Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

The government will dictate exactly what people eat now?

I couldn't disagree more with ksb. Michelle Obama came up with a stupid idea of putting calorie counts on every ###### menu. Like somebody's walking into McDonald's and ordering a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese and decides to have a salad because they saw the calorie count.

Not to mention, this created a huge unnecessary cost to small businesses. Its a real ###### Boon for the people who make menus though.

Trump's trying to dial back all kinds of good legislation that occurred under Obama but he's going to let this one go through? Cheesus.

Just proves my point that the wives of presidents should just shut the fuk up. The bush ladies got it right. This isn't England, just because you're fukking the king doesn't make you Queen.

Serious question.

What do you think about store bought items that must have their ingredients listed.

Or things like cigarettes that must have their ingredients listed.

On and on.

I am 100% for personal choice, freedom without gov't intervention on what you put in your body. However I am also for transparency and ensuring the population is making informed choices.

You don't see the Chineseses or dotheads on the food stamps. The black and Spanish much more. And why are the "native Americans" getting any? Don't they have a reservation where they can fish and hunt and grow like their peaceful, productive ancestors?

Agreed, its not a republican - democrat - white - black thing. It's just common sense. :thumbsup:

Additionally, for non-gov't assistance food I loved what the Obama Administration did several years ago with requiring restaurants to label their food with the fat - sugar - carbs - etc. You even see it at fast food drive thru menu's. Let the public choose what they want to eat and put in their bodies, but give them INFORMED decisions. Logical.

There are many questions of this...so not sure its just common sense.

How healthy is canned everything? Not very.

Nochoice?

Locally grown...is it really saving what they claim?

Storage?

Who is running it?

Delivery?

Whats the projected waste in this as well?

May 4, 2017

Starting May 5, restaurants and food stores across the U.S. were going to be required to include calorie counts on their menus. The Trump administration has delayed calorie labeling until next year, and is considering relaxing the requirements for certain food service establishments, a push that’s been led by the supermarket and pizza lobbies.

http://theconversation.com/more-and-more-restaurants-list-calories-on-their-menus-what-about-salt-75968

Having still owned my direct mail advertising business at the time I had to print a copy of the rules and regulations of that.Holy sh!t what a nightmare trying to decipher it,the govt. was even requiring all info on all advertising and if a pizza chain for example had 6 coupons each coupon had to have every single item on said pizza broken down which in turn had my restaurant clients frustrated as the ad space it would take was going to increase their budgets so many of them were considering downsizing their ads.

There are many questions of this...so not sure its just common sense.

How healthy is canned everything? Not very.

Nochoice?

Locally grown...is it really saving what they claim?

Storage?

Who is running it?

Delivery?

Whats the projected waste in this as well?

Sho, I'm speaking on a macro level about the general idea. Obviously if it's fraudulent or costs way more than current budgets for food stamps, etc then that changes things. But we don't know any of that. The idea itself is very good and worth exploring at the very least.

Not opposed to this on principle but it sounds like a logistical nightmare. I dont see how it can be cheaper to ship meals, and obviously requiring people without transport to get to a post office several times per week isnt going to work.

Sho, I'm speaking on a macro level about the general idea. Obviously if it's fraudulent or costs way more than current budgets for food stamps, etc then that changes things. But we don't know any of that. The idea itself is very good and worth exploring at the very least.

I think the idea has merit.

Im skeptical of implementation and actual savings.

Blue Apron is losing millions right now.

Also...we are so worried about waste and fraud in a program that is what percentage of the budget?

Yet increasing the military budget which is giant. Do we believe there is no fraud there?

Im not says no we should not try and save...I have no problem for legit ways to do so.

Not opposed to this on principle but it sounds like a logistical nightmare. I dont see how it can be cheaper to ship meals, and obviously requiring people without transport to get to a post office several times per week isnt going to work.

How are they getting to the grocery store to buy groceries with EBT/food stamps?

I agree it seems like a logistical nightmare. But if some brainiac can make this cheaper than the current option you got at least have the discussion about it.

Well, if I ever go on food stamps, the govt. better take into consideration of my special dietary needs of bacon, lobster and steak every night.

• Like 2

How are they getting to the grocery store to buy groceries with EBT/food stamps?

I agree it seems like a logistical nightmare. But if some brainiac can make this cheaper than the current option you got at least have the discussion about it.

Well here in the city theyre getting food at local corner stores and groceries within walking distance of their home. I could easily get to a neighborhood grocery store on foot - the post office is more of a trek.

If they can make it cheaper sure. Just sounds to me like its a potential cluster and the only real benefit is angry Trumptards feel like theyre sticking it to the poors.

Just sounds to me like its a potential cluster and the only real benefit is angry Trumptards feel like theyre sticking it to the poors.

Wow

Gov't Drones will deliver said nutritious meals complete with a camera to spy on said poor people and a shocking device if they decide to talk back.

Gov't Drones will deliver said nutritious meals complete with a camera to spy on said poor people and a shocking device if they decide to talk back.

Solved! Plus a reality show that would be worth watching.

They can pick up the food at the prison canteen when they go visit. This will help bring families together. MAGA

• Like 3

Well here in the city theyre getting food at local corner stores and groceries within walking distance of their home. I could easily get to a neighborhood grocery store on foot - the post office is more of a trek.

If they can make it cheaper sure. Just sounds to me like its a potential cluster and the only real benefit is angry Trumptards feel like theyre sticking it to the poors.

