Sign in to follow this  
jdon

Off season trades - post draft edition

Another trade, same league as before (12 team, 24 man rosters, 0.5 ppr).

Give: J. Charles, T. Rawls, B. Cooks, A. Hurns

Receive: Julio, pick 2.9, pick 4.9

Only starter I'm losing is Charles, leaves me with C.J. Anderson, K. Benjamin, and G. Tate as my top bench guys / back-ups.

Gimme the Cooks and White side any day

:thumbsup:

Traded Tony Romo for Justin Hardy

Good luck to you. I think I like Brees and Romo better than your return. If I was a little worried about age, depending on where you draft, maybe gone after Goff. Or even wait another year. We got 2 pretty good QB's coming out next year. (1 I really like). But we're all different.

Need some other opinions. I like to talk through things with a neutral party. Standard scoring, 3 keepers that were drafted after round 5. Won the 12 man league last year, so I'm drafting 12th.

1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 (TE/RB/QB) Flex, 1 TE, Def, K.

I'm currently planning to keep Freeman, David Johnson, and Matt Jones.

Another owner planning to keep D. Parker, K. White, and E. Decker is really trying to get M. Jones. I'm not crazy in love with Jones and I'd be ok swapping a WR for him but the market is pretty cold except for this guy. I'm leaning towards this trade. I think it gives me more balance to go BPA at the 12/13 turn. If I start my roster with 3 RBs, I'll feel unbalanced unless I take WR/WR at the turn, as it currently stands. Thoughts?

Matt Jones + 15th (last round to even picks out)

For

D. Parker + an 8th

I truly think that Freeman will take a hit in standard leagues .

Need some other opinions. I like to talk through things with a neutral party. Standard scoring, 3 keepers that were drafted after round 5. Won the 12 man league last year, so I'm drafting 12th.

Another owner planning to keep D. Parker, K. White, and E. Decker is really trying to get M. Jones. I'm not crazy in love with Jones and I'd be ok swapping a WR for him but the market is pretty cold except for this guy. I'm leaning towards this trade. I think it gives me more balance to go BPA at the 12/13 turn. If I start my roster with 3 RBs, I'll feel unbalanced unless I take WR/WR at the turn, as it currently stands. Thoughts?

For

D. Parker + an 8th

Yeah I'd do that. Not huge on Parker because his qb sucks, but Matthews was pretty good last year. He just wasn't consistent.

I think Coleman is going to be used more after as the first and second down rb .

In ppr league I would trade for Parker , but not in a standard league .

I dealt Jimmy Garappolo and Jordan Matthews for 2 2017 first rounders. I believe both those picks could even net me the first and second picks in years draft. I would say, absolute worst case scenario both would be top 3 picks ( both picks are from perenial basement dwellers)

I still have a really good/young team. And now have 5 first rounders for next year, and couldn't be more happier. I think next years draft could be the best one for fantasy purposes across the board we've ever seen. I think we will have studs at QB, TE, WR, and many studs at RB. All that, and I'm still not even sure what position Christian McCaffery will even play.

• Like 1

I'd prefer K White over D Parker gstorguy, but either of them for Jones is a good deal for you.

I dealt Jimmy Garappolo and Jordan Matthews for 2 2017 first rounders. I believe both those picks could even net me the first and second picks in years draft. I would say, absolute worst case scenario both would be top 3 picks ( both picks are from perenial basement dwellers)

And that guy probably wonders why he is always at the bottom of the standings.

Welllll, if Jmatth hits his stride I think 2 firsts for him would eventually look like a good deal. Though as his value currently stands, yes two firsts for him was too much.

Did Garrappolo actually have value in this trade or was he just a throw in? No reason to think Brady is retiring any less than three years from now.

Welllll, if Jmatth hits his stride I think 2 firsts for him would eventually look like a good deal. Though as his value currently stands, yes two firsts for him was too much.

Did Garrappolo actually have value in this trade or was he just a throw in? No reason to think Brady is retiring any less than three years from now.

I took him off waivers at the end of the season, been looking to get anything at all for him. The actual deal we've been sitting on was Matthews for those 2 firsts. Came back a week later and said Garappolo too.

? Ok

Couldn't hit except fast enough.

The guy makes about 20 trades a year. Definitely the most active owner we got. But yeah, I think thats his fun. Just trade trade trade.

I took him off waivers at the end of the season, been looking to get anything at all for him. The actual deal we've been sitting on was Matthews for those 2 firsts. Came back a week later and said Garappolo too.

? Ok

Couldn't hit except fast enough.

In a dynasty league??

In a dynasty league??

Yup. 12 team league, 24 man rosters, 3 person I.R. At the end of the season. I went through the waivers top to bottom. Garappolo was the only guy out there I thought I could get anything for, even if it was just a late third rounder. Figured at worst, I just drop him.

And I still really like Matthews. But he was a backup for me, so for what I think are guaranteed top picks. It was an easy call. At least for me, looking at next years draft.

Yup. 12 team league, 24 man rosters, 3 person I.R. At the end of the season. I went through the waivers top to bottom. Garappolo was the only guy out there I thought I could get anything for, even if it was just a late third rounder. Figured at worst, I just drop him.

And I still really like Matthews. But he was a backup for me, so for what I think are guaranteed top picks. It was an easy call. At least for me, looking at next years draft.

