Sign in to follow this  
#1LionFan

Packers WR corps

With a deep receiving corp, a potentially elite TE & capable runnning game, how do you see Jennings and Driver doing this year?

Is Jennings a legit #1 fantasy option? Is he in the Roddy, D-Jax category?

Are Driver's days as a 70 catch/1000 yard receiver numbered? Could he be counted on as a weekly fantasy stater?

I'm very high on Jennings. Rodgers will get better each year and Jennings is too good. I'm banking on him returning to his 2008 stats which would put him up near the Roddy/Jackson tier.

Driver is already nursing an off-season injury and I think James Jones/Jermichael Finley eat into his receptions. I don't think you can count on Driver week in and week out anymore.

Finley is a stud and should end the year as a top 3 tight end.

Any Packer you take is a decent play because they have such a potent offense. Really high on Ryan Grant this season too!

With a deep receiving corp, a potentially elite TE & capable runnning game, how do you see Jennings and Driver doing this year?

Is Jennings a legit #1 fantasy option? Is he in the Roddy, D-Jax category?

Are Driver's days as a 70 catch/1000 yard receiver numbered? Could he be counted on as a weekly fantasy stater?

I'm very high on Jennings. Rodgers will get better each year and Jennings is too good. I'm banking on him returning to his 2008 stats which would put him up near the Roddy/Jackson tier.

Driver is already nursing an off-season injury and I think James Jones/Jermichael Finley eat into his receptions. I don't think you can count on Driver week in and week out anymore.

Finley is a stud and should end the year as a top 3 tight end.

Any Packer you take is a decent play because they have such a potent offense. Really high on Ryan Grant this season too!

Jennings- He will be aided by Finley's emergence. His route is the quick slant and last season defenses sat on it. He was basically triple covered. This helped Driver thrive intitially until he wore down, then Finley walked thru the defenses.

Finley- Finley will be a mismatch no matter what teams try, but he will pull atleast one defender off of Jennings.

Jones- He could easliy replace Driver this year, and be option #3. Driver had procedures on both knees and will have a slower start. I feel Jones replaces him.

Jordy/Driver- Driver won't go down without a fight, but his competition for receptions is with Jones, and Jones might overtake him. I feel Jordy is the perfect #3 Wr. He will be able to get behind coverages with the concentration on Jennings and Finley. He won't have Jones's receptions, but his yards per will be nice.

Jennings- He will be aided by Finley's emergence. His route is the quick slant and last season defenses sat on it. He was basically triple covered. This helped Driver thrive intitially until he wore down, then Finley walked thru the defenses.

Finley- Finley will be a mismatch no matter what teams try, but he will pull atleast one defender off of Jennings.

Jones- He could easliy replace Driver this year, and be option #3. Driver had procedures on both knees and will have a slower start. I feel Jones replaces him.

Jordy/Driver- Driver won't go down without a fight, but his competition for receptions is with Jones, and Jones might overtake him. I feel Jordy is the perfect #3 Wr. He will be able to get behind coverages with the concentration on Jennings and Finley. He won't have Jones's receptions, but his yards per will be nice.

Im not so sure on the Nelson/Jones position at this point.

IMO, the thought of Driver's demise is premature.

His knees were bothering him last year and he still put up pretty solid numbers. Im not sure how much he really wore out last year, or how much it was the emergence of Finley that lowered his production.

It depends what day you read things as far as what to think of Nelson and Jones.

The coaches praise both of them as does Rodgers, so its hard to get a good feel.

I think Nelson is more consistent, but Jones is more of a threat at this point. Both should be well suited as #2 or #3 on the chart if they ever get the chance to move up.

Im not so sure on the Nelson/Jones position at this point.

IMO, the thought of Driver's demise is premature.

His knees were bothering him last year and he still put up pretty solid numbers. Im not sure how much he really wore out last year, or how much it was the emergence of Finley that lowered his production.

It depends what day you read things as far as what to think of Nelson and Jones.

The coaches praise both of them as does Rodgers, so its hard to get a good feel.

I think Nelson is more consistent, but Jones is more of a threat at this point. Both should be well suited as #2 or #3 on the chart if they ever get the chance to move up.

I agree with you and I'm not writing Driver off yet. Things are in place if he does take a slide. The dual kneee job this offseason and his miles is a concern that the packers are ready to face.

Finley will be a monster this year. James Jones is a nice sleeper as well. If Driver falls far enough in your draft, take him, but I won't be surprised if he starts to show his age.

I think Jennings should have a bounce-back season. Remember - he's usually their deep threat, but Rodgers had ZERO time in the first half of the season. If they had connected on just 2 more long passes this season, Jennings would've been a true #1 WR.

Driver continues to be productive, despite his age. He'll fall off a little bit, and probably lose some production for J. Finley. I think Finley will develop into Rodgers' security blanket which takes away from Driver...This is how I see it:

Jennings - 70/1,150/9

Driver - 65/825/5

Finley - 70/1,050/7

Jennings is a top10-12 WR, Driver is a serviceable #3, and Finley is a stud-TE.

Think Jennings will be fine. He isn't at too much of a discount but a little bit. For someone with a top pick in the draft, Jennings come back in the late 2nd/early 3rd round for that team's WR1, or WR2 if they go WR-WR in the 2nd/3rd.

