I bought more LTC today.

for the haters

you're welcome :wall:

Hopefully some of your listened to my Bitcoin and Ethereum investments, probably not but anyways.

My next big winner is: Carvana (CVNA)

Floating around ten dollars right now with only two locations, I can see this company completely changing the car buying experience. As millennials get older this in my opinion is sure to take off.

-----

Click the following link if you like access to the same compounding interest Bitcoin trading platform that I use. Click here or visit CryptoMongers.com

23.07 as of today.

23.07 as of today.

Yeah it doubled about a month or so after I originally posted. Dipped back down and is back up over 20. One of the few stocks that I actually still own.

Metoo.

people are buying because people are buying and they see the massive profits and hope it's not too late.

See #5 here:

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbloomberg/2017/12/09/seven-lies-bitcoin-fans-tell-themselves-and-anyone-else-who-will-listen/&refURL=&referrer=#2ac067be402d

"A Bitcoin’s intrinsic value is around $1,000 while its market value bounces around between $15,000 and $20,000 (or some other crazy number depending on when you’re reading this). The difference is pure speculation – one fool’s bet that a greater fool will be willing to buy that Bitcoin for more than the first fool paid for it."

Don't lash out Bitcoin fans. Its just one person's perspective, that, in my head, looks the part of "true".

I know, I know...someone else has a link that says everyone tied to bitcoin is going to make money. I get that there are other opinions.

What intrigues me most is that cryptos could some day offer a better, viable alternative to the debt based system used by the banking industry.

The tragic absurdity of our current fiat money system.

Hemphill's horror at the "tragic absurdity" of our current financial system was understandable. The government and powerful bankers established a system in 1913 that typically works like this: Every dollar of the monetary base (or "narrow money" or "high-powered money") comes into existence with a one-to-one increase in the public debt, collectively owed by the taxpayers. Then, private banks use that base to create more dollars (in "broad money") that come into existence with a one-to-one increase in private debt.

Going the other way, if people in the private sector ever paid off all of their debts, and the federal government paid off all of its bondholders, then the supply of US dollars would be virtually extinguished.

This is the sense in which our fiat-money, fractional-reserve system uses "debt-based money." Although market prices are flexible and can react to deflation much better than most people realize, it is still true that our system is tragically absurd.

https://mises.org/library/our-money-based-debt

• Like 1

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=76891C99-43E3-4F24-A23E-B0D611E28F75&siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Analysts at RBC Capital Markets think that Nvidia Corp. will continue to benefit from the mining of cryptocurrencies in 2018, even if the Ethereum blockchain moves past the use of graphics-processing units ...

See this is what I'm sorta getting at... nvidia is going to going up because of the miners buying video cards to make mining rigs.

Yeah it doubled about a month or so after I originally posted. Dipped back down and is back up over 20. One of the few stocks that I actually still own.

dropped out when it hit 20+ a few weeks ago from 13. :(

But thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Bitcoin = Friendster - the first mover in the space that was the uber, but didn't quite execute perfectly.

LiteCoin = MySpace - fixed some of the problems of Friendster, but still had some flaws that needed ironing out.

Ripple = Facebook - fixed all of the major flaws, and partnered up with the right people to ensure longevity.

Ethereum = Snapchat - It's cute. It has some cool features but ultimately it's going to get pushed aside by the bigger fish

That means IOTA might be instagram.

Most of the ICO's = AdultFriendFinder

Keep getting rich, boys!

Bitcoin = Friendster - the first mover in the space that was the uber, but didn't quite execute perfectly.

LiteCoin = MySpace - fixed some of the problems of Friendster, but still had some flaws that needed ironing out.

Ripple = Facebook - fixed all of the major flaws, and partnered up with the right people to ensure longevity.

Ethereum = Snapchat - It's cute. It has some cool features but ultimately it's going to get pushed aside by the bigger fish

Keep getting rich, boys!

You love you some ripple.

See #5 here:

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbloomberg/2017/12/09/seven-lies-bitcoin-fans-tell-themselves-and-anyone-else-who-will-listen/&refURL=&referrer=#2ac067be402d

"A Bitcoin’s intrinsic value is around $1,000 while its market value bounces around between $15,000 and $20,000 (or some other crazy number depending on when you’re reading this). The difference is pure speculation – one fool’s bet that a greater fool will be willing to buy that Bitcoin for more than the first fool paid for it."

Don't lash out Bitcoin fans. Its just one person's perspective, that, in my head, looks the part of "true".

I know, I know...someone else has a link that says everyone tied to bitcoin is going to make money. I get that there are other opinions.

