• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bfros

bfros

FF Geek

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:15 PM

We all know the Steelers lead RB produces in that offense, and that Tomlin does not like to split carries....so who is the handcuff to own? Ridely or Samuels? Let the debate begin. 

#2 Brutal Brutus

Brutal Brutus

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:43 PM

I was trying to figure that out last night for a waiver bid. I chose Samuels as his work has been trending up and has received praise from Tomlin.

#3 bfros

bfros

FF Geek

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

I was leaning towards Samuels too, same reasons. And I heard that Tomlin talked him up, but I can't find a link to that....can you paste the link? 

#4 bfros

bfros

FF Geek

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:49 PM

saw the following, but it only said Samuels arrow was pointing up after last week, but nothing about where he's at in the pecking order with Ridley. 

https://247sports.co...e-it-124680420/

#5 NAn

NAn

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,419 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:29 PM

I googled 'steelers depth chart' and unfortunately nothing definitive...some sites had Samuels listed as #2, some had Ridely listed as #2.

I went with Pittsburgh Steelers own homepage that has Samuels listed as the b/up: https://www.steelers.com/team/depth-chart/ 

#6 cavern

cavern

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:45 PM

which is a change from earlier in the season.  their official website's depth chart used to list ridley #2.  so they bothered to go and make that change, and samuels has been getting more work.  my money is definitely on samuels

I googled 'steelers depth chart' and unfortunately nothing definitive...some sites had Samuels listed as #2, some had Ridely listed as #2.

I went with Pittsburgh Steelers own homepage that has Samuels listed as the b/up: https://www.steelers.com/team/depth-chart/ 

#7 NAn

NAn

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,419 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:49 PM

which is a change from earlier in the season.  their official website's depth chart used to list ridley #2.  so they bothered to go and make that change, and samuels has been getting more work.  my money is definitely on samuels

Good to know, thanks for input.

#8 kimers korner

kimers korner

FF Geek

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:05 PM

Samuals would get the early downs .. Ridley 3rd down and a few possessions per game

#9 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:07 PM

Samuals would get the early downs .. Ridley 3rd down and a few possessions per game

this is why it will never be known, I would say the exact opposite, and most would

Ridley has never been a 3rd down back, and Samuels is a good receiver

Suck it Rockford---

The Right protests the killing of babies, the left protests EVERYTHING else

#10 DrG

DrG

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:55 PM

With gronk hurt Ben Watsons inconsistency, I grabbed Samuels as a speculative add
I dont think hes a 3 down back
At best change of pace player whose dual designation makes him a decent bench add

#11 TheUsualSuspect

TheUsualSuspect

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 02:45 AM

Jesus. Not Jaylen Samuels again. Let it gooo
"I don't want your money... I want your bookie's money." -Walter Abrams

#12 kimers korner

kimers korner

FF Geek

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:06 AM

this is why it will never be known, I would say the exact opposite, and most would

Ridley has never been a 3rd down back, and Samuels is a good receiver...

You could be right , then in your opinion are they both change of pace backs ? Or Ridley early downs , samuels 3rd down ,change of pace ? but just because a player who has been in the league for 7 years and never been a 3rd down back previously, his current situation may be different , he could've been cut yesterday had bell shown up . I couldn't get samuels, so I added Ridley , deep bench anyway , obviously I don't think either will put up Conner numbers if they get the opportunity , at best it may be half of kamara/Ingram.. freeman/Coleman type production..

#13 SexyRexy

SexyRexy

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:36 AM

I'd go with Samuels. He has a skill set that Ridley does not. Plus, Ridley is not good at football.