Sign in to follow this  
American Chewy

Week 3 waiver targets

Nuts: No - T. West didn't get injured. But, he was only on the field for something like 16 snaps... :dunno:

West is day-to-day with an unspecified soft-tissue injury, Jeff Zrebiec of The Baltimore Sun reports.
Spin:
After starting Sunday's 24-10 win over the Browns, West saw just 15 snaps, but now there's an explanation for his reduced Week 2 workload. We'll track his status as this coming Sunday's game against the Jaguars approaches, but if West is limited at all in Week 3, added opportunities await Javorius Allen and Alex Collins.
ROTOWIRE.com
Mon, Sep 18

Perine is def. not 'a guy.' He is the all time leading rusher at Oklahoma (while having to share time with Mixon) and is un believably strong. I would put some stock into him. I have him on all my teams. He should be able to beat fat Rob out if he is studying the plays. Look at some of his highlight vidoes at Oklahoma. 'Just a guy' takes the dummy comment of the night. I do love the story of Perine lifting a car so his buddy could switch out the tire fixing a flat while in high school.

anybody looking at d'onta foreman in deeper leagues? It's not like he looked great but he looked better than that bum lamar. I see this becoming an RBBC sooner rather than later.

Giving up Michael Thomas for scraps doesn't seem like a good strategy...

As I mentioned before the guy is a Cleveland fanatic. When and if Luck comes back, TY is right there with Thomas. I've also offered him the same deal with Snead instead of Hilton.

Either way, I'm probably using my top waiver priority on Higgins. Who catches the ball in Cleveland?

As I mentioned before the guy is a Cleveland fanatic. When and if Luck comes back, TY is right there with Thomas. I've also offered him the same deal with Snead instead of Hilton.

Either way, I'm probably using my top waiver priority on Higgins. Who catches the ball in Cleveland?

Is every league required to have a browns fanatic? We have one too, he's even traveling to Indy (from here in kc) for the game this week. I fully expect him to unload on higgins.

Redskins homer here

Fat Rob > Perrine

Thompson > Perrine

If Rob can play, he'll get the bulk of the carries

Redskins homer here too.

Thanks for suffering with me all these years.

Hunter Henry and Ebron were both dropped last week. Are either one worth the number 1 waiver priority ? I have Charles Clay as of now

Hunter Henry and Ebron were both dropped last week. Are either one worth the number 1 waiver priority ? I have Charles Clay as of now

They're definitely worth picking up, but I wouldn't blow #1 waiver priority for either of them. Hold out for someone better.

If you can't get one of them though, pick up Evan Engram as a free agent. I think he's looked really good so far considering his usage, and has just as much upside as either of those guys. He had a TD last night, had another catch taken down inside the 5, and had a 3rd red zone target. I think he could be their #2 receiver by the end of the year, and you prob don't have to spend a waiver on him yet.

anybody looking at d'onta foreman in deeper leagues? It's not like he looked great but he looked better than that bum lamar. I see this becoming an RBBC sooner rather than later.

I thought he looked pretty good the 1st half vs Cinni and misused the 2nd half. If the Texans def shows up against NE and can keep it close he might be a good play because NE run def has not looked that great. Problem is Texans have no o-line and I'm not sure if they can score more than 13 points.

Perine is def. not 'a guy.' He is the all time leading rusher at Oklahoma (while having to share time with Mixon) and is un believably strong. I would put some stock into him. I have him on all my teams. He should be able to beat fat Rob out if he is studying the plays. Look at some of his highlight vidoes at Oklahoma. 'Just a guy' takes the dummy comment of the night. I do love the story of Perine lifting a car so his buddy could switch out the tire fixing a flat while in high school.

While he's not "a guy" I was never terribly impressed with him in college (though admittedly not seeing him regularly).

If you look at his college game log at oklahoma, he played 36 games. In 12 of those he was below 5 ypc (which, to me is the equivalent of the 4 ypc in the NFL). 7 of those games were below 4.0 YPC. If you look at the teams he racked up big yards against they were mostly bad Big XII defenses. Over 1/3 of his career rushing yards came in 7 games vs Kansas, OK State and Texas Tech (1,452 total). His numbers vs other power 5 conference opponents (Clemson 2x, Auburn, Tennessee 2x, Houston) 6 games, 454 yards on 93 carries = 4.9 YPC = 76 yards per game.

I'd say he's got to prove something in the NFL before we assume he's better than a guy who's already proven he can be an effective NFL RB in Rob Kelly

Allen. He's getting more carries in multiple situations. Thompson has 13 touches on the year with 3 tds and he's only being used as a COP. That's not sustainable.

