Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

A moment that every single football fan saw coming

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9467/dean-spanos

ESPN's Seth Wickersham reports the Chargers' viability in Los Angeles will be a "major discussion topic among NFL owners and executives at this weeks league meetings."

As Adam Schefter notes, it's a "troubling issue" for the league. The Chargers' PSL (personal seat license) sales have been a real struggle, and Wickersham says the team is expected to revise its Inglewood revenue goals sharply to a more realistic number of $150 million from initially setting it at $400 million. The Chargers are a team without a home as the Rams have cornered the L.A. market, and the Bolts are the stepson to the city. There were whispers last year of the NFL considering moving the Chargers back to San Diego. It should be done, but it would be a total admittance of failure by Roger Goodell and his billionaire buddies.

Did the NFL owners and management really not think this would be the result? Will it be worth it in the end when the Chargers are forced back to SD? What a joke

Shocker, should have just ponied up to get them a stadium in SD where they belong. A literal everyone saw this coming and knew it wouldn’t work in LA.

The only explanation I can think that people had some hope the result wouldn't be this bad, the NFL didn't realize the Rams would be this completely dominant.

Shocker, should have just ponied up to get them a stadium in SD where they belong. A literal everyone saw this coming and knew it wouldnt work in LA.

Yup

I hope that they go back to SD and the people there just throw up their middle fingers. Owners are going to be begging for attendance pretty soon while football continues its decrease in popularity. Bunch of jerk offs thought they could throw figurative middle fingers at fans forever and get away with it. No foresight with these people

Could be the whole point was to get the Chargers out of SD, have them fail in LA, then move them elsewhere. The odds of that are greater than the odds of them returning to SD.

Never made sense to send them to LA, maybe they eventually wanted them somewhere else.

Who knows.

Could be the whole point was to get the Chargers out of SD, have them fail in LA, then move them elsewhere. The odds of that are greater than the odds of them returning to SD.

Is that what really had to be done? They couldn't just skip the LA part?

Or maybe it was to see which of the two teams would be good and then remove the other?

Is that what really had to be done? They couldn't just skip the LA part?

Or maybe it was to see which of the two teams would be good and then remove the other?

Well there was hope they could succeed in LA, but they certainly weren't set up for it with no stadium. All the NFL really cares about is TV, if the Chargers got ratings they would stay in LA.

The NFL really needs to prevent teams from moving

Oakland will be looking for a team in a year or two.

Did the Vegas thing become official? Or did they pull it back? I though some time ago they said they were set to relocate in a few years.

St. Louis, Mexico City, Oakland/LV

I hadn't thought about it but moving to Mexico City would be a great move if they're looking to increase fan base.

They should move to Vegas.

:thumbsup:

The only explanation I can think that people had some hope the result wouldn't be this bad, the NFL didn't realize the Rams would be this completely dominant.

What is interesting is that the Chargers are having one of their best seasons in a long time. :lol:

Its hard to fathom Oakland not having a team. I mean the tech companies spilled out from Silicon into San Francisco, and now they are starting to spill out into Oakland too. There's a real possibility Oakland transforms into another tech hub over the next 20 years. If I were to buy a bunch of speculative real estate, I'd buy up a lot of stuff in Oakland.

Its hard to fathom Oakland not having a team. I mean the tech companies spilled out from Silicon into San Francisco, and now they are starting to spill out into Oakland too. There's a real possibility Oakland transforms into another tech hub over the next 20 years. If I were to buy a bunch of speculative real estate, I'd buy up a lot of stuff in Oakland.

good point, I mean look at what Kroenke is doing to Inglewood, turning it into a hot spot paradise reclamation

Ladies and Getlemen,

YOUR SAN ANTONIO CHARGERS!!!!

There's a reason SA doesn't have a team yet.. His name is Jerry Jones.

Won't happen as long as he's alive...... Which given his liver and the fact he just turned 76 last week - could be any day now.

There's a reason SA doesn't have a team yet.. His name is Jerry Jones.

Won't happen as long as he's alive...... Which given his liver and the fact he just turned 76 last week - could be any day now.

Not sure I want to live in a world with no Jerrah Jones..

:(

Not sure I want to live in a world with no Jerrah Jones..

:(

Eagles fans agree. I hope he lives to 100.
  • Like 1

Ha, no doubt. I'm surprised the entire East doesn't pay for Jerry's healthcare - top of the line, to keep his ass ticking. :lol:

Ha, no doubt. I'm surprised the entire East doesn't pay for Jerry's healthcare - top of the line, to keep his ass ticking. :lol:

Ive read that hes actually a better than average drafter according to some metrics, but the Cowboys have been mostly irrelevant since I was in high school so I chose to blame JJ.

Ive read that hes actually a better than average drafter according to some metrics, but the Cowboys have been mostly irrelevant since I was in high school so I chose to blame JJ.

Jerry has never been a gifted draft day genius. He's also overpaid for average players and extended deals to aging 30 year old guys simply bcoz he liked them.

His faults are many. But his most egregious gaff is having Red Garrett coach this team. 9 years and we're still spinning our wheels, stuck in a rut, cemented in mediocrity. 1 playoff win in 9 years and Jerry is content with his puppet - I don't get it.

The crap part is - this team is finally accumulating some talent.. Once Will McClay entered the picture - we have hit on some really solid draft picks.

Not to mention, since Bill Parcells, there probably hasn't been a serious quality coach out there who would come anywhere near Dallas. Why would you?

Not to mention, since Bill Parcells, there probably hasn't been a serious quality coach out there who would come anywhere near Dallas. Why would you?

St. Louis, Mexico City, Oakland/LV

St. Louis and Oakland have had teams twice and lost them..they should be on a major time out. Mexico City would be brutal travel and field temp, and its crazy above sea level.

Is that what the Eagles fans at work tell you?

I was going to say St Louis but Mexico City sounds like a good plan

St. Louis and Oakland have had teams twice and lost them..they should be on a major time out. Mexico City would be brutal travel and field temp, and its crazy above sea level.

St. Louis was totally hosed on the last go around. City did everything the NFL asked, supported the team, but none of that mattered as the owner and NFL knew they always planned on moving back to LA. Jeff Fisher says he was told back in 2012 the team was moving....

Detroit could use a professional football team

Tryhard begging for my attention again - woof! 🐕

Got it. Meow