Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

The value of great owners in dynasty leagues

I wanted to tell this story.... In the dynasty league I'm in, I spend a great deal of time ranking the teams and doing write-ups on each roster before Week One. Normally my rankings are pretty accurate and I'll hit 5 of the 6 playoff teams. This season, the two teams in the Championship Game were ranked #12 and #9 by me. Both rosters were pure crap. In my opinion, neither roster is great today.

The point is, the owners didn't quit on their teams. They made several trades during the season, utilized the waiver wire every single week and studied to find out their best possible weekly matchups.

In Dynasty Leagues, the owners are the most important aspect. I'm amazed yearly by what a good owner is worth. In our many many years of this league, we've only had one team change hands.

Props to all you great owners out there who never quit on your team. I didn't win the league, but I'm damn proud to be a part of one where the owners try so hard all year long.

What are your thoughts on a two player keeper league (not dynasty) where an owner has gone 0-13 three out of the last seven years? If you need more league info prior to answering, I'm happy to provide.

PLEASE :lock: THIS SH!T!!!1111!!1

WHO GIVES A RAT'S ARSE??!!11111? THIS IS LIKE A FOOTBALLGHEYS THREAD :thumbsdown:

EAT A BAG OF RICHARDS!!!11111!1111! :banana:

I AM NEWPOSTERGUY!!111

What are your thoughts on a two player keeper league (not dynasty) where an owner has gone 0-13 three out of the last seven years? If you need more league info prior to answering, I'm happy to provide.

I would say that owner sucks tremendously. Tough to lose them all; never mind almost half the time.

I would have a league vote on replacing this guy. We've never had anyone like this in our league, but if we did, I'm pretty certain we'd vote the person out.

PLEASE :lock: THIS SH!T!!!1111!!1

WHO GIVES A RAT'S ARSE??!!11111? THIS IS LIKE A FOOTBALLGHEYS THREAD :thumbsdown:

EAT A BAG OF RICHARDS!!!11111!1111! :banana:

I AM NEWPOSTERGUY!!111

I have to think if you do not have an appreciation for great owners and the value they bring to a league, you are not a true fantasy football fan. Keep playing in the leagues with newbies and women. You may win one someday.

I have to think if you do not have an appreciation for great owners and the value they bring to a league, you are not a true fantasy football fan. Keep playing in the leagues with newbies and women. You may win one someday.

SIMMER DOWN, POPS!!11 DYNASTY IS FOR FOCKIN' IDIOTS!!!11 :nono:

I AM NEWPOSTERGUY!!!111!

Are you saying that Woman are less effective in ff then men ?

Apparently that is what he was saying. He'll probably belatedly realize the error of his thinking (if/as one kicks his a$$) - unless, of course, he is too chicken to play in a league that includes women. :rolleyes:

I shouldn't speak for all women. I have played in leagues with women and some were very good. In my time playing in serious leagues though, I have yet to see a female win a league with an entry fee over $100. That isn't saying they can't, just that I have not personally seen it. I have, several times, seen men pretending to be women in leagues. I'm not sure why they do that, but it happens.

I wanted to tell this story.... In the dynasty league I'm in, I spend a great deal of time ranking the teams and doing write-ups on each roster before Week One. Normally my rankings are pretty accurate and I'll hit 5 of the 6 playoff teams. This season, the two teams in the Championship Game were ranked #12 and #9 by me. Both rosters were pure crap. In my opinion, neither roster is great today.

The point is, the owners didn't quit on their teams. They made several trades during the season, utilized the waiver wire every single week and studied to find out their best possible weekly matchups.

In Dynasty Leagues, the owners are the most important aspect. I'm amazed yearly by what a good owner is worth. In our many many years of this league, we've only had one team change hands.

Props to all you great owners out there who never quit on your team. I didn't win the league, but I'm damn proud to be a part of one where the owners try so hard all year long.

I have to agree.

picking a good team is only half the battle.

you grab a good one week wonder to cover a bye (or injury) to turn a loss into a win it can make a real difference to your season.

You do it twice, it makes a big difference.

you do it more than twice, you are a fantasy god.

making astute pickups at key times CAN make all the difference.