Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

Bye Bye Meals On Wheels

I find Trump to be an idiotic, mentally unstable odious fraud.

Having said that, STFUP Hollywood. Just one of those odious hairy little troll Kardashians and their moronic followers could fix this Gap in about a nanosecond. So shut the f****** and put the f****** or go the f*** away finally would you?

Back that number up alias troll. Geesus, you don't even give a time frame much less an accounting equivalency.

a billion? Sounds like BS

Being 100% honest, I never knew Meals on Wheels was Federally funded. I knew many of older folks who made and delivered donated food and called it meals in wheels. Where does the Federal funding come in?

Only 3.3% of it is / was

Got to cut that 3.3% so Trump can go to Florida every weekend.

I thought he wasn't going to vacation...wouldn't have time for that?

All recent Presidents seem to do that, but yeah I'm against that as well. Stay in Washington of vacation at Camp David.

But I for am going to give Trump a pass for now for many reasons.

Just saying what he knew the rubes would believe.

I haven't read one Post in this thread but I saw the 3.3% mentioned elsewhere. This is what Liberals are complaining about now? Do they not remember that Obama cut Meals on Wheels funding? I'm guessing we didn't have one thread about that though. Surprise surprise the hypocrisy continues

I haven't read one Post in this thread but I saw the 3.3% mentioned elsewhere. This is what Liberals are complaining about now? Do they not remember that Obama cut Meals on Wheels funding? I'm guessing we didn't have one thread about that though. Surprise surprise the hypocrisy continues

Yup.

So the whole meals on wheels program goes down if it loses 3% of its funding? Doesn't sound like it was on stable footing then. Perhaps feeding the needy shouldnt be in the hands of such an unstable group. People could starve to death. But the really, really funny part is that so much if it's funding comes from religious organizations. You know, churches and stuff that liberals love to mock and paint as evil. GFY.

So the whole meals on wheels program goes down if it loses 3% of its funding? Doesn't sound like it was on stable footing then. Perhaps feeding the needy shouldnt be in the hands of such an unstable group. People could starve to death. But the really, really funny part is that so much if it's funding comes from religious organizations. You know, churches and stuff that liberals love to mock and paint as evil. GFY.

And it's not even direct funding. It's block grant funding.

Dems are such morons

I don't remember Obama cutting it, even though he did. Maybe because like everything else, he got a pass. Unreal.

All recent Presidents seem to do that, but yeah I'm against that as well. Stay in Washington of vacation at Camp David.

But I for am going to give Trump a pass for now for many reasons.

Every weekend?

7 trips so far I believe.

After complaining non stop about Obama and the cost.

Sorry...that's complete crap but Trump and you all can't even call him on that?

And it's not even direct funding. It's block grant funding.

Dems are such morons

And yup.

Congress noted that between 2005 and 2013, the program provided services to over 100 million Americans and created or maintained 330,500 jobs.

Let's take a 3.3% cut of those numbers then.

10,906 jobs potentially lost or affected.

3.3 million seniors affected.

Nope. Just "liberal" paranoia.

This also assumes that the money is evenly spread out throughout the country to Meals on Wheels programs. Some areas might receive a bulk of their funding through federal funds while others might not receive many, if any, with that.

How about the other 96.7% of money that is no longer going to be going to the Community Development Block Grant program? While MoW might not be fully removed, I'm sure the affect on other services provided to seniors through these programs will be detrimental.

Congress noted that between 2005 and 2013, the program provided services to over 100 million Americans and created or maintained 330,500 jobs.

Let's take a 3.3% cut of those numbers then.

10,906 jobs potentially lost or affected.

3.3 million seniors affected.

Nope. Just "liberal" paranoia.

This also assumes that the money is evenly spread out throughout the country to Meals on Wheels programs. Some areas might receive a bulk of their funding through federal funds while others might not receive many, if any, with that.

How about the other 96.7% of money that is no longer going to be going to the Community Development Block Grant program? While MoW might not be fully removed, I'm sure the affect on other services provided to seniors through these programs will be detrimental.

Good. Change the title of the thread from "bye bye meals on wheels" to " meals on wheels to have slight reduction in funding but not as much as Obama cut".

• Like 1

The3% isthe national orgs finding from the CDBG.

The cuts to HHS may also impact their funding (over 34% or so of their funding overall is from the Feds in a different grants)

The good news...response to Trump cuts have resulted in skyrocketing donations.

Just as responseto his travel EOs have provided gigantic surges in funding for the ACLU

The3% isthe national orgs finding from the CDBG.

The cuts to HHS may also impact their funding (over 34% or so of their funding overall is from the Feds in a different grants)

The good news...response to Trump cuts have resulted in skyrocketing donations.

Just as responseto his travel EOs have provided gigantic surges in funding for the ACLU

Perfect. If donations are skyrocketing then what's the fuss? Cradle to grave is what some of you want. Christ Almighty.

• Like 1

Perfect. If donations are skyrocketing then what's the fuss? Cradle to grave is what some of you want. Christ Almighty.

They are skyrocketing because those mean liberals are creating action to take up now for those that Trump will leave behind.

Doesn't mean it should have to happen that way.

They are skyrocketing because those mean liberals are creating action to take up now for those that Trump will leave behind.

