Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Chicago Dog Sauce

Every single person here, to a man, likes ketchup and eats French fries with it. Stop this bullcrap poser Shiite where you try to look sophisticated by saying you don't like it. I've never met a single person in my life who didn't like ketchup and didn't dip their frys in it. It's fine to not prefer it on hot dogs, but stop lying and acting like you are above it. You all eat it. Jesus Christ.

I love ketchup on my tofu dogs and veggie burgers :)

Do you really think I was dishonest above? For me it it is a last resort. Even simple burgers and fries give me bbq, ranch, teriyaki, thousand island.... If the burger is dry and nothing else is around..... Ketchup & maybe mayo

Tan can't believe when people have different life experiences and sensibilities. If you don't think like him or his buddies, you're a liar. :(

I think it's funny that sweet flavoring is considered childish. While it's true many "adult" tastes are bitter or salty, most of the processed food and drinks in this country are sweetened. And most people like dessert, no matter their age.

Hey, just because YOUR Friday nights involve guzzling a gallon of pineapple juice before the 'big date'...

So if you are at a BBQ and they are serving burgers and salad, and they have ketchup and maybe some other condiments you don't like, and they have ranch dressing for the salad, that you put the salad dressing on your burger?

Now you're talking unsophisticated condiments. Ranch is the most boring dressing, bar none. I can't believe Bier can even be in the same room as that tripe.

I'll confess, I usually put ketchup on my hot dogs. Along with yellow mustard and diced onion. I don't put a lot of ketchup on though because it can drown out the flavor.

I think the snobbery comes from -- if you are eating a quality, all-beef hot dog its kind of like putting ketchup on a steak. Why ruin a decent piece of meat with that?

But that said, it's still a focking hot dog. I don't care if it's kosher, no by-products, yada yada yada. It costs a $1.50 or so at most and you put it in the microwave for a minute. Get over yourself.

"Quality" hot dog :lol:

Hot dogs are processed cr@p, purely a comfort food. All these high fallutin' accompaniments are lipstick on a pig.

ETA I see some of you have come to your senses.

I like ranch when it's the only option.

Many of my friends are also into food and as a result many BBQs go beyond a Safeway salad. If that is what is offered, I am grateful..... Just pass on the ketchup.

I let her know about the debate. Will show her when we settle in at hotel

Hi, Mrs. Bier Meister. Send more pics. I'll be up late if he falls asleep. :wave:

Hey, just because YOUR Friday nights involve guzzling a gallon of pineapple juice before the 'big date'...

It imparts a delicious flavor to my baby batter, or so your mom tells me.

jesus, just have a dog with mustard and a side salad. :rolleyes:

celery salt. :doh:

Hey I didn't invent it. Just embrace it.

Try celery salt or even season all on a dog.

Yummy

Ranch is much worse than ketchup. What a vile mixture. I like fries with ketchup and vinegar. I don't eat anything with ranch or even own any ranch.

Ranch is much worse than ketchup. What a vile mixture. I like fries with ketchup and vinegar. I don't eat anything with ranch or even own any ranch.

I partially agree but id rank mayo as the worst condiment ever

I think I just wrote a joke.

Yo mama so fat, she got a ranch-style house.

:dunno:

Don't love mayo but it goes in plenty of things like potato or mac salad. I like it on a leftover thanksgiving turkey sandwich.

Three tomatoes are walking down the street -- a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. Baby tomato starts lagging behind. Poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and squishes him... and says, 'Ketchup.'

Three tomatoes are walking down the street -- a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. Baby tomato starts lagging behind. Poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and squishes him... and says, 'Ketchup.'

I almost posted that last night.

Just call it aoili and double the price.

I can't even eat a sandwich without mayo on it, it's just that delicious.

Fries and Mayo are very European. In a good way to cut down on unnecessary sugar. Also a great way to cut up on extra fat.

I can't even eat a sandwich without mayo on it, it's just that delicious.

The yumminess is undeniable but it's soooooo wrong

I love ketchup on my tofu dogs and veggie burgers :)

Might as well shape tofu dogs like a dong.

Might as well shape tofu dogs like a dong.

You know how many foods are shaped like dicks? The best kinds.

You know how many foods are shaped like dicks? The best kinds.

This post still isn't as ghey as Raiderlover calling Jennifer Lawrence ugly

You know what's amazing is to take a freshly grilled hot dog and dip it in a big old tub of mayonnaise. Just the tip that way you can double and triple dip. Nothing like sucking that mayonnaise right off the top of the weiner. Man I can't get enough of that.

Tofu dog? Wtf is the point? Soy isn't good for men

A hot dog is a bunch of filler any way you cut it. They used to be terrible, but modern veggie dogs taste just as artificial as the real ones.

Also soy is fine for men.

I'll confess, I usually put ketchup on my hot dogs. Along with yellow mustard and diced onion. I don't put a lot of ketchup on though because it can drown out the flavor.

I think the snobbery comes from -- if you are eating a quality, all-beef hot dog its kind of like putting ketchup on a steak. Why ruin a decent piece of meat with that?

But that said, it's still a focking hot dog. I don't care if it's kosher, no by-products, yada yada yada. It costs a $1.50 or so at most and you put it in the microwave for a minute. Get over yourself.

Best quickest hot dog is Oscar Mayer Cheese Dogs. http://www.thegrocerygirls.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/H/R/HRAKF.jpg.jpg

Microwave it for 16 - 20 seconds. Put it on a hot dog bun. Eat.

:nono:

Dirty water dogs are the way to go.

Put a pot of water on the stove, add 1 beef bouillon cube and 1 beer (optional), bring to a boil. Drop dogs in for 7 minutes.

:thumbsup:

The best quality beef dog is still nothing like a steak.

:nono:

Dirty water dogs are the way to go.

Put a pot of water on the stove, add 1 beef bouillon cube and 1 beer (optional), bring to a boil. Drop dogs in for 7 minutes.

:thumbsup:

F that.

Fire grilled

Pan Fried

In that order.

Mike and boil convenient, but distant thirds.

F that.

Fire grilled

Pan Fried

In that order.

Mike and boil convenient, but distant thirds.

I don't care if you cook them on a focking griddle. Anything is better than nukin'em.

The last time I got a link like this I ordered a huge amount of BBQ rubs from penzys, just starting loading up a cart of grilling brats and some exotic looking stuff

have you gotten your brats yet? what did you end up ordering?

"Quality" hot dog :lol:

Hot dogs are processed cr@p, purely a comfort food. All these high fallutin' accompaniments are lipstick on a pig.

ETA I see some of you have come to your senses.

not all are crap.

was in the grocery store yesterday and grabbed some casper's.

was in the grocery store yesterday and grabbed some casper's.

hehehe, that's funny. We usually call them 'Canadians'.

• Like 1

have you gotten your brats yet? what did you end up ordering?

I didn't end up ordering, I have been firing up the big green egg and honing my craft at smoking.