Sign in to follow this  
penultimatestraw

Bad nursing home behavior

Imagine if was reversed? Bunch of white nurses laughing at and ignoring a black veteran? Lead story everywhere.

Good God man, delete this before wiff sees it! This could push him over the top. :o

Yeah, it's my experience taught me anything with my dad or my mom it is that people look at hospitals and nursing homes as an alternative to Elder Care. It is not. When you have a loved one in any sort of institutional setting, you need to be ever Vigilant, you have to be the pain in the ass advocate for someone who can't advocate for themselves.

Too many people just want to shove their loved ones in a box sign the paperwork and assuage their guilt. It doesn't work that way. These caregivers literally have left their job at Chili's to come and do this for a living.

You can do your best, you can do your homework, but you and you alone are the only invested advocate. You can't forget that.

• Like 2

Yeah, it's my experience taught me anything with my dad or my mom it is that people look at hospitals and nursing homes as an alternative to Elder Care. It is not. When you have a loved one in any sort of institutional setting, you need to be ever Vigilant, you have to be the pain in the ass advocate for someone who can't advocate for themselves.

Too many people just want to shove their loved ones in a box sign the paperwork and assuage their guilt. It doesn't work that way. These caregivers literally have left their job at Chili's to come and do this for a living.

You can do your best, you can do your homework, but you and you alone are the only invested advocate. You can't forget that.

Well put.

so true. I'm helping my bff with her mom in assisted living where the staff is nice and not bad, but they aren't always available when she rings for help. Mother sits in a full diaper for hours unless we complain. It's ok for awhile until again. They are understaffed as im sure every such place is.

When she comes out of er and goes to the rehab facility it's worse. No one in sight, grumpy I hate my job types. Someone is supposed to feed her mother. If we wait for that she'll starve or food will be ice cold and close to the next scheduled meal time. It's no wonder people would rather stay in the hospital if they can't go home. I would. Never had a bad hospital staff experience, just shitting roomies, literally.

Bff will be running out of mother's funds to keep her where she is and is looking at medi-cal nursing home. Wow. Mother is 91 and tuned in to her environment so it's not like she wouldn't notice worse care.

I'd rather keel over much sooner than be placed in any facility..

We can learn alot fom the mexicans... they dont put family in nursing homes... the whole family helps.

We can learn alot fom the mexicans... they dont put family in nursing homes... the whole family helps.

so do iranians, but there are situations where fam can't do it anymore either mentally, physically or medically, or all of above.
  • Like 1

My fingers hurt.

Well, now your backs gonna hurt cuz you just pulled landscaping duty. Anyone elses fingers hurt? Didnt think so.