I have no interest in Driver. Don't think he's getting drafted far enough down for his limited upside.

Jones I definitely want to draft for where he's normally getting drafted. He should be capable of overtaking Driver if given the chance. Worth the risk of that happening in that offense.

The only reason Jennings' numbers took a hit last year is because Green Bay, inexplicably, decided to make him a deep threat instead of the run-after-the-catch guy who emerged the year prior. Unfortunately, their O-line sucked for most of the season, so those deep plays often turned into sacks-- a league high last year.

Not only should the O-line be better, but I think they'll go back to giving him more underneath stuff and letting him/them make plays, which really is what this WR corps is made for. Jennings, in that case, will be a stud for many years. I've said for 2 years now that Driver has been an overachieving WR3, and if they got some significant athletic talent at WR2, with Driver in the slot, they could be so much better. He's a fan favorite so that comment will get me blasted, but it's true.

As an above poster also mentioned, I'm on the fence with regard to Nelson, but frankly I think he's got more skills than Jones, who will make an excellent WR3 when Driver moves on.

Bottom line is that I still think Green Bay should have drafted Dez when they had the chance. Yeah, they desperately need O-lineman, but I thought they learned their lesson for passing on Moss a decade ago. When that kind of talent is there, you take it. Green Bay would have been unstoppable for the next several years. Now they'll just be very good. :)

I have no interest in Driver. Don't think he's getting drafted far enough down for his limited upside.

Jones I definitely want to draft for where he's normally getting drafted. He should be capable of overtaking Driver if given the chance. Worth the risk of that happening in that offense.

I'll admit that I don't know where Driver is being drafted right now.... but being an old man and coming off two scoped knees, I can't imagine that it's very high....

As a Packer fan, Jones has a long way to go to overtake Driver..... Driver is an ageless wonder in many respects.... Coming off 6 straight 1,000-yards seasons.....

Every year, everybody predicts Driver will tank.... I just don't see it... Rodgers is only going to get better as he matures...

I definitely have interest in Driver if the price is right... And in a non-Packer homer draft, you should be able to get him pretty late IMHO

Article on his knees for you.....

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=12685655

I don't think Driver will completely tank, but I'm not interested in him at the early 6th round/WR24-25 price he's going at currently. I don't see upside beyond the 1000 yards/few TDs pace he's been on since Jennings became the #1, and his age and the emergence of Finley creates significant risk. Among older receivers, I'd much rather have Hines Ward, who's going +/- 5 picks of Driver. Driver's also going 1-2 rounds earlier than Maclin, Santana Moss, Meachem, and Malcom Floyd, all of whom I think offer less risk and much higher upside. I'd also consider looking a round to half-a-round earlier and making a run at Nicks, who I think has a much bigger chance to blow up and lead a team to the playoffs than Driver does.

Jennings I like as a guy with major WR1 potential, but I wouldn't consider him as safe as the OP's example of Roddy White, who's seen very consistent target/catch numbers over the past three seasons.

I don't think Driver will completely tank, but I'm not interested in him at the early 6th round/WR24-25 price he's going at currently. I don't see upside beyond the 1000 yards/few TDs pace he's been on since Jennings became the #1, and his age and the emergence of Finley creates significant risk. Among older receivers, I'd much rather have Hines Ward, who's going +/- 5 picks of Driver. Driver's also going 1-2 rounds earlier than Maclin, Santana Moss, Meachem, and Malcom Floyd, all of whom I think offer less risk and much higher upside. I'd also consider looking a round to half-a-round earlier and making a run at Nicks, who I think has a much bigger chance to blow up and lead a team to the playoffs than Driver does.

Jennings I like as a guy with major WR1 potential, but I wouldn't consider him as safe as the OP's example of Roddy White, who's seen very consistent target/catch numbers over the past three seasons.

I really see Nelson coming into his own this year. I think he is just flat out better than James Jones, and should anything happen to Driver, I think he fits the role nicely. I am taking a flyer on him in all my leagues this year. We shall see.

'Jennings I like as a guy with major WR1 potential, but I wouldn't consider him as safe as the OP's example of Roddy White, who's seen very consistent target/catch numbers over the past three seasons. '

^ This is exactly my take. I would rank him as a borderline top ten receiver. DJax and him might be even but White is a tier above.

Listen, I know the packers had some Oline problems but he played a full season and had 68 catches and 4 tds.

His tds have declined from 12>9>4 in the past 3years. With the emergence of Finley, Jones, Nelson there may just be too many good options to count on Jennings as a true #1.

I'd be willing to bet Finley leads this team in receptions. After all of the glowing comments about what he could become, he finally matured and turned it into on the field production the second half of last year. Add to that the fact that he attended the Fitzgerald camp, and we have a maturing, budding star on our hands here. It may turn out to be a Gates/VJackson type of distribution...

I'd be willing to bet Finley leads this team in receptions. After all of the glowing comments about what he could become, he finally matured and turned it into on the field production the second half of last year. Add to that the fact that he attended the Fitzgerald camp, and we have a maturing, budding star on our hands here. It may turn out to be a Gates/VJackson type of distribution...

Finley is the receiver I'm targeting on the Packers. Jennings is to inconsistent, I'd rather have Driver three rounds latter.