Sign in to follow this  
Mark91G

Dose Ridley hurt Freeman

with the Falcons signing Ridley dose this hurt Freeman goal line work ?

I don't think for a second Ridley takes a lot of touches from freeman but Ridley is a solid short yardage RB and can punch it over the line from short yardage.

just wanted so to see if anyone thinks he might be sniping the goal line work

I know Coleman took a lot of snaps off Freeman but it was mostly in the passing game which coleman was on fire.

Ridley is a whole lot of bad

I don't disagree he was a solid RB but last few years has struggled and after the injury he hasn't been the same but I think he still has the ability its just getting it out of him.

and like I said I don't see him becoming their top rb but I can see him getting used to brake the goal line on short td rushes which would steal them from freeman.

I don't disagree he was a solid RB but last few years has struggled and after the injury he hasn't been the same but I think he still has the ability its just getting it out of him.

and like I said I don't see him becoming their top rb but I can see him getting used to brake the goal line on short td rushes which would steal them from freeman.

I don't think he was ever that good. Just had some solid production in a good siuation. What ever mediocre ability he had seems like it has diminished even more. Maybe some goal like touches? I wouldn't expect much more than that. Nor would I expect him to even do anything with his touches if he were given morr

The real question is whether Ward takes on the Coleman role

I'm skeptical. The Coleman Role is really just half of the Freeman Role--they only give it to Coleman because he's a talented back that they feel obligated to play. I don't know that they feel obligated to do anything with Ward. He'll take a few carries/catches, just to keep Freeman fresh. But he won't get even half of what Coleman got.

I agree with all, I was never saying he would take over any number of snaps and without doubt freeman will get more touches with coleman out, just felt that ridley may steal a few TDs from him on the goal line I don't think he will be used to march it up the field that much but more for the short and goal situations

I agree with all, I was never saying he would take over any number of snaps and without doubt freeman will get more touches with coleman out, just felt that ridley may steal a few TDs from him on the goal line I don't think he will be used to march it up the field that much but more for the short and goal situations

The goalline thing is always a possibility, yeah. See Reggie Freakin Bush last week, or the dude in Oakland who only carries at the 1 yard line (I think it's in his contract). Luckily, the goal line carries aren't where Freeman makes his money. Redzone attempts yeah, but they usually aren't plunges, iirc.

• Like 1

Freeman is going to beast with coleman out. He did last year to and that is why so many people drafted him in the 2nd. He looked to be a the lead back in a high scoring offense.

Freeman is going to beast with coleman out. He did last year to and that is why so many people drafted him in the 2nd. He looked to be a the lead back in a high scoring offense.

He did for the first half of the season last year. Then he just put up some okay stats for the rest. For the record, Week 8 was when he started to decline last year. This year is very different, but I'm just pointing that out. :)

No.

Freeman is a Rb1 with Coleman out.

Idk. Packers have good run D. Maybe Freeman catches a bunch of passes and has a good ppr game. Non ppr I would be a little nervous about this week.

lolz....i have to go against Freeman this week. Just my luck.

Packers have a tough run defense, but Freeman should get 30 touches without Coleman. So with those 30 touches, he's bound to get a few big plays and score a TD or 2.

Hoping the Packers blow them out so the Falcons are forced to pass all game.

Agree .

And wasn't Ridley with the Lions during the summer?

He's a non factor.

Agree .

And wasn't Ridley with the Lions during the summer?

He's a non factor.

Yep...Lions are down to the 4th string tailback ZZenner & even they didn't go re-sign him

Maybe so but remember Freeman is dealing with a hip injury now. I'm not so sure they want to risk an additional beating on the GL especially with Coleman already out.

Maybe so but remember Freeman is dealing with a hip injury now. I'm not so sure they want to risk an additional beating on the GL especially with Coleman already out.

Are you implying that Ridley gets goal line carries because they are afraid of hurting Freeman. Hilarious.

Coleman might not even be out that long. They have an important division game on a short week after this game. I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons wanted to rest him to see if he can return next Thursday. There's no way Ridley does anything, especially with Ward promoted.