The corner store/ local grocery screams higher prices to me (captive market, higher prices, etc), which leads me to think this could be done cheaper. Maybe its could help keep the USPS solvent/useful/viable(?)

Every grocery store has their own private label canned goods, pastas, bread, milk, eggs, cheese and other staples.

Put together a monthly box that has the same ingredients and have every basic grocery chain in the state price out the box for the govt.

Send the recipient a pick list of everything thats in the box each month, and tell them where they can take the list to have it fulfilled.

The recipient shops and pulls the items on the list, making sure they get the correct stuff as they go. When they get to the register, the cashier verifies the items are correct, scans a single sku and and collects the signed pick ticket as payment.

The signed pick ticket gets sent to the govt as an invoice for payment.

No reason to over complicate it.

Also, I have a hard time believing there are no grocery stores within reach of current food stamp recipients. Theyre getting there and back now. That wouldnt change at all in the scenario above.

• Like 1

Every grocery store has their own private label canned goods, pastas, bread, milk, eggs, cheese and other staples.

Put together a monthly box that has the same ingredients and have every basic grocery chain in the state price out the box for the govt.

Send the recipient a pick list of everything thats in the box each month, and tell them where they can take the list to have it fulfilled.

The recipient shops and pulls the items on the list, making sure they get the correct stuff as they go. When they get to the register, the cashier verifies the items are correct, scans a single sku and and collects the signed pick ticket as payment.

The signed pick ticket gets sent to the govt as an invoice for payment.

No reason to over complicate it.

Also, I have a hard time believing there are no grocery stores within reach of current food stamp recipients. Theyre getting there and back now. That wouldnt change at all in the scenario above.

Does that mean the poors will be coming to the good supermarket then?

Does that mean the poors will be coming to the good supermarket then?

They do it now. My wife nearly got knifed when she called out a ghetto chick for jumping the line when we lived in Chicago.

It was a brand new shiny Dominicks near the Gold Coast and the rapidly vanishing Cabrini Green.

Relatively speaking, its an awesome time in our countrys history to be poor.

My great grandpa was a sharecropper and all my grandparents lived thru the depression.

Hell, when I look back at pictures of myself as a young kid, I never had shoes on. I realize now that my parents were trying to save money on shoes.

I've built my life around avoiding the poor. I like welfare and food stamps. Keep em over there. Here's a Twinkie and some malt liquor. It's all good. Word.

Serious question.

What do you think about store bought items that must have their ingredients listed.

Or things like cigarettes that must have their ingredients listed.

On and on.

I am 100% for personal choice, freedom without gov't intervention on what you put in your body. However I am also for transparency and ensuring the population is making informed choices.

Serious answer. Businesses had already addressed to this for the large part. You go to most chain restaurants and if you're that much of a pain in the ass, you can actually ask for a pamphlet that shows you the ingredient listing. Moreover, you can find all of this on the internet as well as the various corporate websites.

It was solving the problem that didn't need to be solved. One that already had a solution for those who wanted to make informed choices of consent.

Oh sure, that's all well and good until somebody in the government screws up and we're delivering Ramen to the Taliban and blowing the shiit out of kwanisha.

I've built my life around avoiding the poor. I like welfare and food stamps. Keep em over there. Here's a Twinkie and some malt liquor. It's all good. Word.

Mr. Uberman. Can you take me to HT's house. I's hears he's having a party. There's gonna be Twinkies and Old English.

Oh sure, that's all well and good until somebody in the government screws up and we're delivering Ramen to the Taliban and blowing the shiit out of kwanisha.

I fail to see the down side of this.

I fail to see the downside side of this.

Ramen has a very high sodium content. I'd hate for the poor Taliban to feel all bloated and whatnot.

Unless youre truly rich, thats tough to do if youre gonna be part of a community, be involved in your kids activities or do any type of charity work.

I deal with poor folks all the time via church, The Lions Club, youth sports, etc.

The Lions Club used to be a pretty cool hang, but after reading that story today, then suckers have gotten pretty hardcore.

• Like 1

Mr. Uberman. Can you take me to HT's house. I's hears he's having a party. There's gonna be Twinkies and Old English.

I was told there would be punch and pie.

The corner store/ local grocery screams higher prices to me (captive market, higher prices, etc), which leads me to think this could be done cheaper. Maybe its could help keep the USPS solvent/useful/viable(?)

Maybe. But its still not addressing the issue for me: If you have no car how are you supposed to get to the post office? And if this is getting delivered to the home get ready for the missed / stolen packages etc.

It seems to me this has the potential to crest a whole new range of headaches and I am not sure what the benefits are.

Unless youre truly rich, thats tough to do if youre gonna be part of a community, be involved in your kids activities or do any type of charity work.

I deal with poor folks all the time via church, The Lions Club, youth sports, etc.

I'll figure it out.

I was told there would be punch and pie.

:lol:

I don't know where HT lives so I just drop them off at Trader Joe's and park across the street and wait for the cops to show up. How do you like that 1 rating you gave me now?

And if this is getting delivered to the home get ready for the missed / stolen packages etc.

Huh? The largest percentage isn't working and have no car,hell in my area come good weather they're all sitting on the front porch or in the yard in an auto seat pulled from an old clunker.

Maybe. But its still not addressing the issue for me: If you have no car how are you supposed to get to the post office? And if this is getting delivered to the home get ready for the missed / stolen packages etc.

It seems to me this has the potential to crest a whole new range of headaches and I am not sure what the benefits are.

Yup. Hence my first post.

Work out the details, then tell me all about your great ideas.