See #5 here:

I'm not invested in BTC atm, and IMO no 'lashing out' is needed to defend the logic of the investment. My first comment in response to his #5, however, isn't in defense of an investment in BTC. Rather, it is a criticism of the hypocrisy he demonstrates in stating it.

He claims that the 'intrinsic' value of 1BTC is "$1,000". Ok...based upon what?

Keep getting rich, boys!

I like the attempt here, but I have to hear the 'whys' behind these proclamations, instead of the proclamations themselves.

Keep getting rich, boys!

you = poor

I like the attempt here, but I have to hear the 'whys' behind these proclamations, instead of the proclamations themselves.

His opinion on Ethereum is making me lose faith in his knowledge about cryptos. Could not be further from the truth. Loves Ripple, hates Ethereum.. what the fock?

His opinion on Ethereum is making me lose faith in his knowledge about cryptos. Could not be further from the truth. Loves Ripple, hates Ethereum.. what the fock?

I agree, but I want to hear his reasons.

I agree, but I want to hear his reasons.

I am curious too just to see what he says. But even if he showed or said something that made me absolutely know it was a home run and believe me, he is probably right, there is money to be made there but Ripple is anti-everything I got into cryptos for in the first place and I'll keep my principles. I've never seen someone push Ripple like this before.

Guys it was just a joke (the social media analogy). Lighten up.

I own btc. I own eth. I own ltc. And yes i own the evil ripple. I love it's execution. I believe for a crypto to proliferate, it needs to be fast. It needs to be robust, and it needs to he cheap. It's that simple.

As an investor, it's important to assess the risks and oppurtunities of everything you invest in. Burying your head in the sand and just saying everything is perfect and there is no way your investment can fail is a sure way to lose money.

When the winds start to change i want to be ready.

I don't care about changing the world. I care about making money.

Guys it was just a joke. Lighten up.

I own btc. I own eth. I own ltc. And yes i own the evil ripple. I love it's execution. I believe for a crypto to proliferate, it needs to be fast. It needs to be robust, and it needs to he cheap. It's that simple.

As an investor, it's important to assess the risks and oppurtunities of everything you invest in. Burying your head in the sand and just saying everything is perfect and there is no way your investment can fail is a sure way to lose money.

:thumbsup:

Guys it was just a joke (the social media analogy). Lighten up.

Not sure how my response to you could possibly be any 'lighter' and actually acknowledge that you wrote something. You made a joke, but - like most good jokes - one presumes that the funny is derived by the truth behind it.

Was there any actual belief behind your statement, or are you not wanting to talk about that at all or something?

I own btc. I own eth. I own ltc. And yes i own the evil ripple.

You've explained that. I was curious how you quantified their differences. Feel free to get as far into the weeds as you can, because I'm curious.

I love it's execution. I believe for a crypto to proliferate, it needs to be fast. It needs to be robust, and it needs to he cheap. It's that simple.

And that's why I said that you need to be an IOTA investor in my first response to your first post on this. In that post, you lauded Ripple, and this is the most detail you've given so far. You love its 'execution', etc.

Can you explain in any detail what makes it your favorite?

Ok, now that response strikes me as pontificating and lecturing without any real substance, and sounds like you're clucking that someone here is doing what it is you're citing. Who is 'burying their head' or saying 'everything is perfect' or saying 'no way can the investment fail'?

Expound. I don't see anything in these series of posts that demonstrates any heightened level of 'readiness' over another pro-CC poster here.

I think you're drawing lines where no one has challenged otherwise. I think anyone who has posted something germane to that statement said only said something to the effect that knowing something that will change the world also grants them an opportunity to invest in it as well, and make money in the process.

Help me out here. I'm asking because I'm open-minded to all CC investment, and you're clearly extremely pro-Ripple, and I have yet to hear why other than some really vague insinuations of its speed and its partners.

ltc about to break 300, in reverse

ltc about to break 300, in reverse

There is a definite pattern happening.

BTC's moves lead; then profits are taken there and switched into other CCs - which is how LTC rose. Then, the same thing happens, and ETH starts an upward move.

It's why I didn't buy IOTA with ETH yesterday: I figured ETH would make its move. I plan on buying IOTA with ETH on binance, at a higher point.

That point is around $740. In fact, I think that point was triggered earlier.

I'll also point out that BTC dropped into the 13K range and has since recovered to its prior highs, so I expect LTC to return to just under 400 in the next week or so.

