Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Black panther movie thread....**poof**

Well thats not accurate. There have been several stories on this.

It seems strange for you to be so resolute in your opinion on what the film showed, when you haven't seen it and are debating someone that has.

Just sayin.

Nah; ed wouldn't do that. peenie started it and apparently got irritated by debate on it.

Yes he would. And has.

It seems strange for you to be so resolute in your opinion on what the film showed, when you haven't seen it and are debating someone that has.

Just sayin.

Sean Hannity said it was racist soooo.....

Jk.

Sean Hannity said it was racist soooo.....

Jk.

I think a lot of the marvel movies have had very political themes. Particularly the first 2 Iron Mans and all 3 Captain Americas.....it's acute when one stops to think about it, yet when I watched them I didn't feel like I was being preached to.

Now I haven't seen this film either, so my speculation is no more legit than yours....but doesn't a similar amount of political theme for this film feel more likely than Marvel wanting to risk alienating half of the audience of a multi-billion dollar machine?

I anticipate watching it and feeling that a similar amount of political themes as their other films are getting more coverage from the media this time for 2 reasons. 1. Said political themes from this film may have a bit more novelty factor than the political themes we've seen in those other Marvel films.....and 2. In 2018 we are in a more perpetual state of being worked up about politics, therefore we are more hypersensitive to things that we may have barely even noticed 5 years ago.

The unfortunate part of this movie is i actually really like the Black Panther character.....never even thought about black...white whatever.

But now that i know there was a focused effort to make it some sort of black statement, im not going to see it.

It amazes me how one sees everything as a color issue, but try to come off as not the racist ones.

I didnt see any obvious black statement. I think its just haters trying to stir the pot. Dont let other dumb people ruin it for you.

I didnt see any obvious black statement. I think its just haters trying to stir the pot. Dont let other dumb people ruin it for you.

Fair enough....I’ll probably go see it.

Ithink it looks good and will watch it when it comes out on either ppv, Netflix, or one of the movie channels.

Saw the trailer. Looks just like every other goofball comic book movie, except black. Pass

Too bad he couldn't fly.

Look up in the sky. It's a raven? It's a meteor made of coal??

You fools be trippin. It's Super BrothaMan !!!

Saw the trailer. Looks just like every other goofball comic book movie, except black. Pass

Lol it’s well established that you don’t watch any of these movies. It’s not necessary for you to weigh in with an opinion as if it’s a decision you made that could go either way. It’s known already that you will pass, post not needed.

Lol its well established that you dont watch any of these movies. Its not necessary for you to weigh in with an opinion as if its a decision you made that could go either way. Its known already that you will pass, post not needed.

The Army doesn't make you throw a hand grenade anymore. Turns out this generation can't throw.

Saw the film tonight. Some quick thoughts...

- Ever so slightly over rated. It was very good, and up to Marvel standards, but there are a handful of Marvel films I enjoyed more on first watch. Maybe too much expectation.

- Honestly I didnt feel there was any political agenda at all with the film. Maybe a few parallels, but they were very secondary.

- Killmonger (Michael B Jordan) may have been the most badass bad guy in any Marvel film.

In the context of super hero movies, Im thinking 3 stars initially. But Im open to the idea that my expectations were a bit too high.

• Like 1

Saw the film tonight. Some quick thoughts...

- Ever so slightly over rated. It was very good, and up to Marvel standards, but there are a handful of Marvel films I enjoyed more on first watch. Maybe too much expectation.

- Honestly I didnt feel there was any political agenda at all with the film. Maybe a few parallels, but they were very secondary.

- Killmonger (Michael B Jordan) may have been the most badass bad guy in any Marvel film.

In the context of super hero movies, Im thinking 3 stars initially. But Im open to the idea that my expectations were a bit too high.

I put it in the second tier of Marvel movies. Not as good as Ragnarok, Spider-Man Homecoming, GotG 1/2, but as good as the original Thor, Avengers, Iron man, etc...

I put it in the second tier of Marvel movies. Not as good as Ragnarok, Spider-Man Homecoming, GotG 1/2, but as good as the original Thor, Avengers, Iron man, etc...

Was Spiderman Homecoming that good? I've been burned out by the endless Spiderman reboots so I had zero interest in watching it.

Was Spiderman Homecoming that good? I've been burned out by the endless Spiderman reboots so I had zero interest in watching it.

I have not liked any of the Spider-Man movies until this one which was one of my favorites.

I have not liked any of the Spider-Man movies until this one which was one of my favorites.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out if it shows up on Netflix.

I'm gonna wait until it comes out on cable and not watch it.

Yes because it’s the only one made by marvel studios. That’s like the seal of approval and they are something like 17/17 favorably regarded movies. Easily best ratio in movie studio history so far.

My Brother said it was really good, the best Marvel movie in a while. :thumbsup:

It wasn't as good as other superhero movies like The Dark Night (Batman), but worth the watch.

Saw it tonight, was good, but of course I am more of a tech guy, loved the tech aspect of the movie. A little over the top with oppression and refugee garbage, but the action was good.

Overall it falls behind

Thor

Wonder Woman

Black Panther

GotG 2

Civil War

Spidy home-coming

Justice league

thats my rank of the 2017 superhero titles

Finally watched. Slow as hell in the middle. Thought the chicks were better than the guys.

Seriously, leaving all the racial and political bullshit out of there? It is still maybe a six if I'm being generous on a scale of 10.

Watched it last week. It was good, maybe even very good. It wasnt great though and it was definitely overhyped.

Watched it last week. It was good, maybe even very good. It wasnt great though and it was definitely overhyped.

Agreed

I saw the first 3/4 on the plane today, and will watch the end on the way home Thurs. It's a good film. Well shot, decently acted..the costumes are cool and the fight scenes are good too.

But anyone that says this is NOT a "blacks are great, white americans are inferior" are not paying very good attention.

LOTS of discussions about "our people" and so on.

But still good.

I saw the first 3/4 on the plane today, and will watch the end on the way home Thurs. It's a good film. Well shot, decently acted..the costumes are cool and the fight scenes are good too.

But anyone that says this is NOT a "blacks are great, white americans are inferior" are not paying very good attention.

LOTS of discussions about "our people" and so on.

But still good.

They should look into the most dangerous cities in America and who runs them politically.

They should look into the most dangerous cities in America and who runs them politically.

No they shouldn't. It's a superhero movie after all. But yeah, the message was clear. Just sayin.

• Like 1