Sign in to follow this  
SpenceToons

Is Goedert going to become a Thing ?

Wentz re-assumed the helm Sunday and all the sudden TE Dallas Goedert wakes up with a 7-7-73-1 receiving line. You can't argue that all this attention was due to the defense bottling up Ertz because he had a 10-5-73 line himself. Even TE Joshua Perkins got into the act with 4 targets.

Perhaps the TE focus was a reaction to a Colts coverage scheme that blanketed the WRs.....I didn't see the game. But Agholor had only 5 targets and Jordan Matthews 2. And target distribution schemes could change significantly when Alshon Jeffery returns.

But i'm starved for TE production and wonder if Goedert is worth springing for.

(I hold David Njoku and do acknowledge a fresh reason for optimism. His only production in Thursday night's game came at the hands of Baker Mayfield, who may start putting in some complete games.)

I was thinking the same thing, Wentz made Burton a thing last year, and could do something similar with Goeddert. Might pick him up while Engram is on the shelf.

I think so...he received nothing but praise from the staff in the preseason. I picked him up last week when I heard Wentz was back. He definitely is a TE2 and might be someone you start. I have George Kittle...and who knows if he takes a hit without Jimmy G on the field.

I would be very slow to pick him up nd expecting this week too week.

He is a rookie te.

It's possible to trust two tight ends from a team sometimes. The benefit here is a legit top 5 tight end if Ertz were to ever get hurt, kind of like how Burton ascended last year. How many other options at tight end have that kind of upside? He is definitely worth a stash imo.