The thread is funny. Guys bragging about their 401ks like they did something brilliant. I got news for you, every secretary and bus driver in America got the same returns as you on theirs. . You can ease up on patting yourself on the back, Getko. Meanwhile, 90's is here putting it out there like a man, and he gets dismissed and called a kid. Too funny. Just so you know where I'm coming from, he hit me on the side not too long ago and I didn't respond. Not the right time for me. That doesn't mean I'm sour grapes about it. I'm glad him and the rest that took a shot are winning. Keep dismissing a younger guy who was born and raised in the technology age at your own peril. He doesn't think like you, why would he? Thanks for the offer "kid" and I'll reach out when the time is right. Good luck.

• Like 1

The thread is funny. Guys bragging about their 401ks like they did something brilliant. I got news for you, every secretary and bus driver in America got the same returns as you on theirs. . You can ease up on patting yourself on the back, Gecco. Meanwhile, 90's is here putting it out there like a man, and he gets dismissed and called a kid. Too funny. Just so you know where I'm coming from, he hit me on the side not too long ago and I didn't respond. Not the right time for me. That doesn't mean I'm sour grapes about it. I'm glad him and the rest that took a shot are winning. Keep dismissing a younger guy who was born and raised in the technology age at your own peril. He doesn't think like you, why would he? Thanks for the offer "kid" and I'll reach out when the time is right. Good luck.

Welcome to 3 weeks ago.

The thread is funny. Guys bragging about their 401ks like they did something brilliant. I got news for you, every secretary and bus driver in America got the same returns as you on theirs. . You can ease up on patting yourself on the back, Getko. Meanwhile, 90's is here putting it out there like a man, and he gets dismissed and called a kid. Too funny. Just so you know where I'm coming from, he hit me on the side not too long ago and I didn't respond. Not the right time for me. That doesn't mean I'm sour grapes about it. I'm glad him and the rest that took a shot are winning. Keep dismissing a younger guy who was born and raised in the technology age at your own peril. He doesn't think like you, why would he? Thanks for the offer "kid" and I'll reach out when the time is right. Good luck.

Wait just a second. I thought Mmm...beer was the only one he reached out to. :mad:

Wait just a second. I thought Mmm...beer was the only one he reached out to. :mad:

He's talking about a second time, not that long ago (6-7 weeks?). I was included in that, and reacted. Glad I did.

This.

isnt there literally like 1 or 2 people who have posted anything really knocking this and bragging about traditional stock market gains?

Has anyone shared their actual investment gains on CC yet? I think it'd be cool to see how much 90's advice has made for the rest of the GC. :cheers:

Yeah man if you need help with anything and want to make the jump just let me know. :thumbsup:

I reached out to HT more recently.

Has anyone shared their actual investment gains on CC yet? I think it'd be cool to see how much 90's advice has made for the rest of the GC. :cheers:

as of the day he started this thread bitcoin was about 2300 ish....... amazing

isnt there literally like 1 or 2 people who have posted anything really knocking this and bragging about traditional stock market gains?

Nah, several.

HT nailed it though, same guys can't wait to tell us about their 401k.. Like we all don't focking have one with basically the same returns.... :rolleyes: Or the 6.2% gains they have on a stock in their Ameritrade account they bought 6 years ago.. Yea fella, we all have that as well...

For me, didn't jump in deep, spent what I was comfortable with completely losing.. I watched $3500 turn into 14K in about 5 months.. I sold enough to cover my initial investment and take a little profit, letting the rest ride. Has been a beautiful thing. Not sure what else to say, I am grateful 90's shared his knowledge on the subject. Wish I would have been ballsier.. Christmas could have been real nice....

:dunno:

Edit: $3500, not $2500. Carry on.

I would like to know if anyone has made a profit and cashed out. And if so, how much?

I would like to know if anyone has made a profit and cashed out. And if so, how much?

Lots of people made a profit and cashed out of bitcoin when it hit 500...then 1k...then 5k...and are crying themselves to sleep now that it’s 15k.

Lots of people made a profit and cashed out of bitcoin when it hit 500...then 1k...then 5k...and are crying themselves to sleep now that it’s 15k.

if ETH or LTC reach 15k, I will, well, sh1t, let me get back to you on what I'll do

Well yea, those who completely cashed out. I'm talking about people who cashed in a portion of their total investment.

Well yea, those who completely cashed out. I'm talking about people who cashed in a portion of their total investment.

Realtitties just said he did :doh:

I was up yesterday about 9k with a 9.5k investment. Prices have come down a bit, but I am still up nicely. I am in it for the long haul.

I was up yesterday about 9k with a 9.5k investment. Prices have come down a bit, but I am still up nicely. I am in it for the long haul.

Good to hear. I'm thinking about throwing some in in January. Need to have a really big chunk of cash in 2 years, but making just 10%+ over the course of a year with money that would otherwise sit in a bank account, would be "real nice."

why not just play with house money?