• Please log in to reply
541 replies to this topic

#521 listen2me 23

listen2me 23

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,608 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:43 PM

Blount averaged 3.9 yard a carry last year. Not sure why people thought he had a great year. He is basically a short yardage back now who saw a lot of carries last year.

Gillislee is a decent sized back who has speed.

#522 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,110 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:07 PM

Blount averaged 3.9 yard a carry last year. Not sure why people thought he had a great year. He is basically a short yardage back now who saw a lot of carries last year.
Gillislee is a decent sized back who has speed.

He had a boatload of Tds and did exactly what they needed him to do. Gillislee is good, they upgraded their whole backfield with keeping guys and adding cheap role players.

I can't think of anyone better to run the country than a reality TV, business mogul blowhard. Apparently, neither could the democrats.

#523 Patriotsfatboy1

Patriotsfatboy1

FF Geek

• Members
  • 34,530 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

He had a boatload of Tds and did exactly what they needed him to do. Gillislee is good, they upgraded their whole backfield with keeping guys and adding cheap role players.

I think the fact that his ypc is dropping added with him wanting what might be his last payday, has the Pats looking to go in a different direction.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

#524 listen2me 23

listen2me 23

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,608 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:57 PM

Yeah hes a short yardage guy who got a lot of TDs in a top offense. I think the 20 carry games for 40 yards isnt something they really needed. There is a reason they dont feel they need him this year.

I owned him in a league and loved his TDs. But he is a bumble forward and a cloud of dust guy.

#525 Djgb13

Djgb13

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,213 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

Yeah hes a short yardage guy who got a lot of TDs in a top offense. I think the 20 carry games for 40 yards isnt something they really needed. There is a reason they dont feel they need him this year.

I owned him in a league and loved his TDs. But he is a bumble forward and a cloud of dust guy.

He can either be the guy who bumbles forward for little to no gain or the guy who just destroys defenses. You never knew what Blount you were going to get that day. But his TDs made up for it

#526 listen2me 23

listen2me 23

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,608 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

I think they upgraded at RB a lot.

#527 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,110 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

They just locked up White too. So are they going to plan on Gillislee, Burkhead, White and Lewis? All of those guys?

I can't think of anyone better to run the country than a reality TV, business mogul blowhard. Apparently, neither could the democrats.

#528 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,694 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

I'm not a big believer in YPC as being the best indicator of a power back. If he's getting the ball in short yardage situations against stacked boxes it's going to bring that number down, but it doesn't mean he didn't get the job done. Punching it in from the one goes down as a 1 yard carry.

#529 listen2me 23

listen2me 23

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,608 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

I'm not a big believer in YPC as being the best indicator of a power back. If he's getting the ball in short yardage situations against stacked boxes it's going to bring that number down, but it doesn't mean he didn't get the job done. Punching it in from the one goes down as a 1 yard carry.

Sure. But I watched him plenty last year and he would have 20 careies for 40 yards then all of a sudden bust a 40 yarder. When you are playing with Brady and that offense you should see plenty of space between the 20s.

Either way the Pats werent too worried about bringing him back. His experience and perhaps leadership will probably be most missed. With Cooks and now Gillislee they are becoming much faster on offense.

#530 listen2me 23

listen2me 23

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,608 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:32 PM

I can see Lewis being traded of cut.

#531 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,694 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:35 PM

Sure. But I watched him plenty last year and he would have 20 careies for 40 yards then all of a sudden bust a 40 yarder. When you are playing with Brady and that offense you should see plenty of space between the 20s.

Either way the Pats werent too worried about bringing him back. His experience and perhaps leadership will probably be most missed. With Cooks and now Gillislee they are becoming much faster on offense.

I agree Gilisse is the upside pick, but I'm just a believer in not overthinking things. Then again, it's my opinion vs BB's and thats the bottom line. I'll defer to the best.

#532 Patriotsfatboy1

Patriotsfatboy1

FF Geek

• Members
  • 34,530 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:20 PM

I can see Lewis being traded of cut.

I don't know about that. Assuming he is healthy, his cap number is small and I think he will bounce back further removed from that knee injury.

I like the White extension as they needed some more depth after this season.

#533 Djgb13

Djgb13

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,213 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

I don't know about that. Assuming he is healthy, his cap number is small and I think he will bounce back further removed from that knee injury.

I like the White extension as they needed some more depth after this season.

Plus White was clutch during the super bowl

#534 Patriotsfatboy1

Patriotsfatboy1

FF Geek

• Members
  • 34,530 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:25 PM

Plus White was clutch during the super bowl

That doesn't necessarily mean you stay or get extended.

#535 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 106,583 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:00 AM

Butler to Saints for the #32 all but a lock now.

#536 listen2me 23

listen2me 23

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,608 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

Could see Lewis being thrown in the deal.  Saints are thin at RB and Ingram isn't a player of health either. 

#537 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,694 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:17 AM

Adrian Peterson to the Saints. Downgrade Ingram and Brees

#538 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,110 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:24 AM

Adrian Peterson to the Saints. Downgrade Ingram and Brees

I wouldn't say Brees, he's too good and If anything it helps him. Ingram yea he gets a downgrade. I'm not sold on AP being effective or healthy all year but it's a good place to land.

#539 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,694 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:25 AM

I wouldn't say Brees, he's too good and If anything it helps him. Ingram yea he gets a downgrade. I'm not sold on AP being effective or healthy all year but it's a good place to land.

Id say Brees. Payton is going to want to play with his toys.

#540 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,694 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:11 AM

Beastmode is a Raider. That should be fun.

#541 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 106,583 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:13 AM

Check that.

Butler now looks like he's staying with the Patriots.

#542 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 38,438 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

Beastmode is a Raider. That should be fun.

How does this all play out w/Seattle's cap? Do they still have to account for some of him, or maybe he returned some of the money?