Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

This is dumb

So, there is a Chick-fil-A inside Mercedes-Benz stadium in Atlanta where the Super Bowl is going to be. So the big question was is Chick-fil-A going to break the rule and actually open up on Superbowl Sunday?

Nope.

I'm sorry. There are principles and then there's just stupid. I mean, if nothing else, let people volunteer for shifts there and donate 100% of the proceeds to whatever charity you want.

That's just nuts. Not to mention, biblically, Sunday isn't even necessarily the Sabbath to many people.

Anywho, I know they probably do other events at that arena or stadium or whatever, but if you're going to build out a franchise there and then not open up on Sundays? WTF? especially maybe a once in a blue moon type of thing like a Superbowl.

It's odd that the stadium even agreed to put it in. Who benefits from an unopen kiosk on any football Sunday?

• Like 1

Sunday football games account for at most 8 regular season games a year.

Here is a quote from a 2017 article: https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/Inside-Chick-fil-A/Why-Is-There-a-Chick-fil-A-in-Mercedes-Benz-Stadium

"We're open for about 100 events a year that happen right here at the stadium, says Jonathan Hollis, franchise Operator of the Chick-fil-A at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. We have Atlanta United soccer games, concerts, college football games, high school football games, band competitions and more. We even have a monster truck rally!

As a matter of fact, Hollis and his team serve so many guests during each event that they begin preparing nearly four hours before stadium doors open. For Hollis, having the chance to run a Chick-fil-A restaurant in a venue like Mercedes-Benz Stadium not only gives him an opportunity to serve customers, but to also be a part of their event experience.

Having a Chick-fil-A in the stadium allows us to serve a myriad of people throughout the year at all sorts of events, says Hollis. Were here when theyre making memories. And we want to create those memories with them its what we do best."

Another fake news story.

It's their business. They can run it as they see fit. America

Volunteers and donating the proceeds is a great idea. :thumbsup:

It's odd that the stadium even agreed to put it in. Who benefits from an unopen kiosk on any football Sunday?

It's an Atlanta based business. Makes millions and employs 1000's of Atlanta residents. Pays them well and gives them Sundays off. It's beloved down there.

It's their business. They can run it as they see fit. America

There's always a 'no shiit' response like this.

However, with preseason games, we're talking about a build-out that is unproductive for at least 10% of the functions of that stadium.

I'm just saying that between bringing in volunteers and donating proceeds, they could still live up to their principles while managing what has to be a very expensive asset more productively.

Certainly wouldn't be the first. The concept of pop-up restaurants these days is pretty damn hot. Guys who run food trucks or charities looking to make some money go into the venue that would be closed anyway on a given night and take over the space. Seems like a win win .

Chick fila is so good they do what they want and people come back for more. No matter what. Its kinda like Trumps presidency. He could kill someone and his voters wouldnt bat an eye. Chik fila is the same. Its also kinda like a smokin hot chick not giving you the poosay every time you want it. If you got no poosay on Sundays, your a$$ will be lined up for it come Monday. When their double wide drive thrus no longer flow out into public roadways, they may have to change their schedule.

• Like 2

Good for Chick Fil A.

Everytime there is a Chik Fil A thread, people want to run their business for them. Looks like they are doing just fine. :dunno:

One of the most well run businesses in America. How do they always find the best kids to work there? I think its cool they just stick to their guns and wont break policy even for SB money. Gotta say though, not selling fried chicken in a city like Atlanta on SB Sunday seems like youre leaving a lot of money on the table.

I dont get Chik Fil A. I like a chicken sandwich and waffle fries as much as the next guy but CFA doesnt seem any different than what Id get at a KFC or Wendys. Why is this place so popular?

That said its their business and I can respect sticking to their business principles despite all the $$$ to be had on SB Sunday. It would be great PR to open on a volunteer basis and donate the proceeds though.

Supposed to be getting a CFA in my neighborhood sometime this year. I will have to give them another try.

One of the most well run businesses in America. How do they always find the best kids to work there?

