a row and dont think twice. While you are scrambling for wrs...other owners will be looking for that third rb, so you should be alright. Good luck

I would keep all three. Build your team around them and you'll be fine!

Thanks guys, keep the help coming you all are great. If you leave a link for yours, I'll repost. There is a small chance that Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Bolding will be there. I know Moss, TO, and Larry Johnson will be gone. Any ideas on QB sleepers?

anytime you can have 3 first round guys on your team, i'd run with it...

I have to agree with everyone else - you've gotta keep all three. I'm not even sure Jordan won't be a more productive back than Edge either.

However, if you're really not comfortable without a QB or WR until round 4, another option , if it's permissible, is to try and trade one of those backs for a stud WR.