I'm, an apparent mean conservative, who donates frequently. I think, Veterans aside, it should be local private funding for the hungry.

But it's been the churches doing the work the whole time. You know, Christianity, the one religion liberals are Ok with attacking constantly.

I'm, an apparent mean conservative, who donates frequently. I think, Veterans aside, it should be local private funding for the hungry.

I think there is need for both.

And promoting the general welfare...makes it just as much of a federal issue

So, Trump proposing in a budget that has yet to be negotiated that there will be a possible slight reduction to the MOW program is met with a huge outcry, but few were even aware that Obama actually did cut funding to it. Rock on libtards, rock on.

Outcry, privatization, and government cuts can be symbiotic.

Also, the cut proposal by Obama on the Community Development Block Grants was from $3 billion to $2.8 billion. A slight difference in numbers.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2017/assets/ccs.pdf

Oh, so cuts are ok so long as it doesn't preclude Grammy and Pappy from having a snack delivered.

This thread kinda got away from our resident picker of nits. Good job.

Outcry, privatization, and government cuts can be symbiotic.

Also, the cut proposal by Obama on the Community Development Block Grants was from $3 billion to $2.8 billion. A slight difference in numbers.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2017/assets/ccs.pdf

I hate the idea of this CDBG. It's basically a slush fund for congresspeople to get money for their communities. I'm fine with tossing some federal funding to national programs like Meals on Wheels, but many of the CDBG programs are local. Federal tax dollars do not need to go to things like renovating a sidewalk and playground at a school; that is for LOCAL tax dollars.

the last supper

no one?

ive been chuckling at this one overnight.

Just say "I was wrong. MOW is not going away because of the new budget".

Just say "I was wrong. MOW is not going away because of the new budget".

Don't believe I ever claimed it was.

Try again chief.

Let's get this straight though. Trump is increasing the budget for the V.A. so however this affected Vets, it's more than made up for it giving them better care. So as a Vet, I'd appreciate that being kept out of the rhetoric.

Also, there is PLENTY of fat to be cut from the budget with programs to refocus in other areas. Admit the focking system of how we spend taxpayer's dollars is broken to start with then realize some cuts have to be made.

Let's get this straight though. Trump is increasing the budget for the V.A. so however this affected Vets, it's more than made up for it giving them better care. So as a Vet, I'd appreciate that being kept out of the rhetoric.

Also, there is PLENTY of fat to be cut from the budget with programs to refocus in other areas. Admit the focking system of how we spend taxpayer's dollars is broken to start with then realize some cuts have to be made.

Plenty of fat in the one thing he really wants to increase as well. But we know you all don't give a damn about social programs

Plenty of fat in the one thing he really wants to increase as well. But we know you all don't give a damn about social programs

I'd much rather spend the money on defense than PBS, bloated social programs, the Arts.........etc.

Since I'm the only one paying taxes between the two of us, let ME decide how that money is spent. MMMMMmmmmmmKay?

I'd much rather spend the money on defense than PBS, bloated social programs, the Arts.........etc.

Since I'm the only one paying taxes between the two of us, let ME decide how that money is spent. MMMMMmmmmmmKay?

We already spend a ton on defense.

And no, you aren't the only one paying taxes...you should again stop being an ignorant fool for once.

And considering how ignorant you continue to be...you shouldn't be deciding any damn thing.

We already spend a ###### ton on defense.

And no, you aren't the only one paying taxes...you should again stop being an ignorant fool for once.

And considering how ignorant you continue to be...you shouldn't be deciding any damn thing.

While you're sitting on the couch 24/7 and people are out in the workforce, say a word of thanks for those of us that pay for the society in which you live. :wave:

We have a different definition of "social programs." Every conservative here would take federal funds intended to kill innocent babies and divert it to helping veterans. HTH. :cheers:

• Like 1

While you're sitting on the couch 24/7 and people are out in the workforce, say a word of thanks for those of us that pay for the society in which you live. :wave:

You prove how clueless you are about me an everything with each post you make.

We have a different definition of "social programs." Every conservative here would take federal funds intended to kill innocent babies and divert it to helping veterans. HTH. :cheers:

A-FOCKING-MEN. :first:

Good thing federal funds don't find abortions.

Helping vets is great.

Expanding the military budget rather than streamlining how we have built it...so we can build another tank rather than feeding hungry kids and old people is stupid.

How much military spending is going to some pet project of some senator in their state (so that they vote with someone else on some other issue)?

Good thing federal funds don't find abortions.

Helping vets is great.

Expanding the military budget rather than streamlining how we have built it...so we can build another tank rather than feeding hungry kids and old people is stupid.

How much military spending is going to some pet project of some senator in their state (so that they vote with someone else on some other issue)?

Didn't find abortions? You look in the mirror lately?

Of course Planned Parenthood accepts taxpayer dollars (state) and uses them for Abortions. And you don't give a flying fock about Veterans or the military.

Didn't find abortions? You look in the mirror lately?

Of course Planned Parenthood accepts taxpayer dollars (state) and uses them for Abortions. And you don't give a flying fock about Veterans or the military.

Focking typo and that's all youve got?

Yes...they accept taxpayer dollars...never have disputed that.

No...they don't use federal funds for abortions.

Your last line is again pathetic and false.