Im surrounded by a bunch of Chik filas in my metro area and Ive been to alot in other states. All of them except the one in my hometown is awesome for service. They opened about two years ago and I wont go back. They hired a bunch of shatbags that are rude and your order is usually wrong.

1 reasons Chick-fil-A is so successful in the service area is because they are so selective in their franchise agreements. Typically, you have to work for Chick-fil-A for a number of years before even applying for franchise license. Then, they require that you work at least 40 hours / wk at a particular Chick-fil-A.

so you're not going to see a situation like Tony boselli, who owns probably 30 different franchises of different fast food joints here in Colorado.

They basically ensure that each franchise is individually owner operated. Which is incredibly rare these days.

I dont get Chik Fil A. I like a chicken sandwich and waffle fries as much as the next guy but CFA doesnt seem any different than what Id get at a KFC or Wendys. Why is this place so popular?

That said its their business and I can respect sticking to their business principles despite all the $$$ to be had on SB Sunday. It would be great PR to open on a volunteer basis and donate the proceeds though.

Supposed to be getting a CFA in my neighborhood sometime this year. I will have to give them another try.

Because it actually tastes decent for fast food and doesnt make you feel like you are going to have a heart attack after eating it.

Im surrounded by a bunch of Chik filas in my metro area and Ive been to alot in other states. All of them except the one in my hometown is awesome for service. They opened about two years ago and I wont go back. They hired a bunch of shatbags that are rude and your order is usually wrong.

Really? Im surprised. Ive never had a bad experience. Maybe a rogue manager hired a bunch of her cuzzins

Because it actually tastes decent for fast food and doesnt make you feel like you are going to have a heart attack after eating it.

I know I had it once or twice. It was just KFCs or Popeyes. :dunno:

Really? Im surprised. Ive never had a bad experience. Maybe a rogue manager hired a bunch of her cuzzins

Only eaten at one once. Maybe I ordered wrong because I wasn't impressed. Had the chicken. :music_guitarred:

It's FF. And as FF goes, I put it near the top if I want Chicken, fires and sweet tea. Probably eat CFA 4-5x a year.

I know I had it once or twice. It was just KFCs or Popeyes. :dunno:

Lol. The quality of chicken served at Chik Fil A sh!ts on Popeyes or KFC.

Lol. The quality of chicken served at Chil Fil A sh!ts on Popeyes or KFC.

Actually the quality of SERVICE at Chick Fil A is second to none fast food wise.

It's FF. And as FF goes, I put it near the top if I want Chicken, fires and sweet tea. Probably eat CFA 4-5x a year.

Great posting here. I would bathe in their sweet tea.

Actually the quality of SERVICE at Chick Fil A is second to none fast food wise.

Agreed, I mentioned that as well.

The chicken is better too. So many times Ive gone to KFC and the chicken is just all skin and bones. Never at Chik Fil A. They give you a proper steroid pumped chicken and its delicious.

I almost never eat FF. I will try CFA again when they come to Fishtown. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I almost never eat FF. I will try CFA again when they come to Fishtown. :thumbsup:

Whatever you get grab a thing of CFA dipping sauce

:D this made me laugh. and it is correct, not that I am the connoisseur, but CFA makes a good chicken sammich.

Not a huge fan... It's pretty good quality for fast food just not crazy about the flavor of the batter they use, kinda sweet

Indeed. Usually when getting fast food you can tell the kid hates their job and is rude as fock. First few times I went to a CFA I was pleasantly surprised at the friendliness and attentiveness.

Indeed. Usually when getting fast food you can tell the kid hates their job and is rude as fock. First few times I went to a CFA I was pleasantly surprised at the friendliness and attentiveness.

They move people through the drive through lanes fast too. All neatly dressed too.

Yeah, not sure how they pull it off but those kids usually do a really good job and are always so polite and well adjusted.

Yeah, not sure how they pull it off but those kids usually do a really good job and are always so polite and well adjusted.

They dont hate their jobs, they are off every Sunday, Im sure the managers are cool when they have school stuff to do where as a McDonalds manager would probably be like uh uh oh no she didnt ask me dat! I hadz to work 40 hours wen I wuz 16 hours youz gots to 2... and they arent opened that late.