• Like 1

Question

between these two and why

Chris Thompson (was)

or

Buck (jarvius) Allen (bal)

Buck Allen

I prefer players that get more consistent carries/touches as they're more reliable week to week.

Thompson has only touched the ball 13 times, while Allen has touched it 40 times.

You can't count on big plays like Thompson is good for, but if Allen is getting 20 touches a game you can at least know he's safe.

what other TE options are out there?

Everett with the Rams. Granted he's maximized his 4 receptions on the year and turned them into 134 yards, but he was the new staff's pick to become a TE that would stretch the field. I'd say he's worth a flier.

If nobody has jumped on Seferian Jenkins he's worth a flier.

Remember that Funchess played TE at Michigan so I could easily see him taking on Olsen's routes. Dickson has always struck me a a very ordinary player at TE so I think they may look to replace Olsen's Targets wtih more routes for Funchess.

Everett with the Rams. Granted he's maximized his 4 receptions on the year and turned them into 134 yards, but he was the new staff's pick to become a TE that would stretch the field. I'd say he's worth a flier.

If nobody has jumped on Seferian Jenkins he's worth a flier.

Remember that Funchess played TE at Michigan so I could easily see him taking on Olsen's routes. Dickson has always struck me a a very ordinary player at TE so I think they may look to replace Olsen's Targets wtih more routes for Funchess.

definitely agree on Funchess, was thinking the exact same thing.

Not sold yet on Everett as he still only has 4 targets on an offense that might not throw a ton this year. I think there's better options short of really deep leagues.

I'd go with Seferian-Jenkins.

Question

between these two and why

Chris Thompson (was)

or

Buck (jarvius) Allen (bal)

Yup, Buck Allen.

Chance he becomes sort of a "feature back" there.

Will never be the case for Thompson.

So even though Thompson is a decent flex or plug and play guy, I'd go with the potential upside of Allen.

definitely agree on Funchess, was thinking the exact same thing.

Not sold yet on Everett as he still only has 4 targets on an offense that might not throw a ton this year. I think there's better options short of really deep leagues.

I'd go with Seferian-Jenkins.

I don't get the ASJ love. Not blasting, just saying. This guy had about three usable games, back in 2015. One was a great game, 110/2. The rest? Meh. Last year was terrible, 35 yards was his highest output. I don't even consider him as an option.

I don't get the ASJ love. Not blasting, just saying. This guy had about three usable games, back in 2015. One was a great game, 110/2. The rest? Meh. Last year was terrible, 35 yards was his highest output. I don't even consider him as an option.

The optimism is because he was battling alcoholism before, so people are making the presumption that the product they were seeing on the field at the time was not him at his best.

but he was a previous 2nd rd pick, that has rededicated himself to football and is great shape, so they're making an educated guess that he could be a breakout candidate as his team lacks targets and will be playing from behind often. He also had a pretty good preseason to back up some of that hype.

I should preface that I think he's an option if you're in deeper leagues that have already had the TE depth picked through, as I'd prefer to bet on his upside vs taking previous retreads like Watson or Dickson. I wouldn't take him in shallower leagues though over Ebron, Engram, Miller, etc.

• Like 1

It's not really love so much as in deeper leagues he may have been overlooked, and his usage has some upside since the jets receiving corps is so mediocre. I wouldn't be surprised if I cut him after this week but maybe he sees 6-8 targets per game, in PPR that would give him a chance to have some value.

The optimism is because he was battling alcoholism before, so people are making the presumption that the product they were seeing on the field at the time was not him at his best.

but he was a previous 2nd rd pick, that has rededicated himself to football and is great shape, so they're making an educated guess that he could be a breakout candidate as his team lacks targets and will be playing from behind often. He also had a pretty good preseason to back up some of that hype.

I should preface that I think he's an option if you're in deeper leagues that have already had the TE depth picked through, as I'd prefer to bet on his upside vs taking previous retreads like Watson or Dickson. I wouldn't take him in shallower leagues though over Ebron, Engram, Miller, etc.

It's not really love so much as in deeper leagues he may have been overlooked, and his usage has some upside since the jets receiving corps is so mediocre. I wouldn't be surprised if I cut him after this week but maybe he sees 6-8 targets per game, in PPR that would give him a chance to have some value.

Fair enough points from both of you guys.

I'm still not considering him until he does something useful. I mean, good luck to the dude as a human being, alcoholism is tough. But from a detached fantasy owner perspective...you never really 'get over' being an alcoholic. Meh play plus the danger of more in the future makes we want to see him do something before I buy. That may mean I miss out on him.

Good luck with him :)