Matthews is like a top 5 round player in startups. The dude obviously has talent... odd that he would be in the waiver wire.

Matthews is like a top 5 round player in startups. The dude obviously has talent... odd that he would be in the waiver wire.

No, Garappolo was the guy I grabbed on waivers hoping to just get anything for him. I had already had Matthews on my team as a backup wr. Sorry for the mixup.

I still have a really good/young team. And now have 5 first rounders for next year, and couldn't be more happier. I think next years draft could be the best one for fantasy purposes across the board we've ever seen. I think we will have studs at QB, TE, WR, and many studs at RB. All that, and I'm still not even sure what position Christian McCaffery will even play.

Not to be rude but find a competitive league. Perennial bottom dwellers stay on the bottom perennially by making trades like those. Frankly, I couldn't sleep at night if I were fleecing dunderheads like that.

My hope this offseason was to get younger and sell some of the older vets on my team while they had some value. Here are the trades I've agreed to this spring/summer:

I give: Tony Romo

I get: 2.04 (Paul Perkins)

I give: Matt Forte

I get: Ryan Tannehill, Jarvis Landry and 3.04 (Marshaun Coprich)

I give: C.J. Anderson, Ronnie Hillman and Julian Edelman

I get: Lamar Miller and Donald Brown

My hope this offseason was to get younger and sell some of the older vets on my team while they had some value. Here are the trades I've agreed to this spring/summer:

I give: Matt Forte

I get: Ryan Tannehill, Jarvis Landry and 3.04 (Marshaun Coprich)

I give: C.J. Anderson, Ronnie Hillman and Julian Edelman

I get: Lamar Miller and Donald Brown

Wow that's a lot for Forte. I have been curious what his value is in dynasty.

Wow that's a lot for Forte. I have been curious what his value is in dynasty.

Yeah, I thought so too, but I know the other owner has been pursuing him since he joined the league last year. I don't know if that is a realistic haul for Forte in most leagues. I tried trading him last offseason for a late-first or early-second and couldn't get a bite.

This year has been a Back to the Future one for me in this league. I regretted not accepting trades for Landry and Miller last year, yet they find their way on my teams this year using guys I wanted to deal away.

Here is an interesting one that went down in one of my leagues today. I am in no way involved.

team A gets Ezekiel Elliot

team B gets Todd Gurley

Here is an interesting one that went down in one of my leagues today. I am in no way involved.

team B gets Todd Gurley

Team A got played.

• Like 1

team B gets Todd Gurley

Does seem like a odd trade to me. Team A a cowboys fan maybe?

Gurley is gonna be playing on grass, rather than 8 home games on that dreaded St. Louis turf. He got better in this off-season just from that.

I would trade for Zeke if I own Gurley .

I'll take Zeek over Gurley. The Rams are a mess.

The Rams have their quarterback situation locked for the next five years. That alone should substantially improve their offense, considering they were rolling out Nick Foles and Case Keenum in those games.

Additionally, for as big of a mess as they were, Gurley had the fewest carries of any running back that topped 1,000 yards last season. Imagine what might happen now that defenses are going to have to actually respect the signal caller. And as I mentioned, the change from turf to grass should significantly lessen the wear and tear on his legs. From a dynasty standpoint, that's a significant offseason change IMO.

This is the same type of argument that was being made last offseason and the one prior about the Jaguars and the Raiders.

Zeke number one for me , and oh yea it's not even close .

For

D. Parker + an 8th

I don't do keeper leagues, and would take 12 and 1 on the turn every year in an open. But if u could land any decent Wrs in a trade, u could go RB-RB in the draft since wrs will be taken alot before it gets to you..Just something for you to look into on who you may end up with if u did things this way.

Zeke number one for me , and oh yea it's not even close .

I'm not sure how David Johnson got put into this, but why not.

You would really take Zeke over Gurley or Johnson, no questions asked?

The Rams have their quarterback situation locked for the next five years. That alone should substantially improve their offense, considering they were rolling out Nick Foles and Case Keenum in those games.

Additionally, for as big of a mess as they were, Gurley had the fewest carries of any running back that topped 1,000 yards last season. Imagine what might happen now that defenses are going to have to actually respect the signal caller. And as I mentioned, the change from turf to grass should significantly lessen the wear and tear on his legs. From a dynasty standpoint, that's a significant offseason change IMO.

This is the same type of argument that was being made last offseason and the one prior about the Jaguars and the Raiders.

I'm not a believer in Goff. He will turn into an average/above average starter but I don't think he's that much better in year 1 than the junk they started last year.

It's an interesting comparison to me. Both players have elite talent in college, and Gurley has proven it will translate. 1 is a diamond in a pile of . The other has the road paved for him, he just needs to produce.

From that I say that I am a believer in zeek, I'm a believer in that offensive line, and I think the Cowboys have a situation that's good for multiple years.

Zeke looks great, he could be the next.... Tshimanga "Tim" Biakabutuka.

Let the man at least play a pre-season game before deciding he's the next Barry.

Zeke looks great, he could be the next.... Tshimanga "Tim" Biakabutuka.

Let the man at least play a pre-season game before deciding he's the next Barry.

Don't have that luxury in FF. If you want him, hang your balls out and take him.

In real life I agree.

Nobody talks about Alf anymore, i might be able to get him at the end of the draft.

Didn't Alf just die? I used to watch that show as a kid.

• Like 1